10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Woah! This looks cool.
    Yeah it looks better in that image. Still needs work but salvageable for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Anything special you could see on them, or just a higher quality image?

Here's the supposed third one, can't find the second.

Formerly known as Arafal

At the end of the day, the new race hardly matters to me. I have been playing the very same night elf since vanilla lol.

Random thought. Roleplayers are going to have a complete meltdown (and not in a good way). The only way Blizzard can upset them more is if the Scarlet Brotherhood has some prominence in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah it looks better in that image. Still needs work but salvageable for sure.
    It also doesn't have the furrylike soft features on this version. It looks more dangerous. However, I think this one may be a boss or NPC model as opposed to the actual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's a good question. The philosophy seems to be to make every race start in the new starting zone, already members of their factions, yet the Drakthyr would have to join during the plot of this expansion, or at least the beginning. Unless they're unlockable – a bad idea for a non-Allied Race, given that's what defines an Allied Race and was also generally poorly-received – it would be awkward for them to just appear out of nowhere when they start with no idea how they came to be or joined their faction.
    Could be an AR with "no" requirements to having them join. You just log in, go to the embassy and do a questline to unlock them.

The main problem with AR races were afterall how they required sometimes obscure achievements and lots of rep grind before you could even get them.
    The questline at the end is a bit annoying if you have just started playing, but not an impossible task compared to DI dwarf or Vulpera.

Or maybe it's something as simple as them being a regular race in 10.0, but requiring a special questline in the pre-order to be able to play.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    The Anduin is really Arthas son?
    cha-ching! Wait, I’m supposed to be asleep…
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

At the end of the day, the new race hardly matters to me. I have been playing the very same night elf since vanilla lol.
    Why talk about it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Das Thora View Post
    Random thought. Roleplayers are going to have a complete meltdown (and not in a good way). The only way Blizzard can upset them more is if the Scarlet Brotherhood has some prominence in the story.
    Why though?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I suppose that's just the issues of English language companies naming things for people in Central Europe. Certain phonetics just don't carry over. What do the voice actors call them in the German version, by-the-bye? Do they just break a phonetic rule, or do they adapt it to the usual German phonetics and say "Ventir"?

- - - Updated - - -
    The sad thing is, I cannot remember from the top of my head how it's pronounced in cutscenes...have to research.

That said, I just discovered the logo leak and the second dracthyr pic (which looks kinda legit). Perhaps it's not a new playable race but just an npc race like nathrezim?

If Drakthyr are neutral, think you'll be able to make a Drakthyr that turns into a human, for example, but is Horde?

- - - Updated - - -

Why though?
    Why what? Roleplayers hate dragon and Scarlet characters more than anything else in the world. If Blizzard makes dragons playable and Scarlets a legitimate force again, they'll flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Could be an AR with "no" requirements to having them join. You just log in, go to the embassy and do a questline to unlock them.

The main problem with AR races were afterall how they required sometimes obscure achievements and lots of rep grind before you could even get them.
    The questline at the end is a bit annoying if you have just started playing, but not an impossible task compared to DI dwarf or Vulpera.

Or maybe it's something as simple as them being a regular race in 10.0, but requiring a special questline in the pre-order to be able to play.
    All sounds a bit awkward to do, but I figure it could all work. I'm not sure how this would work, really—we've never really had a race without either a questline to introduce them or an event preceding the expansion proper. The Draenei and Blood Elves joined us on Azeroth shortly before the Dark Portal opened, whereas the Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren all joined with an explanatory pre-game questline.

7+ Year Old Account
    So from that Frankystein leak it seems like we will fight against the first original Old God and the void beacon on the isles may be what brings us the "Light vs Void" arc?

Sounds a bit like MoP, and I love it!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So from that Frankystein leak it seems like we will fight against the first original Old God and the void beacon on the isles may be what brings us the "Light vs Void" arc?

Sounds a bit like MoP, and I love it!
    I wonder if Dragonflight will bleed right into a Lightbound 11.0 then.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Drakthyr are neutral, think you'll be able to make a Drakthyr that turns into a human, for example, but is Horde?
    The idea is you pick a core race to be your mortal form, horde players will just pick a horde race.

Formerly known as Arafal

- - - Updated - - -

Why what? Roleplayers hate dragon and Scarlet characters more than anything else in the world. If Blizzard makes dragons playable and Scarlets a legitimate force again, they'll flip.
    This is news to me lol. Seems random.

- - - Updated - - -

I would imagine that it would have race options from both factions. Either a small selection, or just making it easy and making every race available.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Skoomadealer already reserved
    I reserved ripto.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird, because all 3 major RP servers are full of both of those things, and there's entire guilds thriving off this.

What's next, people hate vampire roleplayers on Alliance despite the dozens of Void Elves AFK in Stormwind every single day with their profiles set to such?

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    The sad thing is, I cannot remember from the top of my head how it's pronounced in cutscenes...have to research.

That said, I just discovered the logo leak and the second dracthyr pic (which looks kinda legit). Perhaps it's not a new playable race but just an npc race like nathrezim?
    Possible. It would be very odd for the leakers to find it, then proceed to mod it into the character creation screen, then go ahead and modelshift themselves in front of a red mist effect just to confuse and muddle their own leak, though.

What I'm thinking is that Blizzard is using the NPC model as a temporary placeholder, or was at the time the screenshot was taken, explaining all the oddities around the race like the clipping wings, then will also use a proper player model on release. This is a very odd way of doing things, though.