Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Depends on where you preorder from. If you preorder digital from Blizzard you pay the whole price up front. If you preorder physical from a story yo usually have to put a few bucks down.
    If you have the freedom to have it returned all the way up till just before the release?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    I know, aren't opinions and different tastes great? It's like we can enjoy other things that some people don't!
    I still would never openly admit to like the Michael Bay Transformer movies -- even anonymously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    I still would never openly admit to like the Michael Bay Transformer movies -- even anonymously.
    Just like Shadowlands, actually. The Michael Bay Transformer movies had great design and creation but sucked on the other points. Shadowlands, if people want to admit it or not, was done great from the art team and music side, the rest, not so much..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm gonna pre-order it as soon as its available as I always have done with each xpac and any other game series I like. Will I regret it? No. If there is egg on my face Ill clean it off and continue to play. If that makes me a disgusting piece of crap cool. Thing is I am a disgusting piece of crap!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you buy anything that will be released in many many months.
    It's not like you lose any benefits if you buy later.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes, hence why I felt it was miscommunication. I believe The Vindicator might be ESL.
    Maybe. Just, interrogate is not really the right choice of word. Questioning or challenging others' opinions would sound less toxic/hostile.

There is absolutely no reason, from a customer point of view, to pre-order this game the day of the announcement (unless you want to show support and appreciation to the team that produce bfa and SL ). You will still be able to do it 1 day before it releases.

Wait for feedback from the communities (websites, content creators and players with access to alphas and betas), it might be amazing, it might be very bad and shady.

Pre ordering this game with the past 2 expacs we got says a lot about the level of addiction some individuals have...
    Last edited by Labambaprincess; 2022-04-19 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Maybe. Just, interrogate is not really the right choice of word. Questioning or challenging others' opinions would sound less toxic/hostile.
    That's how I see it too.

Interrogate also involves some level of heightened importance and sometimes emotional aspect to it as well, which made it comical. As he stated, he isnt ESL -- but the word choice was odd to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Eh, the first one wasn't bad, I still think it's a pretty solid action/sci-fi movie, even if it didn't do Megatron or Starscream jusice.

The others? I mean...everyone is entitled to like whatever they want but...oof, yeah it's a lot harder to find the enjoyment in those ones.

Way ahead of you, I wait for the physical collector edition anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Way ahead of you, I wait for the physical collector edition anyhow.
    I miss buying the physical collector's copies, just.. Can't fit them anywhere anymore..

If you like to buy and return things, then don't buy.

If you're like me and don't care as long as there are playable Pandaren, give them all the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    Meh. There's yet to be a single expansion that I haven't considered worth atleast the box price. It's the long-term subscription they need to earn from me.

The only thing that would make me hesitate in pre-ordering is if they announced there was no new levels at all.
    I feel the same way. Every expansion has been worth the expansion price, its the expansion end-game that has sucked for some.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    we live in a free society and we all have the right to ask questions
    sure, same as whoever you ask have the right NOT TO answer your question

The more hesitant we are, the more blizz needs to convince us by showing 10.0 stuff. Let's collectively wait, I want them reveals rather sooner then later.

If the next expansion becomes great, who do we cheer for? The pre-orders, or the not pre-orders?
    neither have anything to do with expansion quality, so...
    idk what people think, like if blizz is 2 people in garage so if they dont get money in advance they work harder to earn it, but thats not how it works

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Am i toxic if i genuinly enjoyed my time in wow for the time i played? And there has not been any expansion ever i did not NOT enjoy for the frist 3 months. Way worth the money for me and i like the preorder boni.

I don't see even one reason for me not to preorder as they always delivered for me
    So preorder it. Like I said; there are people who will preorder regardless of anything anyone says.

To be clear, I have no ill-will towards you or people like you. If you enjoy the product and have no issue with it, of course you should preorder. Contrary to what a lot of white knights in the thread try to make it into, it isn't "you vs. us" or even "us vs. Blizzard". In my mind, in my opinion, it's "us vs. the business practice that is bad for everybody involved in the game except the shareholders".

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Of course the latter, I've yet to see anyone give an argument for preordering beyond - "It's my money I can do what I want"
    I mean, I'll try, I guess.

I plan to preorder because I see no reason not to. I see no reason not to because I fully intend to play it for at least a little while when it releases. I fully intend to play it because I still fairly enjoy my time with World of Warcraft, despite its downs, and regardless of whether or not the upcoming expansion is going to be a down, I desire the experience. I enjoy WoW and desire the experience because <nebulous, irrelevant personal reasons you don't care about>.

I, myself, don't misunderstand the perspective you've presented on the matter of not preordering an uncertain product, and I don't disagree with it. I personally just don't share it, because the uncertainty doesn't really matter to me. Good or bad, I'm going to make my own hands-on judgment on it, so I don't really see it mattering when the money changes hands. If the general consensus years later is that it's bad, and I didn't buy the expansion, I'm not the type of person who's going to wipe his brow and say "Phew, dodged a bullet there." because I don't care about the general consensus, I care about my own experience with a game I have a history of (both good and bad) personal experiences with.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Why would you buy anything that will be released in many many months.
    It's not like you lose any benefits if you buy later.
    same reason some people buy soap water from twitch thots.

society of west is going straight into extincion direction . whats why

exackly because of behaviours like that