Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

There will be a preorder tomorrow; DONT BUY IT. This benefits you.

Utterly without doubt, with the announcement of the expansion in a couple of days time, there will be the announcement of a preorder.

With that preorder will almost definitely come new, immediately available digital stuff available in game, particularly in the form of mounts, minions and potentially armor.

There are many, MANY people who will use the logic that since they are definitely buying it anyway, they might as well buy it now and have the stuff now.

If this is you, rethink your position. The preorder content will still be there months from now. The behavior of the consumers will inform the development of the expansion for years to come.

Demand more of Blizzard than we have in the past. Demand physical, concrete evidence of quality production before you give them your money.

There will be plenty of people who will buy the preorder two days from now and nothing in the universe will stop them. That's their prerogative; they aren't the target of this post. If you can put off the short term gain of mount number 358 for a few months, or even weeks, you stand to gain for years to come.

There is a reason they do the preorders in the fashion they do; they predate on feelings of FOMO. You won't miss out; those things will be there for months and months. Please hold of, so that we can demand better.

I'm not saying don't buy the expansion; I'm not even saying don't preorder it. Heck, I'm not even saying don't preorder it soon. Just don't do it this week, or possibly even this month. Wait for more information, for more evidence you are buying a well made product.

I agree. Buying straight away sends the message that they are back on track. That they always had us and we are always ready to be back at an instant. We need to play a bit harder to get. Let them work for it up until release and not take it easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let people make their own decision on buying it or not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Also agree. Don't preorder a damn thing. Preorders will still be open during beta, when we have a lot more information, I guarantee you.

Yup, this post will certainly stop people.

Look man if they show me playable ogres I won't be able to stop myself.

fairly sure i'll be doing a CE pre-order; physical for one account and digital for my second account... sorry not sorry.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I will admit that I will preorder if the bonus entices me, but it would have to be something that really caters to me.

New class? Unlikely to preorder.

An allied race I really like and want to play as? Maybe, but wouldn't be on a rush so I'd preorder in a few months well into beta.

Class Skins? Maybe, depends on the c-

Dark Ranger Class Skin? Yes. I will preorder that.

Pre-order actually will drive their KPI upwards and increase their bonus. They probably have them in their CAIP goals. I know I did, and I was making $$$$.

Imagine pre-ordering a game with no tangible benefits for pre-ordering from a company notorious for half-assing once they made their buck.

Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWT1M3 View Post
    I agree. Buying straight away sends the message that they are back on track. That they always had us and we are always ready to be back at an instant. We need to play a bit harder to get. Let them work for it up until release and not take it easy.
    No, it doesn't. It sends the message that I will end up playing it anyway at some point and if I get free shit for planning ahead then I'll plan ahead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make Blizzard earn your money. Because inevitably the game will be a broken unfun mess when Beta starts.

Ensure you can safely threaten not to buy if they don't pull their ripcord early, or wahtever the meme du jour is this year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Utterly without doubt, with the announcement of the expansion in a couple of days time, there will be the announcement of a preorder.

With that preorder will almost definitely come new, immediately available digital stuff available in game, particularly in the form of mounts, minions and potentially armor.

There are many, MANY people who will use the logic that since they are definitely buying it anyway, they might as well buy it now and have the stuff now.

If this is you, rethink your position. The preorder content will still be there months from now. The behavior of the consumers will inform the development of the expansion for years to come.

Demand more of Blizzard than we have in the past. Demand physical, concrete evidence of quality production before you give them your money.

There will be plenty of people who will buy the preorder two days from now and nothing in the universe will stop them. That's their prerogative; they aren't the target of this post. If you can put off the short term gain of mount number 358 for a few months, or even weeks, you stand to gain for years to come.

There is a reason they do the preorders in the fashion they do; they predate on feelings of FOMO. You won't miss out; those things will be there for months and months. Please hold of, so that we can demand better.

I'm not saying don't buy the expansion; I'm not even saying don't preorder it. Heck, I'm not even saying don't preorder it soon. Just don't do it this week, or possibly even this month. Wait for more information, for more evidence you are buying a well made product.
    I'll be preordering because my life isn't devoted to hating blizzard.

Pre-ordered all up until BFA. No way. Not this time. I want things. I require things. If I don't get them, Shadowlands is my last expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    they wont be getting pre order money from me anymore they've lost that.... they gota earn it

Made by dubbelbasse

Meh. There's yet to be a single expansion that I haven't considered worth atleast the box price. It's the long-term subscription they need to earn from me.

The only thing that would make me hesitate in pre-ordering is if they announced there was no new levels at all.

Well, now i'm considering preordering simply to spite @Delekii

I agree. If you really want Blizzard to understand players' demands, don't preorder. Let whales do this

5+ Year Old Account
    I won't, I've never pre-ordered and I certainly won't start now after Shadowlands, lol.

Let them sweat.

I have over 200€ battle net balance on my account, all bought with gold, and I have almost 3 million gold on my characters.

I will buy the most expensive edition tomorrow for my mother and me and there is nothing you can do about it.