Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Imagine pre-ordering a game with no tangible benefits for pre-ordering from a company notorious for half-assing once they made their buck.

Woof.
    Noooooo, if you don't preorder the gigabux edition for $30000 then the communists win!

Look who’s trying to “benefit me”, haha.
    Yeah, I’ll buy it as I always did.

im going to buy it just because you said not to, i don't even plan to play it.

I won't buy... but if we get Dragonsworn and/or Drakonid race after so many years (a decade+!) of waiting I won't be able to resist. Haven't preordered since MoP.

The only reason to preorder would be for early access to a new class and that most likely won't happen until the prepatch. With that being said, I don't see anything good in preordering. Better to make the company feel like they need to step up their game rather than get hollow promises like so many times so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with arguments like this is that it presumes that Blizz will see the first day pre-order numbers being low & panic, which is not something they or most companies do. They tend to play the long game with those pre-order numbers showing up on Day 1 sales, so whether you buy it now or in June it'll still show up the same. Moral stands are nice and all, but in this case simply not buying the pre-order right away is going to do all of nothing.

If anything is going to change how much of a quality product we get with 10.0, it's going to be all the negative press Shadowlands got.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Utterly without doubt, with the announcement of the expansion in a couple of days time, there will be the announcement of a preorder.

With that preorder will almost definitely come new, immediately available digital stuff available in game, particularly in the form of mounts, minions and potentially armor.

There are many, MANY people who will use the logic that since they are definitely buying it anyway, they might as well buy it now and have the stuff now.

If this is you, rethink your position. The preorder content will still be there months from now. The behavior of the consumers will inform the development of the expansion for years to come.

Demand more of Blizzard than we have in the past. Demand physical, concrete evidence of quality production before you give them your money.

There will be plenty of people who will buy the preorder two days from now and nothing in the universe will stop them. That's their prerogative; they aren't the target of this post. If you can put off the short term gain of mount number 358 for a few months, or even weeks, you stand to gain for years to come.

There is a reason they do the preorders in the fashion they do; they predate on feelings of FOMO. You won't miss out; those things will be there for months and months. Please hold of, so that we can demand better.

I'm not saying don't buy the expansion; I'm not even saying don't preorder it. Heck, I'm not even saying don't preorder it soon. Just don't do it this week, or possibly even this month. Wait for more information, for more evidence you are buying a well made product.
    I understand the basic logic but I'll pre-order it because I know I'm going to play it, and despite the rough patches WoW still has by far the best mmo combat/gaemplay and that doesnt seem like it will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfred View Post
    Buy 100 copies just to own him, man. Blizzard is counting on your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You are literally asking junkies to not buy drugs, good luck with that.
    It's not like you get the product earlier just because you preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfred View Post
    Post it on reddit for updoots like the epic memester you are. You're not gonna let the man get you down and keep you from paying massive video game corporations money so they can continue to churn out subpar products. Fight the power.

Clearly you don't understand how addiction works.

Anyways, BFA was the first expansion I didn't preorder. Shadowlands was the first one I didn't buy right away (it's also the first that I quit fairly shortly into. Just a few months). I have zero intentions of buying any new expansion. They'd have to do a lot to win me back. I honestly hope that they do, seriously. I miss WoW. I just have my doubts that they're ever going to make a game that's fun for me again. It sucks that one of my most favorite, enjoyable time wasters got obliterated and destroyed of everything I found enjoyable about it. Otherwise, I probably won't play ever again unless a sub comes free with Game Pass or something. Instead I'll just constantly pine about what could be, I guess. At least I'm not aggressive about it, and I care about the health of the game!
    Last edited by Otimus; 2022-04-19 at 04:04 AM.

Expansion will be good. Even if its only 30% as good as they promise it will be better the any other game. So ofc i will pre order.

people will fall for it cuz they are adding dragon wings transmog.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have near 200 dollars on my Bnet account (token). I don't play other Blizzard games other than WoW. So I will likely preorder because I enjoy my time in WoW,even during down time expansion.

3+ Year Old Account
    While I agree it would be quite foolish to pre-order day 1, if the zealots wish to make the purchase anyways, it's their decision.

Depends on what the bonuses are /shrug

Tomorrow half wow population will look basic with the same transmog and mount from the pre-order.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    I have over 200€ battle net balance on my account, all bought with gold, and I have almost 3 million gold on my characters.

I will buy the most expensive edition tomorrow for my mother and me and there is nothing you can do about it.
    wow dood nice

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I have near 200 dollars on my Bnet account (token). I don't play other Blizzard games other than WoW. So I will likely preorder because I enjoy my time in WoW,even during down time expansion.
    I mean, you already gave them $200 indirectly. That's just cashing in.

I won't. There's literally NO reason to unless we have early access to something.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."