10+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft Dragonflight Dragon Riding, Dracthyr Race and Evoker Class

World of Warcraft Dragonflight Dragon Riding, Dracthyr Race, and Evoker Class

• Dracthyr are a humanoid dragon race created by Neltharion.
      • The only class available to this race is the new Evoker class.
      • You can choose to be on Alliance of Horde.
      • You have a lot of customization for both your Draconic form and humanoid form.
      • Customizations include scales, colors, and even multi-colored hair.
    • Evoker is the new class available to only the Dracthyr race
      • Ability to wield the magic of all five dragon flights
      • Prismatic effect visuals show all dragonflight's magics until condensing into one.
      • Wears mail armor.
      • Devastation is the ranged magical DPS spec. It focuses on Red and Blue magic.
      • Red magic is fast and explosive. (AOE)
      • Blue is more focused and overwhelming. (Single Target)
      • Preservation is the healing spec and focuses on Green and Bronze magic.
      • Green magic is typical heals.
      • Bronze magic speeds or winds up heals.
      • Empowered spells are a main part of the class, letting you hold down the button before unleashing it to power up the ability.
      • Certain abilities will let you fly around the battlefield while you cast.
    • Dragon Riding is a new flight system being added in Dragonflight.
      • This will be very unique compared to regular flying mounts.
      • You will level up this skill over time to get new animations and abilities.
      • The aim here is to shake up movement in WoW with things such as barrel rolls and speed bursts.
      • The system utilizes momentum, physics, and gravity.
      • Screen effects will indicate reaching certain speeds.
      • Players will unlock different cosmetic customizations for their dragon mount including different snouts, tails, wings, armor, spikes, and horns.

Evoker ? Lame... nothing anyone asked for. :|

At least it ain't another melee class, that were literally all that has been added since the DK.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-04-19 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    That's just highly inaccurate, playable dragon humanoids with dragon abilities have been requested since the earliest days of WoW. I honestly can't tell if you're joking, if so well done
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Well good points for Evoker Class:

1. It's not a melee class
    2. It is a range class
    3. It has a new functionality with the hold and release feature

Negatives:
    1. Limited to new race only

Suggestion
    _Every race can become an invoker - similar to DH and DK customisations, when you click on the class you will get a special features with dragon customisations.. If it's too hard, then Humans and Elves

Dracthyr:
    Good points:
    1. You have two forms - a mini dragon and a humanoid that actually looks pretty - that's a plus point, combination of monster race for those who love that and a pretty humanoid for those who prefer that
    2. It's dragon bassed - this is usally cool (although I'm not feeling it for this race)

Bad points:
    1. You can only be one class
    2. It's origin just feels boring - Neltharion makde them? I t would have been more exiciting if the races were able to be infused with dragoconic blood somehow to form this race/

Suggestion: Open up the Dracthy to other classes: At least Shaman, Mage, Priest, Hunter, warrior, rogue make sense - Druid, paladin, warlock could be added at a push.

Evoker sounds an awful lot like a Shaman with just resto and ele.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well good points for Evoker Class:

1. It's not a melee class
    2. It is a range class
    3. It has a new functionality with the hold and release feature

Negatives:
    1. Limited to new race only

Suggestion
    _Every race can become an invoker - similar to DH and DK customisations, when you click on the class you will get a special features with dragon customisations.. If it's too hard, then Humans and Elves

Dracthyr:
    Good points:
    1. You have two forms - a mini dragon and a humanoid that actually looks pretty - that's a plus point, combination of monster race for those who love that and a pretty humanoid for those who prefer that
    2. It's dragon bassed - this is usally cool (although I'm not feeling it for this race)

Bad points:
    1. You can only be one class
    2. It's origin just feels boring - Neltharion makde them? I t would have been more exiciting if the races were able to be infused with dragoconic blood somehow to form this race/

Suggestion: Open up the Dracthy to other classes: At least Shaman, Mage, Priest, Hunter, warrior, rogue make sense - Druid, paladin, warlock could be added at a push.
    Fret not. If past expansions are any indicator, Evoker class will be opened up to other races and Dracthyr will be opened up to other classes by the end of the expansion at the earliest. Right now, it's a packaged exclusive to (1) sell the fantasy of being even more secluded than the Pandaren were and (2) ensure the class/race gets played from the start. Once the novelty of the experience begins to fade, Blizzard will undoubtedly loosen the reins here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Dragonriding is frame for frame, exact copy of GW2 flying. Even that forwards roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    Fret not. If past expansions are any indicator, Evoker class will be opened up to other races and Dracthyr will be opened up to other classes by the end of the expansion at the earliest. Right now, it's a packaged exclusive to (1) sell the fantasy of being even more secluded than the Pandaren were and (2) ensure the class/race gets played from the start. Once the novelty of the experience begins to fade, Blizzard will undoubtedly loosen the reins here.
    You gave me the idea or possibility that it is this way to sell as many copies of the expansion - and then later on it will be opened up to more races and classes - probably in the plot

e.g. somewhere along the line, they need more mortals infused with draconic power to help them protect - so at some point mortals willing to switch to the evoker class can, but it also gives you draconic features like the humanoid version of the Dracthyr

This way only Dracthyr get the dragon like appearance, but only Evokers will get the humanoid dragon features too.

It would be no problem opening up Dracthyr to other classes - the excuse will now be with the mortal races back, Dracthyr are drawn to other ways of life.

They really are just completely lost. Its quite sad to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I fail to see the point of dragon riding. Also, a race created by Neltharion and there's no Black Dragonflight abilities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I fail to see the point of dragon riding.
    Soft-gated flying for the Dragon Isle. It's a better alternative to being completely grounded for a content patch or two like we have been since Warlords. They also want to use Dragon riding to show off the new flight physics they've developed that will eventually get incorporated into the current flight system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I fail to see the point of dragon riding. Also, a race created by Neltharion and there's no Black Dragonflight abilities?
    It literally has Onyxia's Deep Breath ability; seems like Black is built into the base kit. Some of the magic cycles between all five styles. Multiple quotes that it uses magic from all 5 Dragonflights, plus we've only seen like 3 abilities from each spec so far. They also said it has green Dream healing and Bronze time healing and we've only seen the green.

And we have no idea what the talent trees for either Devastation or Preservation will add to it.
    Last edited by Zankai27; 2022-04-19 at 09:20 PM.

wow, it seems the developers actually do pay attention!
    I myself asked on a few occasions, for flying to be made an actual challenge and gameplay, so that ground travel becomes a valid choice. flying was always detrimental for me, in the way that you could usually use it as autopilot and it hurt the feeling of a living world and a large world. People used to say "just don't fly then" but we all know it isn't that easy. temptation is one of the most fundamental challenges in life.
    A lot of what they have added is almost verbatim what I said in a few of my posts. Barrel rolls and aerial tricks, use of actual physics to make flight an act of skill and give a feeling of exhilaration. The various speed thresholds. I mean I'm sure other people must have thought of the same things too, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.
    Having it be something that is part of game progression too, that is excellent design, it feels more like part of the game, rather than tacked on 'quality of life' thing.
    Last edited by Triadne; 2022-04-19 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

At least it ain't another melee class, that were literally all that has been added since the DK.
    High chance that if they didn't announce a dragon class for this dragon themed expansion you would have see all the dragon fans coming out the wood screaming, as much as tinker fans did when they saw a window of opportunity for a Techno class (BFA mechagnome patch i think).

Hope to see more of Evoker, look a lot like a multiclassed Sorcerer/Red dragon disciple which is cool if done right.

Please put these in the preorder bonus! I'd love to get an early start on my new dracthyr evoker main.

The race is such a disappointment. I was really hoping for a dragonman hunter when the leaks first started and it only got worse due to the fact the dragon form seems to not use your armor (rip transmog).

Ah well, at least the rest of the expac looks decent.

The Red Dragonflight is led by the Life-Warden but isn't the one used for healing spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    Soft-gated flying for the Dragon Isle. It's a better alternative to being completely grounded for a content patch or two like we have been since Warlords. They also want to use Dragon riding to show off the new flight physics they've developed that will eventually get incorporated into the current flight system.
    Flight from day 1 is something that is making me consider playing from start.
    I have not paid or played until flight was fully available and unlocked in Legion, BfA and Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Please put these in the preorder bonus! I'd love to get an early start on my new dracthyr evoker main.
    Relax. There's no need to rush the devs.