Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Rewarding the company that is just gonna churn out a half-finished product again to own the random guy on MMO-Champion.

Heckin epic.
    Nah, I only commented to `own the random guy on MMO-Champion`.

I was gonna preorder no matter what, because the only expansion I've ever been disappointed in was WoD, and even then I enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I'll spend my money on whatever I want to spend my money on, thanks.

Maybe I will buy it, maybe I won't. Some random post on a minority forum certainly isn't gonna sway my decision either way. Especially not when said forum is full of people who like to hate regardless.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Utterly without doubt, with the announcement of the expansion in a couple of days time, there will be the announcement of a preorder.

With that preorder will almost definitely come new, immediately available digital stuff available in game, particularly in the form of mounts, minions and potentially armor.

There are many, MANY people who will use the logic that since they are definitely buying it anyway, they might as well buy it now and have the stuff now.

If this is you, rethink your position. The preorder content will still be there months from now. The behavior of the consumers will inform the development of the expansion for years to come.

Demand more of Blizzard than we have in the past. Demand physical, concrete evidence of quality production before you give them your money.

There will be plenty of people who will buy the preorder two days from now and nothing in the universe will stop them. That's their prerogative; they aren't the target of this post. If you can put off the short term gain of mount number 358 for a few months, or even weeks, you stand to gain for years to come.

There is a reason they do the preorders in the fashion they do; they predate on feelings of FOMO. You won't miss out; those things will be there for months and months. Please hold of, so that we can demand better.

I'm not saying don't buy the expansion; I'm not even saying don't preorder it. Heck, I'm not even saying don't preorder it soon. Just don't do it this week, or possibly even this month. Wait for more information, for more evidence you are buying a well made product.
    Whether you preorder something or not wont have one iota of an effect on what's available at launch.

"Oh damn, not a lot of people preordered, I guess we gotta put that new class we were toying around with after all!" ~something never said by blizzard ever

I have never once seen anything like that happen from Blizzard. These development pipelines are years in the works; they aren't going to belt out three new zones or a new class or new race in a few months because sales weren't in line with what they internally expected.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    I'll spend my money on whatever I want to spend my money on, thanks.

Maybe I will buy it, maybe I won't. Some random post on a minority forum certainly isn't gonna sway my decision either way. Especially not when said forum is full of people who like to hate regardless.
    This is pretty much how I see it. I think the earliest I’ve ever done a pre-order was 48 hours prior to launch now that most everything has gone digital.

No one should be telling anyone what to do with their cash or free time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have never been one to preorder anything way ahead of time, just in case something happens later that would make me lose interest. It seems pretty pointless to spend money long before getting the product, and any preorder bonuses will still be there if you order a week before launch instead of a year. That being said though, I have to agree with the many others pointing out that literally nothing would change based on preorder numbers being lower. The only way to talk with your wallet is to not buy it at all, and most of the people saying they refuse to preorder will end up playing anyway even if they wait until post launch to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Some random post on a minority forum certainly isn't gonna sway my decision either way.
    I didn't realize racism was allowed here.

cool story bruh,no reason not to pre order if you plan on buying the expansion no matter what

I have no interest in wow right now so unless they pull something massive I’ll just keep playing other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Das Thora View Post
    I didn't realize racism was allowed here.
    God I hope you are not serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Look man if they show me playable ogres I won't be able to stop myself.
    You have an impulse problem I am guessing you give yourself a lot of handy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Utterly without doubt, with the announcement of the expansion in a couple of days time, there will be the announcement of a preorder.

With that preorder will almost definitely come new, immediately available digital stuff available in game, particularly in the form of mounts, minions and potentially armor.

There are many, MANY people who will use the logic that since they are definitely buying it anyway, they might as well buy it now and have the stuff now.

If this is you, rethink your position. The preorder content will still be there months from now. The behavior of the consumers will inform the development of the expansion for years to come.

Demand more of Blizzard than we have in the past. Demand physical, concrete evidence of quality production before you give them your money.

There will be plenty of people who will buy the preorder two days from now and nothing in the universe will stop them. That's their prerogative; they aren't the target of this post. If you can put off the short term gain of mount number 358 for a few months, or even weeks, you stand to gain for years to come.

There is a reason they do the preorders in the fashion they do; they predate on feelings of FOMO. You won't miss out; those things will be there for months and months. Please hold of, so that we can demand better.

I'm not saying don't buy the expansion; I'm not even saying don't preorder it. Heck, I'm not even saying don't preorder it soon. Just don't do it this week, or possibly even this month. Wait for more information, for more evidence you are buying a well made product.
    It's the bonuses they give up right away that have made me pre-purchase every time ngl.
    That being said, I have never ever regretted buying an expansion. Despite all of WoW's issues I always got my money worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Das Thora View Post
    I mean, you already gave them $200 indirectly. That's just cashing in.
    Technically they already cashed in when I spent a relatively useless currency to convince other people to pay them $200.

That does make me wonder if they double dip for their investor metrics, though. $20 from the sale of the token plus $15 from its use as Bnet balance to purchase something else = $35 of net bookings for the quarterly report when only $20 was actual revenue? No wonder net bookings continue to rise as MAU's drop...

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    No, it doesn't. It sends the message that I will end up playing it anyway at some point and if I get free shit for planning ahead then I'll plan ahead.
    Yes, it does. Also, if you're not aware, you could buy it literally the night before it comes out and it won't be any different than if you bought it tomorrow. Why would you ever spend the money when you've barely seen anything for it?

A friend in discord told me today that this old dinosaur of a game is releasing yet another expansion and I didn't believe him. I had to login this account after many years just to see for myself.

LMAO...the sad reality is that for 20 years you losers have played this shit game and let life pass you by. A lot of you probably left your families for some fat "elf" you met in your guilds and now this is your identity. Life has passed you by and you're stuck because this is all you have to show for it.

My guess on the new profession is a rapist executive where you rape your co-workers for skillpoints. Blizzard approved for sure.

LMAO at all you losers still stuck playing this trash. Eat shit.

You're just relevant enough for people like me to come and bully you. In before some fat hairy trailer park low income admin with a pony tail nukes my account.
    Last edited by Rolex Snob; 2022-04-19 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Rewarding the company that is just gonna churn out a half-finished product again to own the random guy on MMO-Champion.

Heckin epic.

- - - Updated - - -

There really is no reason to pre-order anyway. You scarcely ever get anything anyone who doesn't pre-order doesn't. Pre-ordering is meant to be a show of faith in the developers, trust they earn by consistently putting out a good product, rather than something normalized.

The fact that we really need to argue the merits of not preemptively giving a company that puts out lukewarm products to no benefit to ourselves is mindboggling.
    The reason why pre-orders became big and were actually an important facet to marketing was because the more pre-orders a game received, the more incentive and ability there was for the developers to create DLC. It proved their was a market for it, more-so than the developers earning faith from the consumer.

Now that we're in the space of Anthem, Battlefield 2042, current WoW, New World, so on and so forth - that incentive is gone. Who wants DLC when that DLC is just finishing the game?

I'll pre-purchase it because I enjoy the game as a whole. There's always going to be aspects of an expansion that I like and dislike, which is every expansion in WoW's history. Shadowlands is awful, but I've enjoyed many aspects of it regardless.

I think I'd rather fly the friendly skies on my new Emerald Drake mount in 12 hours instead of 12 months from now. I mean, thanks for trying at least?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Let people make their own decision on buying it or not.
    And /Thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    A friend in discord told me today that this old dinosaur of a game is releasing yet another expansion and I didn't believe him. I had to login this account after many years just to see for myself.

LMAO...the sad reality is that for 20 years you losers have played this shit game and let life pass you by. A lot of you probably left your families for some fat "elf" you met in your guilds and now this is your identity. Life has passed you by and you're stuck because this is all you have to show for it.

My guess on the new profession is a rapist executive where you rape your co-workers for skillpoints. Blizzard approved for sure.

LMAO at all you losers still stuck playing this trash. Eat shit.

You're just relevant enough for people like me to come and bully you. In before some fat hairy trailer park low income admin with a pony tail nukes my account.
    Careful with that edge, you might hurt yourself with it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Look man if they show me playable ogres I won't be able to stop myself.
    I'll admit that this would make it hard for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    [lmao, the edge]
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

I may have my grievances with the current state of the game (at this point it's mostly niche stuff like putting BiS endgame gear behind a Timewalking event that is only available for a week every 4 months), but I'm still playing the game daily and having fun.

Even if the next expansion was just more of the same I'd still be playing.

If y'all grievances outweigh your enjoyment of the game, stop playing. But don't expect everyone else to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I'm sorry my dude if there's a dragon class I can't be held responsible for how fast I click preorder. I recognize I'm part of the problem.

The people your post would actually have a chance of having any effect on probably already aren't going to be preordering it. The rest, I doubt your post will have much effect. People have been pushing against preorders like this for close to 2 decades now, and hasn't really had much of an impact. A very large portion of the customer base will be preordering it pretty much as soon as it goes live. The best you can really do is just vote with your own wallet and let others do as they will.