View Poll Results: How do you feel about Dragonflight now?

Voters
314. This poll is closed
  • Hyped

118 37.58%
  • Indifferent

117 37.26%
  • Depressed

79 25.16%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hyped! I love Dragons. And the Screenshots of the Dragon Isles look fantastic.

On the technical/feature side it looks promising.

In terms of art/story (or rather the lack thereof) it's the most uninteresting expansion I've ever seen. Looks like they took the criticism of Shadowlands to heart and just completely gave up on having a narrative. The new race/class looks extremely goofy (it's basically a recycled version of the female worgen model) and just seems off in terms of its aesthetics. Very cartoonish and a disgusting colour palette. I don't get why people still praise the art team.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its missing something. It started good with the new races & class combo, but for 10.0 I was expecting a big-ass revamp of wow world and many changes in core mechanism of the game to give it a new fresh breath.

Its possible that the thing its missing, for me, is the story beats, what will be our points and goals to be in Dragon Isles...
    Will see. So far, this feels like an xpac setuping up other things

Extremely hyped, never been so excited by a class announcement before, it just ticks so many boxes for me

Posted this in another thread, thought it may be appropriate here as well - Ground

On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 = Dog crap and 5 = Awesome, here is how I would rate how excited I am for the new announcements in Dragonflight:

Profession Revamp: 2/5
    New Race-New Class: 1/5
    Dragon Riding: 2/5
    Talent System Revamp: 5/5
    Theme of The Expansion: 4/5
    UI Revamp: 3/5
    New Zones: 3/5
    Tier Set Theme/Art: 3/5

Overall: 3/5

We will see what's to come that could move my current rating up or down, but after today that is where I am at.

Side Note: Things I am wanting to be announced that would influence my current rating in a positive direction -

1. All systems are account wide
    2. All reputation is account wide
    3. Revamps (not overhauls) to current classes
    4. Legendary items that are not distributed like a candy parade

*Will edit as needed with additions thought of later on

- Ground

The best way that I can summarise how i feel is that I feel nothing negative. Though I’m a little sad that some features I want haven’t been announced (yet), the content that has been announced looks sound. Not like how I’ve felt with content in the last few xpacs.

I await more information; So far I can’t complain and my hype is moderate. I normally have at least a few things to moan about.

I really wanted to see something on making the game more account wide, I am desperate. I hope it’s still to come down the line as a QOL feature but I’m doubtful at this point. I hope that as part of their effort to polish the game they continue to fix older content too; because so much of it is clunky or busted to do.

I am about a 6.5/10 for hype right now, I enjoy the theme, the lack of new covenants of a sort and the talent revamp. I am intrigued by the evoker but need to see more.

I don’t see my score going down, but it could definitely go up with more information. We still know very little.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-04-19 at 07:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda meh. New talents look dumb. They were dropped because they were boring and it's more interesting to swap for meaningful choices instead of my Ghoul hitting 1% harder/faster x 5. Also swapping Talents before Arena matches will be interesting, it doesn't appeal to me there.

New race/class is ehhh, I don't really know what to think. Playing as a Dragon is questionable to me, it would make more sense if the Dragon form was like a Metamorphosis kind of thing where you're mainly a human form and having all races have the choice would be cool. I'll try it after I delete something (50 character cap QQ).

Zones looks okay, but I really hated Shadowlands linear levelling. I honestly feel it's some of the worst in the entire game. I like being able to chose where I go, something I loved about Warlords, not being dragged around each zone because it's part of the story. So from that POV levelling will be pretty average.

I don't care even slightly for dragonriding. I'm either trying to get somewhere quick or between World Quests/Dailies looking for ore/herbs/treasures. It looks cool from the trailer, but not from a World of Warcraft pov, as if it doesn't belong.

Who knows, I could and expect I probably will be proven wrong and play the game a lot like I have every other expansion. I'm just not sold on the Dragon Riding/Dragon Playing. For me I need to see Dungeons and Raids and some of those Tier concepts in game, because the Zereth Mortis ones looked great concept wise but not so much in game for the most part.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

When 2/4. of the big selling points of the expansion are the ability to rearrange the UI like addons have been doing for over a decade and fly in a slightly more satisfying way I feel like it's some cause for concern. The talent tree rework looks nice but realistically that'll just get simmed out anyways. The new race is ugly imo but the class itself might be cool. Dunno, gets a pretty big "meh" from me so far. It also looks far more early than any other expansions announcement. Sepulcher of the first ones might try to beat that 14 month record at this point

10+ Year Old Account
    It felt a bit barebones, I'm not gonna lie.

I'm excited for:
    - New zones to explore (as always) and being back on Azeroth.
    - New dungeons and story to experience. Hoping their writing is actually good this time.
    - Talent trees making a return.

Not super stoked about:
    - The new race. It looks goofy and lacks a lot of the Blizzard polish. I also don't like that their humanoid form is limited to Blood Elf Males and Human Females. How cool would it be if we could have these new customization options available to all of the races? Why just these two? It feels kind of lazy. And how come the actual new part, their draconic form, can't even wear armor?!
    - The new class being Evoker and it being limited to only the new race. I would be more okay with this if, as stated above, they had the ability to transform into more races than just Blood Elf Males and Human Females.
    - New HUD. I thought it looked more like a downgrade (based on the little we saw, anyway), but it's not really a big deal as I'll be using ElvUI anyway.

And I'm on the fence about:
    - Profession revamps. I don't like the idea of crafted gear coming out in varying qualities. Work orders sound great though, but I wonder how they'll incentivize them actually being used given that professions have been less and less relevant over the years. They need to do more than the features they mentioned to bring professions back in a big way.

Lastly, kind of indifferent about the Dragon Riding feature. Mount customization sounds cool but I wonder if it'll really have "millions" of different combinations as they claim on the website. I was also always in the "no flying at launch" team in the flying debate, so being able to fly right off the bat means nothing to me.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    3. Revamps (not overhauls) to current classes
    From the look of the talent system changes it seems like there will necessarily be pretty significant changes to classes. Whether that counts as a revamp or an overhaul I don't know. I guess an overhaul is stuff like where they change the mechanic? Whereas a revamp they may make big changes to skills and add/remove a lot but the core mechanic of the class remains?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Playable dragon race is super cool, more in depth talent trees HELL YEA!

It was. I personally don't like how thin the evokers look, caster or not. Can they fly with a racial? If they can fly do they take advantage of the new dragonriding system they spent so much time talking about? That'd be a massive wasted opportunity imo.

To be fair though, the enhancing spells by holding it down longer for more effects sounds like the type of thing WoW needs to be doing more across the board. Maybe a solution to "prune" abilities without actually removing them altogether?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

The cinematic felt more, well, cinematic than most earlier things we've seen. In that sense it did nit "hype" me, but it definitely made me interested.

Add to that revamped interesting flying (with customisable dragons!), reworked talent systems proper, potentially proper professions and a curious new race/class combo and yeah i am positively excited.

Maybe they'll do a TBC-style bestiary sort of thing, that'd be neat.

Also lol at all the people whining that their poorly thought out headcanon / systems did not get added, they pretty much copied my suggestions for flying and talents verbatim. ^^

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I don't like the idea of crafted gear coming out in varying qualities.
    I think the big question for me is, is it RNG, or is it essentially deterministic, or is it some of both, but one minimized? FFXIV does well with a system that's RNG technically but you can get to behave almost deterministically. It sounds like you can significantly influence the quality at least.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

more excited than I probably should be, they were very wise to figure out power systems are not *fun*.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    The concept is interesting, I like professions being revamped and evoker looks fun at least.

I do expect all of the usual gates though so not incredibly excited, but I'll give it a whirl. Not pre-ordering though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I think the big question for me is, is it RNG, or is it essentially deterministic, or is it some of both, but one minimized? FFXIV does well with a system that's RNG technically but you can get to behave almost deterministically. It sounds like you can significantly influence the quality at least.
    If you can have enough influence over it to basically get the best possible quality if your profession is maxed out and you're doing everything right, then it's considerably more okay in my books. But if there's a lot of RNG going on, then ehh...

Indifferent for me.

Need more info.

The trailer was big shit,and that amusingly gives me hope,because every single time wow has had an amazing trailer wotlk/wod/bfa the expansion was lackluster

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    From the look of the talent system changes it seems like there will necessarily be pretty significant changes to classes. Whether that counts as a revamp or an overhaul I don't know. I guess an overhaul is stuff like where they change the mechanic? Whereas a revamp they may make big changes to skills and add/remove a lot but the core mechanic of the class remains?
    Correct. Let me explain my thoughts here a bit further on the subject of class revamps. In my opinion over the years classes have become stagnant. Most classes have received little to not class design changes for several expansions. In my opinion this leads to boredom tie that in with a sub par story and a grindy system and you basically get the mass "un-subscribers" in shadowlands. I do not feel that the main concept of the classes need to be changed. For example a fury warrior does not need to have all new talents and abilities, or a affliction warlock does not have to have some new overhaul to how it functions. But perhaps the fury warrior now has a new rotation as opposed to in the past. It is still a dual wielding warrior but its new and refreshing for the players who choose to play that character. Maybe the warlock now has a new dot talent that can proc a new dot that can be applied (spit-balling here). A revamp to freshen up the classes to make them exciting again and not a overhaul to turn them into something new. - Ground