Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

This presentation didnt feel like "Winning players back" one

Obviously many of people, like me, set themselves up for disappointment, but given the declining trend of last years, we could have honestly expect some extra efforts on Blizzard side when it comes to 10.0 expansion.

In the beginning of the presentation Ion said something about Blizzard listening to feedback and new focus on freedom of gameplay for the players, but NOTHING in the following presentation hinted at what exactly he ment (except for wider talent tree and profession contracts).

I expected to hear anything: player housing for those who mostly wants to build a home on the Azeroth? timewalking+? freedom of choosing the loot via PvE and PvP currency vendors? character cosmetics progression? Abilities to play with no restrictive systems?

None of that was mentioned, and we got nothing on will there be those systems or not, except for Ion's "of course there will be new systems", that got literally zero cover. This smells fishy as hell.

Also the whole reveal gave MASSIVE Shadowlands vibes.
    Like, if to remove all the mess, the only hyping up things are Talent Revamp and Profession Revamp.

The rest (generic looking new zones, no glimpses of dungeons and raid, barely outlined story, race/class that looks meh, dragonriding that looks like purely show off feature) is a given thing.

I totally expected 10.0 to be Legion'ed, and instead was left with the bland and cheap taste of Shadowlands in the mouth.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2022-04-19 at 06:05 PM.

What I dont like is they didnt add a new over-arching system. Yes talent revamp is great, but the game needs a new over-arching system that continues into new expansions afterwards and further develops the entire gameplay.

There wasnt that much to show as it seems they are far from an alpha as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Yes talent revamp is great, but the game needs a new over-arching system that continues into new expansions afterwards and further develops the entire gameplay.
    Because those systems have been such a massive success in BfA/SL.... /s

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    None of that was mentioned, and we got nothing on will there be those systems or not, except for Ion's "of course there will be new systems", that got literally zero cover. This smells fishy as hell.
    No what he actually said was that they are not doing systems like that that get left behind anymore and went on to say and I quote:

"so this time around what we're doing is pouring all our energy into permanent revamps overhauls and improvements into wow's core systems... We want to take a look at our talent systems, our UI and our professions. "

What is missing are new things to do in game like you mentioned:

"player housing for those who mostly wants to build a home on the Azeroth? timewalking+? freedom of choosing the loot via PvE and PvP currency vendors? character cosmetics progression?"

Ideas like that.

But nothing.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

GW2 style momentum based flying could be really fun, but it can't carry an expansion that lacks content (just 4 questing zones and they are short compared to MoP zone questlines, and there is hardly any endgame questing content like reputation storylines).

10+ Year Old Account
    In my book, it's already won me from Shadowlands.. Which is piss easy.. At the current, it looks to rank higher than SL for me, and a little above WoD, not higher than TBC.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

IDK, the lack of a pain in the ass power system is enough for me.

I like the simple approach.

new class, new permanent systems adjustments, talent trees back. I think this is the kind of expansion I wanted after the system-full nonsense from Shadowlands

If the following quote is true then its already better than BFA and SL:

"so this time around what we're doing is pouring all our energy into permanent revamps overhauls and improvements into wow's core systems... We want to take a look at our talent systems, our UI and our professions. "

Personally i hope they put ALL timewalking dungeons & raids as regular mythic options, at least for fun if not for uber gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was a presentation begging people to come back, every major 'system' they announced today was a pain point of the community that people have been banging on about for several expansions now and they are trying desperately to alter and change them now, years later when most people who cared have long since left and likely won't be back.

I don't think a presentation will win players back at this point. And I think they know that. The only thing that will, will in fact be the game being fun and showing a genuine change in direction for the game. Which really won't be able to be demonstrated until the beta/alpha are live and people can engage with it. I know right now that all they really have that is intriguing me is the talent system. That's not enough to justify buying the expansion. At least in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Obviously many of people, like me, set themselves up for disappointment, but given the declining trend of last years, we could have honestly expect some extra efforts on Blizzard side when it comes to 10.0 expansion.

In the beginning of the presentation Ion said something about Blizzard listening to feedback and new focus on freedom of gameplay for the players, but NOTHING in the following presentation hinted at what exactly he ment (except for wider talent tree and profession contracts).

I expected to hear anything: player housing for those who mostly wants to build a home on the Azeroth? timewalking+? freedom of choosing the loot via PvE and PvP currency vendors? character cosmetics progression? Abilities to play with no restrictive systems?

Also the whole reveal gave MASSIVE Shadowlands vibes.
    Like, if to remove all the mess, the only hyping up things are Talent Revamp and Profession Revamp.

The rest (generic looking new zones, no glimpses of dungeons and raid, barely outlined story, race/class that looks meh, dragonriding that looks like purely show off feature) is a given thing.

I totally expected 10.0 to be Legion'ed, and instead was left with the bland and cheap taste of Shadowlands in the mouth.
    I think they could have presented the expansion and it's features in a more exciting way to be ho nest.

I din't feel celar about anything.

new race - coudl have gone a bit deeper into the customisations especially in humanoid form - I don't even know if you can fight in either form or like worgen you have to be in Drakonid form for combat.

I din't get told how goining to the dragon isles relates to anything I have been doing or why/how it is important

The new talent system looks pretty cool, but I didn't get any real feel for how it would work out, no new highlight focused abilities.

what is going to replace things like renown/covenants etc for end game advancements? the talent tree? or something else?

I wasn't sold.

I'm actually cautiously optimistic towards what I've heard so far.

No overarching expansion-specific power system

Flying from the start.

The talent and profession system overhauls sound pretty nice

Long-needed UI overhaul.

New zones look great.

New spellcaster for the first time since the game launched in 2004.

And of course we'll see plenty of new dungeons and raids, like usual.

It all feels very much like the unbloated, "let expansions be expansions" expansion I've personally wanted in a long time. Just overall game improvements and new content instead of random, overwrought, bullshit systems to define the entirety of the expansion.

I've also stopped really caring about the game's lore a long time ago, but hey, dragons are pretty cool, so we'll see how this goes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A talent revamp is great but does it make an expansion, heck no! It's what you do while using the talents.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

honestly I hope the game dies out and all these trash game devs they got working on it get fired and have trouble finding work after destroying such a profitable and successful game. This is what happens when you start getting people who have no genuine interest in something like this and let them take creative control, just one huge dumpster fire.

Well, when i read the Dragonflight "leak" i knew that the real deal could never be that good and would therefore be disappointing.

I still hoped, but we have to come to terms with reality. This is as much as we can expect from Blizzard these days. It's giving me a SWTOR expansion vibe where each expansion seems to get smaller and smaller.
    Hey, at least we got a new class even though it looks completely derpy.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-04-19 at 06:40 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is an "apology expansion", so all the moaning here really kind of proves some people will literally never be happy.

Key things they did:

1) Brought back talent trees so people could finally stop complaining.

2) No inter-character drama so people could finally stop complaining.

3) Upbeat not depressing setting so people could finally stop complaining.

4) Flight from very early on (day 1?) so people could finally stop complaining.

5) Professions made relevant/modern so people could finally stop complaining.

6) No world-ending drama so people could finally stop complaining.

7) New class so people could finally stop complaining.

8) NO BORROWED POWER SYSTEM SO WE ALL COULD FINALLY STOP COMPLAINING!!! Sorry for caps but jesus how are people skipping over that? Are you just silently assuming it's there? It's not.

There's a bunch of other stuff as well, but this expansion is basically:

"That thing you were complaining about for multiple expansions? We changed it/fixed it!".

Of course now you're complaining that they did that. There's a post above this moaning about the lack of a borrowed power system even. Also love the post calling them "trash devs" and hoping personal harm befalls them (CLASSY AND TOTALLY REASONABLE LOL), when this expansion is entirely focused on fixing problems and answering what people wanted. Yeah that's real trashy, actually listening to players! God we wouldn't want that!
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Obviously there are are groups of players asking for everything one can think of, so some of them would be dissapointed no matter what, some wanted tinkers, some wanted necros, some wanted 4th specs and so on... no matter what they did they couldn't please them all

BUT they mostly DID listen to feedback- people wanted to go back to a more classic style expansion, to explore azeroth and chill with the imminent world ending threat narrative- and they did- back to azeroth and with a very special mount to make our exploration feel special, no asshole threatens to end the world either

players have been saying that the faction divide no longers makes sense, we fought side by side for ages- delivered again

almost everyone agrees that a new class is a key component of a good expansion- check here too and this time with only ranged dps and heal +mail, which is once again what people were asking for, bonus for being spot on thematically and looks fairly unique as well (and a new neutral race on top)

players said enough with borrowed power, it was kinda cool in legion and sucked ever since- so there we are, no more azerite, talent + ui revamp instead

it won be back.
    i am just upset my laptop is broken.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Feels like we're paying $50 for them to fix something they broke, instead of delivering new and interesting features on top of fixing the game.