Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While there is some new stuff like people pointed out, the majority is just hard reused assets, starting from the animals and races we saw in the clips they showed us aswell as the new class (worgen gecko). Its all the old crap with new paint.

Combined with the serious lack of a major xpac feature (no, some random weird as dragon riding gimmick does NOT count), this seems like a sad excuse for an xpac, especially considering they had / have more time to work on this, covid notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    A land left 10000 years ago by dragons. Those dragons decided to come back to reclaim their home. And we'll help them for some reason.

So yeah we are the baddies. We'll kill creatures living in these lands for 10000 years for those dragons. Dragons we owe nothing to.
    um did you forget the dragons saved our asses in cataclysm....

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    There were no baddies to be seen...

Are we the baddies?
    in b4 Blizzard writes a secret revenge plot because people got mad at them recently.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Maybe I'm just old and grumpy but I just fail to see the real excitement value in training a flying mount to do barrel rolls and tweaking the UI like I can do today via a simple addon. I mean I get it, they're nice features and all. But as part of a list of features I'm going to spend the next 12 months looking forward to? I just can't get there.
    Im right behind you. It is mind blowing to watch this reveal and come out of it excited. It was cringe for me at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    It's really disappointing that they did not introduce any novel evergreen systems: new types of endgame content, housing, etc.
    Well I am getting early production vibes from it.

I see some interesting things there to me personally.. I feel like this gliding aspect to compensate for not being able to fly. I would be willing to try that out. Also it looked like some of the new moves/abilities from the new class seem fun. So I feel like they are focusing on the gameplay aspect. Which is very important to a lot of players. So these are good things.

We might eventually hear about more new endgame content being added. I have been wanting a new big PVP map for years. (Big meaning like Ashran/Wintergrasp etc) I have been very supportive of housing. I could see this as a way to make lots of stuff relevant again and overall more for us to do at endgame. We still have a chance to have any, or all of these things being added.

I can't imagine anything I miss in the announcement.
    There will be a raid and dungeons. Sure, 4 zones is even less than SL, that's a real shame. But maybe they are bigger, maybe they are better utilized, more 3 dimensional, who knows? New race AND new class combo? Nice! I always disliked new races, since I already had characters I grew attached to. But now I don't have a reason to feel remorse that my human WL is not of a newer race, because the new race can only be one class!
    What else? Talents? Sounds super interesting. No mandatory grinding like IE or Torghast? Very promising!

And most important: Flying right from the start!

Honestly, I don't need anything more from a new expansion.

So many people getting angry at OP and listing other things that were revealed. Like there will be dungeons , tier sets, a capital etc like they are ground breaking things. These things are a given. Take shadowlands for example, that had Torghast. What is the team working on projects like that doing? This currently feels like half of wrath or mop. Yeah they had classes, professions or race and they had double the zones. What are we going to be doing once we have done the story quests? Mythic plus, raids and..? . Nothing new even announced for pvp. Feels incredibly bare bones for an expansion that would historically been launching in 6 months. We didn’t get a 9.3 and we are probably a year away. It doesn’t bode well..

Quote Originally Posted by koltec View Post
    um did you forget the dragons saved our asses in cataclysm....
    From what ?

I don't see why people are getting so worked up over the 'lack of details', this was just an introduction/presentation to show us what the expansion is. The fact we didn't get anything on dungeons or raids for example should clue you in to the fact that there's gonna be a lot more info coming, they just didn't do everything at once. Which I honestly don't think is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't see why people are getting so worked up over the 'lack of details', this was just an introduction/presentation to show us what the expansion is. The fact we didn't get anything on dungeons or raids for example should clue you in to the fact that there's gonna be a lot more info coming, they just didn't do everything at once. Which I honestly don't think is a bad thing.
    They have plenty of time to flesh out details like they'd traditionally do during the long Blizzcon panels. My concern is the key features list feels lacking and I'm wondering where any new features are going to come from before the beta starts. For example, did they hold back some extra core features for the May livestream to get eyes on the mobile game launch? Or is that clutching at straws?

The key features list Blizzard is promoting on Twitter contains five items: New Race & Class, Talents & Professions, Dragonriding, UI Changes, New Zones/Dungeons/Raids. I get that those can be broken down into sub items but Blizzard lists them as five core items.

That list becomes four items when you consider we can already change our UI's with ElvUI. It's a welcome client feature for sure. But one of five core features? That's where I'm worried. Had they announced a couple of other features, say for example... Class Skins/Sub Classes and Player Housing then ok... maybe the list is starting to feel a bit more substantial. I can get hyped about rolling a Dark Ranger. But currently it just feels... lacking. And I hate to be a nay sayer. I'm not one of these people who takes pleasure in dumping on WoW. I just hope there's a little more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Is this the least we've ever had to go on?
    I thought about this too and honestly think it is. Although this might not be a bad thing since Warfronts, Islands, Azerite, Torghast, Maw, Covenants and most other "expansion features" of the last 5 years have been nothing but terrible. If they spend the time they used to spend on those trash systems wisely then there is hope for Dragonflight.

They could have announce thousand new systems and features but if they all shitty then what's the point? Less but better is... better. Look at bfa. We had wsrfronts and isles and how did they turn out?

They just can't win can they.

For years the forums complained that Blizzard abandoned features and didn't keep them going forward.

And they announced this expansion, and said they've heard loud and clear how players don't like that things keep being abandoned so they're looking to go long term and refresh the game.

And... Now it's being complained that there isn't new things on the first day of reveal. Before alpha even starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they said more info will come in May.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The lack of a pre-order or a release date makes it sound like the expansion is very far off, which is strange given how barebones in content will be. No complicated borrowed power system to test. Just 4 questing zones and they have a fraction of the content a MoP zone questline would have. Sounds like the WoW dev team is just abysmally mismanaged.
    They've told us what they want us to know, its as simple as that. The lack of information doesn't mean its not there. I just think for the reasons you alluded to, it's not ready yet. This event was just to reveal whats coming, that's it.

There will be dev posts along with the Alpha release date that will give us more information, in time for those invited to experience it for themselves.

This isn't going to be released this year, I think that's for certain now. And I'm okay with that, if it means we get the expansion we deserve.

Think about what we have here...

It's called the Dragon isles.
    4 standard looking WoW zones.
    New talent system
    New UI

That's it. No big bad forshadowed, no dungeons, no raid mentioned. It feels like a patch.
    Im very pleased that we didnt get some kind of convoluded AP farming shite presented. Also, theres no Soul Ass to farm either. Good.

Thats not to say they wont introduce new stuff in the coming months, cause we are far off release date. It aint coming out until 2023, probably sometime between january-april. I'd bet on february.

They announced it 6 months late and it doesn’t look like it’s had 6 months worth of work more. It was very underwhelming. I expected them to have it ready to ship in 6 months to end the suffering of shadowlands. The expansion seems good because dragons and Azeroth. But wow, they didn’t even have any talent trees or dungeons to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    They announced it 6 months late and it doesn’t look like it’s had 6 months worth of work more. It was very underwhelming. I expected them to have it ready to ship in 6 months to end the suffering of shadowlands. The expansion seems good because dragons and Azeroth. But wow, they didn’t even have any talent trees or dungeons to show.
    Why would you think after Shadowlands got hit with delay after delay from COVID that a new expansion would have even more work on it done?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    A land left 10000 years ago by dragons. Those dragons decided to come back to reclaim their home. And we'll help them for some reason.

So yeah we are the baddies. We'll kill creatures living in these lands for 10000 years for those dragons. Dragons we owe nothing to.
    maybe we will bring them "democracy " there ? and free them from oppression they have

i bet they have some form of "oil" i mean apect power we can get from killing them :0

4 standard looking WoW zones.
    Yeah... look cool but i dunno... i've got impression that these are not that original.

New talent system
    You mean new 'old' system?
    The funniest thing is that some anti-Classic people that were using this 'old talents were shit!' argument are suddenly totally fine with this...

New UI
    Most of the people already using mods so do not affect them at all.
    Hopefully it won't break most of the addons.

That's it. No big bad forshadowed, no dungeons, no raid mentioned. It feels like a patch.
    You forgot about new class/race (which did not impress me tbh), profs overhaul (i really like the idea and hope it will be implemented properly) and this new flying 'content' which will be fun probably for 1hr.
    Personally also never cared about char/mount customisations.

But yeah... i feel there is not much to see (for now) as they have to be in sooo early development atm.