Poll: What do you think?

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I fail to see a "The race is a bad idea all around" option. I am upset by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    While I wholeheartedly agree that being vitriolic towards them is hella early (if ever warranted at all) this is if anything exactly the time bigger changes like this CAN be made. The longer the Alpha/Beta train chugs along the harder it is for Blizz to make it turn anywhere.
    Indeed, the earlier the feedback, the more valuable it is. I don't know how widespread this aversion to the Dracthyr model is (it does have something uncanny about it), but if this is indeed a dealbreaker for many people then Blizzard should be thanking the heavens that they're able to pick up on something trivial and cosmetic like this with plenty of time to make amends.

Sonic the Hedgehog comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Personally I'm digging the swolethyr

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tm_name=iossmf

It would really be great that we had 2 models for Dracthyr; all races already do, tbh it would be a great way to unlink playable models from gender choice
    This would be great as an option!

Where is the "I like those ideas but I don't think the model has to be changed"-button?

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I fail to see a "The race is a bad idea all around" option. I am upset by this.
    Agreed.

Where is the "of everything announced, the drakthyr is the worst addition" option?

How would I fix them? Remove them entirely and make Evoker a class available to multiple different races. Nobody asked for this.

Worgen but dragons. Cool.

Agreed. I'd imagine the perfected draconic soldier to be built like a tank. Or at least not look thinner than a Blood Elf. Their faces look nice but the body needs more bulk.

As for armor, I understand not being able to wear any piece of armor when shifted, it just wouldn't work on the model. But we should be able to get custom-made armor on the dragon form independent of the gear we wear.

And finally they should have more than one class. Pigeonholding them into Evoker makes them way too much of a one-trick pony. They could easily get Warrior, Shaman, Mage, Hunter, Priest and Warlock or something along those lines.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

It would really be great that we had 2 models for Dracthyr; all races already do, tbh it would be a great way to unlink playable models from gender choice
    This. Give me this.

But I have a feeling they went slim so they can reuse the Worgen animations. Quite a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    But Dracthyr is not dragons either.

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Drakonid
    You can't say that Dracthyr aren't dragons by citing a wiki article about a different race. Dracthyr, as mentioned in the deep dive of the expansion reveal, are a "new" species created by Neltharion and were presumably abandoned on the Dragon Isles. They're similar to Drakonid, yes, but they are not drakonid. Ion actually says, "they have unique abilities as literally a dragon."

Drakonid were created by Nefarion, who was not a dragon aspect.
    Dracthyr were created by Neltharion, who was a dragon aspect.
    Last edited by Darsyek; 2022-04-19 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Agreed.

Where is the "of everything announced, the drakthyr is the worst addition" option?

How would I fix them? Remove them entirely and make Evoker a class available to multiple different races. Nobody asked for this.

I would keep drakthyr as a dragonborn type race, but I do agree with spreading evoker around. Maybe make the races that can play as it have the scales and horns drakthyr visage forms have.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    This. Give me this.

But I have a feeling they went slim so they can reuse the Worgen animations. Quite a shame.
    Yeah. Although what irks me the most is their choice of just making one new playable model; like, more effort was put into making Kul Tirans and Zandalari and those were AR's.

I really wouldn't have much of an issue with the slender Dracthyr if at least we had 2 choices.

7+ Year Old Account
    The problem with drakthyr is how this crap is NOT a race, is like saying demon hunter is a new race, its a class, once again, limited. But they are shameleslly selling as new race, and trying to pretend the "race-class combo" is a feature and not something lazy

How to fix it:

1- The visage/humanoid form should be ALL races, not just a male blood elf and female human.

That was straight up retarded, we see and know dragons can turn into all mortal races, but they want to sell just the basic and generic forms like we all wanted to be Wrathion or alextraza and thats it, it spits on the dragon fantasy, is limited and lazy.

2- The dragon form should be able to use the armor of the humanoid form, just like worgens.

The dragon form, just like the demon form from DH uses a pre-detemrined asset, and its fine because is a cooldown ability, but if you are going to pass more of the time in dragon form fighting at least they should work like worgens since you are using their skeleton/animations.

Thats it, new "race" fixed , since its not a race, and its a class, being able to turn into all humanoids will fix it.

Bonus: make the Dragon form bulkyer, its too slim and skinny for a proper dragon.

The skinny model with giant wings and longer neck just feel out of place. the bulky version at least look like the drakonids we all wanted to play.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-19 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, bigger and bulkier dragon manz would be appreciated. The drakonids were a great basis, why'd they deviate so much. It's like they looked at Broodlord Lashlayer and then Maloriak, and they went with Maloriak. Just why?

Yeah. Although what irks me the most is their choice of just making one new playable model; like, more effort was put into making Kul Tirans and Zandalari and those were AR's.

I really wouldn't have much of an issue with the slender Dracthyr if at least we had 2 choices.
    THey really should've used the Male Draenei as a base for this. That's the size I'd want for this. The swole Dracthyr is perfect, and I'd totally play that.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    4. Let us equip armor in our draconic form! What's the point in adding a new race at all if the only genuinely new part—which is the dragon form—isn't able to equip any armor?
    in this image the Drakthyr seem to have some armor, https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...cReveal116.jpg
    So maybe it's on the way but they didn't have enough to show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, bigger and bulkier dragon manz would be appreciated. The drakonids were a great basis, why'd they deviate so much. It's like they looked at Broodlord Lashlayer and then Maloriak, and they went with Maloriak. Just why?
    I think it's because they wanted it to look as gender-neutral (is that the right word?) as possible since the form is shared by both genders. But I'm not sure why they didn't think to just include multiple body types instead.

If I were to put on my tinfoil hat for a second, I can see a reality in which this could have been some kind of meta "woke" gesture to get good PR by including a completely genderless race and showing everyone how progressive you are, but if so, they completely missed the mark. Because at their core gender issues come down to the freedom to express yourself the way you see yourself—not by being forced into the body of something that's neither male nor female (while still being forced to choose a humanoid form that is).

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, that would be sick. Petition Blizzard immediately!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidoser View Post
    in this image the Drakthyr seem to have some armor, https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...cReveal116.jpg
    So maybe it's on the way but they didn't have enough to show.
    They show them using this same armor in several other images as well, but I don't believe this is a case of actual armor that you can equip—rather, I think it's more like the "armor" worn by Demon Hunters when they enter their Metamorphosis form.

10+ Year Old Account
    They wont change shit, live with it.

The new "race" its a done deal, that dev train already departed.

Maybe, if the cry is high, and participation is low enough, they´ll give us something in a patch, like worgen (chihuahua) females.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    With recycling DH rig, why let it rotting to waste? now its available to HUMAN FEMALE! and its progress.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think it's because they wanted it to look as gender-neutral (is that the right word?) as possible since the form is shared by both genders. But I'm not sure why they didn't think to just include multiple body types instead.

If I were to put on my tinfoil hat for a second, I can see a reality in which this could have been some kind of meta "woke" gesture to get good PR by including a completely genderless race and showing everyone how progressive you are, but if so, they completely missed the mark. Because at their core gender issues come down to the freedom to express yourself the way you see yourself—not by being forced into the body of something that's neither male nor female (while still being forced to choose a humanoid form that is).
    Androgynous, maybe, for a creature that could be either sex. And sure, maybe that was the intent, but I agree that it would be way better if they just had way more options - base body types for male and female sexes, and options for bulkier or slender builds.