Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    This is about the cgi trailer
    Oh. The specific trailer itself?

I mean none of those are ever truly insanely impactful other than setting up the general idea.

It felt more like a Vanilla WoW trailer of just showing THINGS rather than a Wrath or Cata trailer showing specific villains, and that's totally okay. It's just a CGI thing like... Panda land still gives me goosebumps despite it not showing much either.

everthing was underwhelming and cringe
    bad, bad, bad presentation

It was definitely a bit underwhelming for me, simply because it comes across as a more light hearted vibe, which was something I also disliked about Pandaria. But then I am one of the seemingly few that actually liked Shadowlands, at least the first patch anyway, so my tastes are clearly not the majority. I also have no interest in professions or flying so none of that matters to me, and the things I would care about like cross faction appear too limited so far, same with the talent trees that still require a chosen spec. And while I acknowledge that it is still extremely early, I would have liked some mention of addressing some old gripes, such as the massive gear gaps in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think that stoneboi was too drawn out, but turning the lightbulb on and subsequent spam of dragons was cool.

Also I would not mind this being a more light and vibrant adventure, had enough of Doom and gloom for a time being. That we will have plenty ahead again.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's intentionally "dull" because they're trying to avoid:

1) Inter-character drama, because y'all fucking HATE it and do nothing but complain about it.

and

2) World-ending threats, because they've done them to death.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    They've forgotten the word "epic"
    I guess the issue is that they had nothing really cool to show. There is no storyline in there.

The animation is incredible compared to those older 'teasers' they'd release when there was a new raid or dungeon. There is no story in this one, there is nothing they believe that players will be very excited about, there's no direction, and it feels clear that they don't know where the story is going. Comparing to the MoP reveal, they had something hidden they didn't want to show... This one was barren, devoid of anything interesting... but, hey, look: pretty colours and dragons flying very happily! /o\

Not gonna lie, this was a rare whiff from the cinematics team. That things was boring as hell to watch.

Honestly, I thought, being the 10.0, it would have went more back to basics. It didn't look like warcraft to me. Where were the warlocks with infernals, and mages sheeping things? Murlocks? The war? We are going to Dragon Isles, but why? Fan service? Who's the big bad? Even the little bad? Just don't relate much. Probably more a "me" problem...

I skipped MoP because the trailer looked not thrilling at all, but playing through it later it felt like really good world building instead of cheap climaxes. This gives me the same vibes, i'm not stoked but hopeful.

They showed two trailers. One of them caused goosebumps, even after 14 years - and it was not the dragonflight trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It's intentionally "dull" because they're trying to avoid:

1) Inter-character drama, because y'all fucking HATE it and do nothing but complain about it.

and

2) World-ending threats, because they've done them to death.
    IMO the real problem is Wow's storyline has been exhausted. The major behind the scenes villains have all been killed, we've had countless secret and unknown islands pop up... let's face it, the game is old as hell. Blizz is kind of going the Simpsons route where they are trying to squeeze as much profit out of this as possible and the novelty of WoW has grown quite stale because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Yeah, but they did not talk about what they replace them with. I do not believe they simply remove world quests. Do they get back to BFA stylish world quests which give direct loot? More something like MOP dailies?
    The one key thing that was nice to hear (if I heard it correctly) was that they were looking to go away from borrowed power. I think that's a great idea. It's extremely underwhelming to put a bunch of work in towards in-game progression, just to see it become worthless or removed outright in the next XPac. ie. Garrisons, legendary weapon, etc.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Vague yes but one of the better cinematics.

I think it's okay. It does set up the story a little in the sense that we now know the Dragon Isles have "awoken" for some reason. I think Stone Bro is irrelevant but the fact that we see what I assume to be Tyr sitting at the top of that temple/shrine thing leads me to believe he'll be revived and play a part somehow.

It certainly lacks the "epic" feeling of previous trailers, no crazy battle or key characters (other than the dragons I guess) but it looks nice. I'd rate it a solid 6/10 but definitely one of the weaker ones for WoW expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Still better than the SL cinematic.
    I very much agree. I am so glad we are done with the SL theme (minus ZM).
    The trailor of SL showed mr. proper satan and the other covenants. And I was at every shot like "oh god, whos this? oh no, whos this?"
    Even though the DF cinematic was less attention grabbing it was much more atmospheric and at least had some kind of "plot" in there.
    Unless SL... look... there is sylvanas doing sylvanas things... and we won't tell you what it issssssssssss
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluren View Post
    Maybe it's because we already knew what it was, but I feel the trailer was VERY underwhelming. Barely any story behind it, characters we already knew were coming back, no villain, nothing... just 5 minutes of preparation to introduce Alexstrasza and the others.

I'm not talking about the xpac itself, just the trailer specifically btw.
    I dont even understand how you can feel like this. Go back and watch every exp reveal cinematic and compare it to this one. This is the most wellmade detailed cinematic they have ever done, look at all the little cracks, the artwork and enviroment put into this.
    No reveal have had more story, LK was a scourge and a dragon flying around with LK father talking, MOP was Deathwing destroying the world, MOP was a panda talking.
    I think you compare it to blizzcon reveal where there is a panel etc

The cinematic was the best one they have ever done and the artwork is STUNNING and i cannot even imagen how long this have taken the entire team with pandemic in the middle of everything
    Well done blizzard!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    On the other hand, if upcoming renown implementations only gives cosmetic rewards, how many players will simply stop playing world content?
    I'd be 100% OK with that. Renown is the reason I play Classic. On Classic, my raid main is geared and I only play them when I log into to raid, or someone needs my help, or if there's something I feel like doing on that toon. Otherwise, in Classic, when I log on the game, I look at my character screen and decide which character would be the most fun to play, and I play that character. When I'm logging into Retail I have to think, "which of my characters are behind on their chores", mandating that I have to play that character to do their chores, then realize all of my characters are behind. Then it hits me that I'll never catch up on more than 1, maybe 2 of them if I'm playing a lot. And that gets old fast and drives me to unsub.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

It has no tension, because it focuses 100% on the world building. It's beautiful, makes me want to explore the land, but has no thrill to it. It does feel like they want to start fresh with the story - but starting fresh means no characters we can relate to and no tangible threat.

The expansion looks like a bad fanfiction. And the new race looks stupidly bad and has a horrible name. Who thought bipedal dragons reusing the worgen skeleton and demon hunter wings was a good idea? Even the textures look outdated and the human forms look stupid.

On top of that it all looks lackluster. 4 zones and a raid? (meaning 1 raid) That's it? What a joke. Content drought right on release.

The premise of the expansion is quite good. Back to explorers, back to azeroth, dragons as a focus, customize your own dragon mount. That all sounds good. But the execution looks just like a poor ripoff quality.

And who were all these people presentating? I hardly knew anyone. Seems Blizzard is truly dead and a bunch of nobodies are running the corporate shell in name only.

The Trailer felt kinda meh to me (lile the whole dragon thing).
    Maybe it will grow on me when we see more footage, cant tell yet.

The obly interresting thing in there i thought about is about the other stone dudes.
    Why are they destroyed? Maybe erosion, but they seem to habe their heads cut in half (edpecially the one on the throne - tyr maybe?)

Also why they've not been effected by the curse of flesh like the other titan servants (that one could alao just be me not knowing enough about that part of the lore)