Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Question Drakthyr: Why just male elves and female humans for the visage?

First off: I love the Drakthyr, and I love the concept of Evokers. I liked the reveal all around.

My only complaint is the visages: why are female Drakthyr limited to female humans and male Drakthyr limited to male elves?

We have various examples of dragons masquerading as various races: we have Chromie, we have Ebonhorn. There's speculation that Cho, or at least one of his ancestors may have been a dragon, as his family tree in that one Horde quest has a few of his ancestors wearing Bronze Dragonflight tabards.

While I understand that applying those cosmetics to all races would've been a MASSIVE undertaking, it still would've been cool to have more choice in the matter. Perhaps just the core races at the very least.

Thoughts?

having to do additional animations for different models, probably
    same reason why DHs are only tied to 2 races or why they haven't made monks and worgens into monks yet

I agree. Missed opportunity and the game does not need elf / human race nr 26548. It reminds me warhammer / Age of Sigmar at this point.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    same reason why DHs are only tied to 2 races or why they haven't made monks and worgens into monks yet
    Goblins and worgen do have monk animations, however. You can view them on Wowhead's model viewer: they're there and they have pretty much all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I agree. Missed opportunity and the game does not need elf / human race nr 26548. It reminds me warhammer / Age of Sigmar at this point.
    At the very least, they could've made their visage... something unique rather than a reskin. Or just get rid of the visage entirely, just have them be draconian.

It amazes me that people on the forums are more woried about their disguise than their actual ability or lack thereof to wear armor in their actual real, combat form

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    It amazes me that people on the forums are more woried about their disguise than their actual ability or lack thereof to wear armor in their actual real, combat form
    The disguise is pretty much the one thing Warcraft dragons have over other dragons: the ability to disguise themselves as mortal races. Pretty much every talk about playable dragons ever has centered around that.

druids have been a thing for like.. 15 years now

Never been a fan of the male blood elf slant. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Never been a fan of the male blood elf slant. Shame.
    It's... so weird too. Like, okay, reusing assets, I get it. But you'd think their visages would be both humans or both elves and not a weird mix.

I'm baffled about this. Even worgen can transform wearing their armour with no problem.

Hide the Cape and helmet when you transform if you think they'll be a big problem, but why hide all transmog armour?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    And we're already dissatisfied. <3 the WoW community.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

maybe they change in beta

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    And we're already dissatisfied. <3 the WoW community.
    Someone didn't bother to read the post! I am very satisfied, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Someone didn't bother to read the post! I am very satisfied, thank you.
    Didn't say you hated the entire concept. Just that we're already complaining about something 2 hours after it was announced. It's par for the course.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Didn't say you hated the entire concept. Just that we're already complaining about something 2 hours after it was announced. It's par for the course.
    I can see why you think it's a complaint, honestly, but the way I see it is just pointing out an missed opportunity.

I'm still rolling a Drakthyr no matter what happens.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coram View Post
    maybe they change in beta
    50%, maybe yes, maybe not.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

If they want to make it a single race, it should have every option of other race as it's secondary form. That makes the most sense to me at least. Every race gets a new class and gets to be a dragon. There, done.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If they want to make it a single race, it should have every option of other race as it's secondary form. That makes the most sense to me at least. Every race gets a new class and gets to be a dragon. There, done.
    Yeah.

Like, honestly, I wouldn't have minded, and I'm sure a lot of others wouldn't have, if we got all races available at the expense of less visage customization. Like, maybe just horns and draconic eyes. A fair exchange for being able to disguise myself as any race.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    It would be an alternate out-of-combat form. Doesnt need new animations, or even new customizations. Chromie doesnt have dragon horns in her Gnome form.

I assume just because they are popular.

That said, the re-using of the Blood Elf model is getting a bit absurd at this point.