Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will preorder the moment it's available, thanks

not just preodering, but preordering the ultra elite premium pack, ofc, gotta get the mounts and mogs <3

Coming from a someone that actually enjoys the game
    I 3d print stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood View Post
    Will preorder the moment it's available, thanks

not just preodering, but preordering the ultra elite premium pack, ofc, gotta get the mounts and mogs <3

Coming from a someone that actually enjoys the game
    Same here. It's adorable to see all the salty people complain about others liking what they don't. This whole thread reeks of the "STOP HAVING FUN!" meme

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Utterly without doubt, with the announcement of the expansion in a couple of days time, there will be the announcement of a preorder.

With that preorder will almost definitely come new, immediately available digital stuff available in game, particularly in the form of mounts, minions and potentially armor.

There are many, MANY people who will use the logic that since they are definitely buying it anyway, they might as well buy it now and have the stuff now.

If this is you, rethink your position. The preorder content will still be there months from now. The behavior of the consumers will inform the development of the expansion for years to come.

Demand more of Blizzard than we have in the past. Demand physical, concrete evidence of quality production before you give them your money.

There will be plenty of people who will buy the preorder two days from now and nothing in the universe will stop them. That's their prerogative; they aren't the target of this post. If you can put off the short term gain of mount number 358 for a few months, or even weeks, you stand to gain for years to come.

There is a reason they do the preorders in the fashion they do; they predate on feelings of FOMO. You won't miss out; those things will be there for months and months. Please hold of, so that we can demand better.

I'm not saying don't buy the expansion; I'm not even saying don't preorder it. Heck, I'm not even saying don't preorder it soon. Just don't do it this week, or possibly even this month. Wait for more information, for more evidence you are buying a well made product.
    Honetsly i know i will play it anyway for at least 2-3 month. So why would i not preorder and get whatever benefit comes with it?

i love how some people think that not preordering will send message they have to work harder...
    if you dont buy it AT ALL, and cancell sub? sure
    if you just wait few months or even untill release and then buy the only message that will send, IF ANY, is that everything they did during the beta was so amazing it changed your mind... so if you plan to play it anyway it doesnt matter at all if you buy it right away or on release day... and if you plan to see it before buying it, well then you didnt need to be told to wait, you would already do just that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    The reason why pre-orders became big and were actually an important facet to marketing was because the more pre-orders a game received, the more incentive and ability there was for the developers to create DLC. It proved their was a market for it, more-so than the developers earning faith from the consumer.

Now that we're in the space of Anthem, Battlefield 2042, current WoW, New World, so on and so forth - that incentive is gone. Who wants DLC when that DLC is just finishing the game?
    Pre-orders are a plague in just about any of the entertainment industries. Authors are desperate to get good pre-orders on their titles because the decision on whether to publish more books by that author are now largely based on them. I would imagine the same for games in a more general way. It's a given there will be expansions for WoW for the foreseeable future but the budget for 11.0 and considerations beyond that depend more than people imagine on pre-orders. The entire thing sucks and I still won't pre-order.

I see some author promoting his/her latest book for pre-orders when the book will be out in November of this year I tell them I will buy it (if it looks good) but I won't be pre-ordering now because I may not even be alive by then. That's reason enough to bypass the entire concept in my view.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-04-19 at 07:56 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Let people make their own decision on buying it or not.
    decision is simple

do you want 10.0 to be even worse and have even less content then SL - buy preorder

do you want good game finaly ? dont preorder and crash their sales in Q2

there is no third answer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Honetsly i know i will play it anyway for at least 2-3 month. So why would i not preorder and get whatever benefit comes with it?
    because you presumable want to play good game not total garbage that SL was ?

unless you like playing bad games and then complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    "Don't pre-order" - The battlecry of the people who pre-ordered No Man's Sky, Fallout 76 or Cyberpunk, and somehow think that it was unavoidable to get "tricked" into a bad pre-order.
    Cyberpunk was amazing for me as I got 200 hours out of it with maybe a few visual bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    decision is simple

do you want 10.0 to be even worse and have even less content then SL - buy preorder

do you want good game finaly ? dont preorder and crash their sales in Q2

there is no third answer

- - - Updated - - -

because you presumable want to play good game not total garbage that SL was ?

unless you like playing bad games and then complaining.
    For the time i normally play even SL was fun. So for me even SL was allright.

I am mostly thankfull if they fuckup mid expansion because i can take a break without any issue^^

You're talking against a brickwall OP. There will be countless pre-orders because people can't cope with their FOMO.

There's no difference in pre-ordering at the moment it's available and the day before release. Not even a difference with day 1 of release. All of these sales will count as day 1 sales. That's the metric that will be used.

If it's ok to pre-ordering in a few months, it's ok to pre-order now. If it's ok to buy day 1 it's ok to pre-order etc etc.
    pre-orders can even be cancelled. It's quite easy.

The thing is, nothing from marketing can show if the quality is good when it comes to a gaming product. The only thing you can do is play it yourself...
    Pre-release stuff can only show if it's interesting to you, not if it's good.

i'm curious, how can they show it's of quality? Genuinely curious.
    Lets say they show housing. People will be stoked and think it's the best thing ever. Will that be a showcase of quality? What if you then when you play it might not be as good as you thought it would be? Even if there's nothing wrong with it's implementation, it just didn't hit the spot for you. It would probably be a showcase of bad quality I guess, but how would you know before tying it?

Tons of games are hyped and people think it's gonna be the best thing even and then it flops. I think that's an indication that there is no way to show the quality of a product before you try it. Maybe i'm wrong. Really would like to know.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    I'm gonna preorder and you cant stop me.
    true but you are not target of this thread

there is certain % of wow players who will sub regardless of anythign and will buy any kind of garbage blizz throws into store

just like there are simps throwing tens of thousands of $$$$ to twitch streamers for mentioning their name.

same thing.

but if even 1 person will think about it and not preorder due to this thread its already a win .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    There's no difference in pre-ordering at the moment it's available and the day before release. Not even a difference with day 1 of release. All of these sales will count as day 1 sales. That's the metric that will be used.

If it's ok to pre-ordering in a few months, it's ok to pre-order now. If it's ok to buy day 1 it's ok to pre-order etc etc.
    pre-orders can even be cancelled. It's quite easy.

The thing is, nothing from marketing can show if the quality is good when it comes to a gaming product. The only thing you can do is play it yourself...
    Pre-release stuff can only show if it's interesting to you, not if it's good.

i'm curious, how can they show it's of quality? Genuinely curious.
    Lets say they show housing. People will be stoked and think it's the best thing ever. Will that be a showcase of quality? What if you then when you play it might not be as good as you thought it would be? Even if there's nothing wrong with it's implementation, it just didn't hit the spot for you. It would probably be a showcase of bad quality I guess, but how would you know before tying it?

Tons of games are hyped and people think it's gonna be the best thing even and then it flops. I think that's an indication that there is no way to show the quality of a product before you try it. Maybe i'm wrong. Really would like to know.
    there is huge difference in preordeing then vs now.

then you rip all the benefits but you will also get a good game - if you pay them now you will get another garbage like SL because you are sending message that they dont have to care about quality at all.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    decision is simple

I fail to see how preorders affect the quality of the content. It's going to be made the same regardless.

It's not like someone is going to say "oh no, presales are low, let's hire some more devs / scrap stuff and push it back / anything else". They are likely completely seperate departments that don't even hear from eachother. It wouldn't surprise me if a content dev never even found out how many pre-purchases were made.

They are likely already on a timetable and most of the content is probably already set in stone and in development. (and this time around they aren't directly set back by a global pandemic)
    I 3d print stuff

there is huge difference in preordeing then vs now.

then you rip all the benefits but you will also get a good game - if you pay them now you will get another garbage like SL because you are sending message that they dont have to care about quality at all.
    There is no difference in buying day 1 and pre-ordering. They all count as the same metric.

Then I also don't buy into the quality conspiracy. Especially since it's such a subjective view...
    Games content and development on a long project is kind of set in stone early. It's not like they have an emergency team going "LOW PRE-ORDERS MAKE MORE THINGS IN THE COUPLE OF MONTHS". If something marketing team would probably have some heads rolling.

The only objective view you can have of quality is in gamefeel, not sure what the correct term would be tbh. But the way the game handles, responsiveness, stability and such... and WoW has good quality in those areas. Doesn't mean you have to like it, this is all things outside of the actual game design.

Doom 2016 and Eternal are damn good quality games, regardless if you like them or not. Insane performance and responsiveness etc etc.
    If you use "quality" as "I like it" then it kinda loses weight as an argument. Because people like Shadowlands thus it has quality to them. It works both ways.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-04-19 at 08:14 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Let people have fun and spend their money however they want. If you don't like the game's direction just stop playing and move on.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I'll be preordering because my life isn't devoted to hating blizzard.
    You do realize that wanting a finished and quality product has nothing to do with hate, yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Let people have fun and spend their money however they want. If you don't like the game's direction just stop playing and move on.
    Nope, bad practices need to be fought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for reminding me op but I wasn't planning on buying Bfa 3.0 / SL 2.0 anyway.

reasonable idea but this is the gaming industry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I'll be preordering because my life isn't devoted to hating blizzard.
    You can't write half the shit in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt even buy shadowlands yet
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Games content and development on a long project is kind of set in stone early. It's not like they have an emergency team going "LOW PRE-ORDERS MAKE MORE THINGS IN THE COUPLE OF MONTHS".
    this is what people seems not to understand, when beta starts its to see if things that are ALREADY IN PLACE work as intended, not if people like them...
    if something is terribly disliked they might tweak it a bit but not rework half of expansions, and definitely not based on preorders...