Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know we're post Mechagnome but that dragonform is still shockingly awful.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Maybe that's a good thing. When I started with WoW I absorbed anything about a new xpac. Every class, skill and whatever I could find. Also playing the Beta etc.

After MOP I stopped with that and tried to enjoy the cinematic and some information bits here with mmo-champ. Trying to avoid spoilers and do "too much".
    Because this killed my expectations and fun with every xpac. And so far, every xpac still got me excited and I really like to play WoW. Yes, at the end I start to visit way less, because I don't have the time for any meaningful raid or mythic with kids, wife and work flying around. Growing up sucks in that regard.
    But still, WoW is may go to game for ages now. And will be I guess, till they shut down the servers.

Just try it - maybe less is more sometimes. I really hope the xpac will be something between WotLK, cataclysm and MoP. Maybe it's time for a xpac where we don't fight the ultimate evil. Were we simply rebuild and kick some serious ass. =)

YES. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Filler expansions never bother me only the content and quality it contains. and so far its raised my eyebrow a few.
    Filler expansions are terrible when your game is hemorrhaging subscribers because its already not in a good place. For a healthy game they can be tolerated, for a game in WoW's position, they needed way more.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    What? Sahdowlands had 4 zones. Dragonflight has 4 zones + a starter zone. Has is that getting smaller?
    shadowlands is tiny as fuck (and had 5 zones if you count the maw. The new leveling zone does not count as it is not for normal players).
    worst designed world of all addons. Separated small zones.
    Compare the worlds from all addons, over time they get fewer.

i leveled in retail over the weekend, its so much different to walk through a vanilla zone. they dont feel so themeparky.
    Last edited by Genju; 2022-04-19 at 05:39 PM.

The attempts at copium by likening this in any way to MoP (which by the way was shit by WoW standards anyway so eh) is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    I dont think the vast majority of people care anything about player housing.

The class reveal is definitely enough. Assuming youre tinker squad member and are now salty?

There will be features that we havent seen yet. Bookmark this reply and @ me in a year or so.
    NO, I am over joyed there are no tinkers. Tinkers is included in that "not revealed, not happening" remark.

And I will bookmark this reply because they have never revealed new features after the initial expansion announcement. All features are reveled then,

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    What kind of furry rainbow haired transgender people designed that class LMAO
    Literally all women in the video had brightly coloured hair…

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    shadowlands is tiny as fuck. worst designed world of all addons. Separated small zones.
    Compare the worlds from all addons, over time they get fewer.

i leveled in retail over the weekend, its so much different to walk through a vanilla zone. they dont feel so themeparky.
    YOu said number of zones. They have the same number of zones and SL is by no means small. It only seems that way because they are not connected.

UI revamp and talent system revamp. Well, I''ll be.

- - - Updated - - -

patience. That comes later.

Aye just weird as they usually do so immediately plus there were datamined preorder equipment and even tiers of preorders already.

with the maw, its 5 regular zones vs 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Filler expansions are terrible when your game is hemorrhaging subscribers because its already not in a good place. For a healthy game they can be tolerated, for a game in WoW's position, they needed way more.
    The game is healthy. Ity isn't hemorraging subscribers either. They go uop when expansion hits, they go down as expansion goes on, small rises for each patch. It is a cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keyalios View Post
    Aye just weird as they usually do so immediately plus there were datamined preorder equipment and even tiers of preorders already.
    Actually they don't. With all Blizzcon annoucements, the pre-order doesn't come until release date is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniJack View Post
    I know we're post Mechagnome but that dragonform is still shockingly awful.
    If they were going to give us a dragon form why couldn't it have just been a smaller version of the existing dragons or something, like the forms the aspects have? Instead it looks like a cheap plastic action figure from some generic 80s toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    with the maw, its 5 regular zones vs 4.
    Since everyone hated the Maw, do we really count it?

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess 10.0 then 10.1 then 10.2, 10.3 cancelled, apologies and 11.0 announcement all over again.

No power systems? Are we going back to the good old Blizz from MoP? This expansion has a chance to be MoP 2.0, a perfect expansion.

Normal flying with MECHANICS, no dogshit pathfinder trash kind of filth?

This xpac is looking fucking golden. I predict 100% uptime on my sub and going back to realm first chasing like I did in MoP.
    I've not been this hyped for an xpac in a looooooooong time!

3+ Year Old Account
    The game is healthy. Ity isn't hemorraging subscribers either. They go uop when expansion hits, they go down as expansion goes on, small rises for each patch. It is a cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they don't. With all Blizzcon annoucements, the pre-order doesn't come until release date is announced.
    Pretty sure they are slowly but surely hemorrhaging subscribers but the value of each remaining subscriber has gone up to counteract the income loss (and afaik increased).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Them refining the game and getting back to the basics is kind of what i gathered from all of this.

People have been complaining about systems and ("features", which often are just systems) for so long now. They finally HIYAH them and now youre complaining that theyre gone? Come on.
    Systems aren't inherently a bad thing. Mythic+ was, and still is, a solid idea. The Great Vault was a meaningful iteration from the weekly M+ chests of BFA/Legion. Hell, some systems were potentially-decent ideas executed poorly (e.g. Torghast, due to its reward system). I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm fine with systems to some degree. IMO, the best ones are things that have lasting potential (a bill of which some announced features/changes fit), but there was no "holy crap" out-of-left-field moment that also fits the "Will last beyond 10.x" lens.

How the heck aren't Vrykul part of this expansion, but Tuskar, Gnolls and Centaur are...

also how the hell is with a 12 year old Black Dragon Whelp (magically turned into a 22 year old), able to create an entire fully grown adult race. I get that he's using Nefarion's technology and experiments... but I honestly, even with magic, can't understand how this is plausible...
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2022-04-19 at 05:48 PM.

Meh

Classic WotLK:
    - Not implementing dungeon finder is not implementing the main selling point for me. On top of that they will sell boosts. Hard pass.

Dragoland:

Good:
    - Talent tree. Looks amazing

Bad:
    - Draconic parc island looks bland so far. SL zones were much better (not a compliment).
    - The look of the new draggy race looks horrible and out of place. It looks like Spyro spitting rainbow breath on it's targets.
    - Dragon flying: why?! you had the opportunity to make the new draggy race fly ...
    - Profession: i can't trust Blizz to make them relevant again.
    - Nothing about casual / world content
    - Nothing helping alts

Entirely new race that many have been asking for.. locked to just one class. Don't care if their abilities are stripped down to the minimum. Let it play other classes.. What a waste.