Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Blizzard also literally said that dracthyrs were the result of hybridization between humans and dragons.

"We wanted to let you play a dragon, not a big dragon, but a draconid humanoid. So, the dracthyr, created by Neltharion...."
    You realize that still makes them dragons correct?

From Ion:

"Once we really got excited about the idea of chasing a customizable full player race that delivered the fantasy of being a dragon, being a descendant of the dragons in Azeroth, well, then the natural next question was: what classes can they be or should they be? Pretty rapidly, we realized that none of our existing classes was exactly the right fit. The fantasy of being a dragon— they call down powers that are different than what mages or warriors or any of our known classes do. And of course, by their nature, they have these unique physical gifts, like literal wings and claws, the ability to unleash breath weapons…An elf is never going to be able to literally take flight and do a soaring deep breath over their enemies. Only a Drakthyr can do that."
    https://www.ign.com/articles/play-dr...t-dragonflight

Also pretty much everyone calls their non-human form "Dragon Form".
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-19 at 08:51 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

From Ion:
    So fake iPhone is still iPhone? even if it has 0% parts of real iPhone inside, and only looks like one. Well, the Deathwing failure did good job.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    So fake iPhone is still iPhone? even if it has 0% parts of real iPhone inside, and only looks like one. Well, the Deathwing failure did good job.
    They have draconic abilities, including the dragon's abilities from HotS. They also have the powers of the five dragonflights, and the developers confirmed that they are in fact dragons.

They're a new type of dragon, simple as that.

I came to give my congratulations, OP got his dragonborn...

Instead I find ya'll STILL fighting!?!

5+ Year Old Account
    They have draconic abilities, including the dragon's abilities from HotS. They also have the powers of the five dragonflights, and the developers confirmed that they are in fact dragons.

They're a new type of dragon, simple as that.
    Fake iPhone has a camera, and its still a Phone, your point? They're a new type of dragon, fake dragons, simple as that.

Not real dragons TM
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-19 at 09:13 PM.
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

From Ion:

https://www.ign.com/articles/play-dr...t-dragonflight

Also pretty much everyone calls their non-human form "Dragon Form".
    We're not dragons.

Drakthyr delivers on the fantasy of being a dragon, but it's not a dragon. We're literally creations of Neltharion hybridizing human(oid) and dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post

Thank you. I’m very pleased with the expansion reveal and the new class.

Don’t worry, I’m done fighting. I’m going to enjoy talking about the new dragon class.

I'm quite happy with how things played out! I wanted dragonborne with a humanoid dragon instead of full dragon anyways, but definitely one that came with a class. I like that they are actual dragons though and not transformed mortals like how drakonid work.

Teriz gets his win at last! Still rooting for Tinker, and congrats on how close your dream class was to the actual design!

Also, I 100% believe at some point in time the Blizzard devs stumbled across this post and discussed it. Some of the ideas are exact now that I look at them all!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Teriz gets his win at last! Still rooting for Tinker, and congrats on how close your dream class was to the actual design!
    His dream? my ass, now read this :
    I’m happy that the new class was actually a dragon class and not some mage clone or a dragonsworn. Well done Blizzard. Wish you gave it two specs, but I’ll take a new class over no new class. Especially one that I (mostly) asked for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    His dream? my ass, now read this :
    One of my dreams was a dragon class based on the dragons of HotS. I got what I wanted.

Without a doubt, I would still love to see a Tinker class though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    We're not dragons.

Drakthyr delivers on the fantasy of being a dragon, but it's not a dragon. We're literally creations of Neltharion hybridizing human(oid) and dragon.
    Imagine if we got this instead of the Dracthyr. Would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Imagine if we got this instead of the Dracthyr. Would be nice.
    I agree, but obviously WoW's engine couldn't handle a dragon character of decent size, so they went with a dragon character of humanoid shape and size.

It's understandable.

Beyond that, the Dracthyr Envoker is VERY close to this concept, so I am very pleased.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-20 at 12:32 AM.

I agree, but obviously WoW's engine couldn't handle a dragon character of decent size, so they went with a dragon character of humanoid shape and size.

It's understandable.

Beyond that, the Dracthyr Envoker is VERY close to this concept, so I am very pleased.
    Yeah, I have to say representing the Heroes of the Syorm style caster fantasy is key, even if they decided to swap bronze and red roles to do so.

Cautiously optimistic, but we will see how things develop. Hopefully we get Worgen level of reassessment and reiterating through feedback.

Well Teriz, just popped in here to say congrats, you more or less got a similar concept! We eating good today!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Well Teriz, just popped in here to say congrats, you more or less got a similar concept! We eating good today!
    Thank you! Hopefully with speculation season over, we can have less intense debates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Yeah, I have to say representing the Heroes of the Syorm style caster fantasy is key, even if they decided to swap bronze and red roles to do so.

Cautiously optimistic, but we will see how things develop. Hopefully we get Worgen level of reassessment and reiterating through feedback.
    I think we will. The devs seemed very adamant about customization of the dragon and human form. I can't imagine they'd leave body size out of that design plan.

The human woman elf dude non dragon form seems like a ginormous swing and miss, I do hope they iterate on that.

Also clarify if the dragon form can actually wear and mog armor (has a tier set, so probably?) and weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    The human woman elf dude non dragon form seems like a ginormous swing and miss, I do hope they iterate on that.

Also clarify if the dragon form can actually wear and mog armor (has a tier set, so probably?) and weapons.
    Your weapons will be visible in Visage form. In Dragon form, nada. They're going to be stat sticks just like in the Druid class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post

Also, I 100% believe at some point in time the Blizzard devs stumbled across this post and discussed it. Some of the ideas are exact now that I look at them all!
    Hey I'm fine with that. My goal with this was to give Blizzard some ideas for a Dragon class, and I hoped they used them.

10+ Year Old Account
    FUS RO DAH!

I have no idea why there is a "debate" about the status of Dracthyr as Dragonoids. Sheesh, Corrin from Fire Emblem Fates got used to it after transforming for the first time no problem. Same idea here but more...obvious?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post

That's because we got the "we have dragonborn at home" edition.