10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone ever wonder what the symbol Z means, since it doesn't even appear in Cyrillic alphabet?

Apparently, it's two sevens (7), with the other seven being upside down. It's Putin's idea.

Why? Because 9th of May, it's going to be 77 years since Nazi Germany surrendered. It's an annual day of celebration in Russia. And they are ridding Ukraine of Nazis.

Yeah...
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-04-19 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Anyone ever wonder what the symbol Z means, since it doesn't even appear in Cyrillic alphabet?

Apparently, it's two sevens (7), with the other seven being upside down. It's Putin's idea.

Why? Because 9th of May, it's going to be 77 years since Nazi Germany surrendered. It's an annual day of celebration in Russia. And they are ridding Ukraine of Nazis.

Yeah...
    You sure its not that:

Maybe russa looks at their troops as a cannon fooder. (and zerg tactic in mix)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Yeah...
    Putin loves his anniversaries and shit, apparently. Like, he absolutely is obsessed with anniversaries for things. It's weird. I wonder if he celebrates his marriage anniversary with the same fervor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You sure its not that:

Maybe russa looks at their troops as a cannon fooder. (and zerg tactic in mix)
    Thats exactly whats happening. russia always treated everyone east from moscov as mere cannon fodder to fuel its warmachine. Someone already checked and there are no "Good russians" from moscov or petersburg. Only from shitty villages in sibir. This is why so many ruskies living in cities dont believe in losses. Because they cannot see them.

An image from a British tabloid (suggesting chemical weapons are the only option), but it shows why the plant is so hard to take.
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2022-04-20 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thats exactly whats happening. russia always treated everyone east from moscov as mere cannon fodder to fuel its warmachine. Someone already checked and there are no "Good russians" from moscov or petersburg. Only from shitty villages in sibir. This is why so many ruskies living in cities dont believe in losses. Because they cannot see them.
    I believe there have been reports of there being some from Kaliningrad oblast as well. And yet there have only been singular protesters, to my knowledge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Apparently separatist commander Mikhail Kyshchyk from LPR got killed. He was one of leaders of separatists. So offensive goes as expected.

Russia has given the defenders of Mariupol another deadline to surrender. They have apparently moved a large number of officials and 'journalists' there ready to announce victory but as long as AzovStal holds out it makes that difficult.

They are also still shelling parts of the city outside of AzovStal so maybe the rest isn't so cleared as claimed.

24 hours into the grand offensive and Russia has made very little progress and even lost ground in places. It's seen so little progress that I've seen some commentators wonder if it has even started yet

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia has given the defenders of Mariupol another deadline to surrender. They have apparently moved a large number of officials and 'journalists' there ready to announce victory but as long as AzovStal holds out it makes that difficult.

They are also still shelling parts of the city outside of AzovStal so maybe the rest isn't so cleared as claimed.

24 hours into the grand offensive and Russia has made very little progress and even lost ground in places. It's seen so little progress that I've seen some commentators wonder if it has even started yet
    This is a bit of a frivolous comment on my end, considering the topic and the implications, tho...

I'm really annoyed that the Azov Battalion kinda soiled the "Azov" word, because otherwise AzovStal is such a cool name for a battle that you couldn't even come up with it in fiction.

On a serious note.

If the Ukrainian government estimates are correct about the Russians having killed 21 thousand civilians in the city...I mean... I don't know how we can reintegrate Russia into the international community in my lifetime without half the Kremlin standing trial in the Hague.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-04-20 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Apparently separatist commander Mikhail Kyshchyk from LPR got killed. He was one of leaders of separatists. So offensive goes as expected.
    If by 'Separatist' you mean 'Russian backed terrorist'.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    If by 'Separatist' you mean 'Russian backed terrorist'.
    Potato potahto.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Potato potahto.
    with the rumors might be mashed Potato's now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    with the rumors might be mashed Potato's now.
    I vote on baked Potato, since we know a lot of orcs are currently extra crispy

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Russian advances look small so far, I expected worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiregenesis View Post
    Have you not left yet? you know this place may turn into a mariupol?
    No, not my place. Despite what Russian propaganda tells you, Ukrainians don't shell Donetsk city. Once in a while Russians stage a fake, shooting exactly one shell into a residential area, and then show videos of the impact claiming Ukrainians did it. For some reason they seem to prefer one specific neighborhood, majority of the fake self-shots are there. Since I don't live there and don't go there, my family and I are safe.

And if Russians lose the battle for Donbass and go into retreat again, I don't expect Ukrainians during their counter-offensive to shell Donetsk, let alone commit genocide like Russians did in Mariupol. Ukrainians didn't do that in other places they liberated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No, not my place. Despite what Russian propaganda tells you, Ukrainians don't shell Donetsk city. Once in a while Russians stage a fake, shooting exactly one shell into a residential area, and then show videos of the impact claiming Ukrainians did it. For some reason they seem to prefer one specific neighborhood, majority of the fake self-shots are there. Since I don't live there and don't go there, my family and I are safe.

And if Russians lose the battle for Donbass and go into retreat again, I don't expect Ukrainians during their counter-offensive to shell Donetsk, let alone commit genocide like Russians did in Mariupol. Ukrainians didn't do that in other places they liberated.
    Ah, so that's where all those "Ukrainians constantly shell the Republics somehow, despite our glorious advance by all means requiring that they have no means to do so" come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    I'll be this week's resident Easo.

I think there are 3 reasons we don't see them budging that much.

1. We are seeing them mounting smaller attacks in a whole bunch of places. They don't seem to be doing major pushes. Probably trying to avoid Convoy 2.0 What they likely doing are probing attacks. They are likely testing Ukrainian lines, taking what they can get and trying to find some opening they could exploit.

2. Mariupol is a problem and amphibious landings are now fully out of question. They likely have forces tied up in and around Mariupol they want to free up before pushing westward.

3. It's unclear just what is the combat effectiveness of the units they shifted from the north. Odds are a lot of those units are in no shape of any major frontline operations and they are still getting them back into shape, so they might be taking it slow with those units.

I think they are taking it slow and steady.

Maximum war crimes and take what they can get realistically.

I also doubt this May 9 deadline that's being thrown around. I have a feeling the Russians are in it for the long haul and they will keep this up as long as they possibly can.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-04-20 at 05:20 AM.

Yeah...
    Ah, the decline of evil.

NAZI-Swastika

which was a mirrored swastika:

South Africa's AWB uses 777 (allegedly showing that they are not the devil '666' - totes not Swastika):

And then the Russian Zwastika (allegedly 77):

Yeah...
    If true, the world really needs to get rid of leaders that are stuck in the cold war mindset, like Putin clearly is.

This "3 day special operation" won't be done for that retard parade in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    If true, the world really needs to get rid of leaders that are stuck in the cold war mindset, like Putin clearly is.

This "3 day special operation" won't be done for that retard parade in May.
    He will still have his stupid victory parade on that day. Just brainwash the stupified masses into thinking there was somesort of victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Russia is finally sending in Mercs.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-donbas-region

Apparently without heavy weapons or armoured vehicles though...

Russia has deployed up to 20,000 mercenaries from Syria, Libya and elsewhere in its new offensive in Ukraine’s Donbas region, sent into battle with no heavy equipment or armoured vehicles, according to a European official.