Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Albertillo View Post
    Maybe it's a silly question, but you don't enable the action bars to be seen all the time?
    Not at all, actionbars are hidden and I only show some spells that are on cooldown through weakuaras.
    The less clutter there is on my screen the better.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Recently returned to classic, an old favorite making a return. Based on one of Hularis layouts.
    Unsure about raid frames, party frames grow up from above ToT.
    Looks good! Still rock the same layout myself on classic. I'm using the OG zork_UI that someone fixed for BCC. Ignore the Actionbars, I've re-done my keybindings so it is like attempting to re-learn how to play the game.

What font and texture are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulari View Post
    Looks good! Still rock the same layout myself on classic. I'm using the OG zork_UI that someone fixed for BCC. Ignore the Actionbars, I've re-done my keybindings so it is like attempting to re-learn how to play the game.

What font and texture are you using?]
    Wish I had the mental acuity to redo my bindings, some of them are crazy inefficient..

Texture is HalF throughout.
    Gothic Narrow Black for the unitframes and nameplates. Helvetica Bold for the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is everyone using for their unit frames these days? I remember using Shadowed Unit Frames a ton in the Cata & MOP era, but it looks like Elv UI has taken over.

I'm returning to the game, and always adored farting around with UI mods, especially more graphical/transformative things, like these. Seems like a lot has changed since I last played seriously.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Same, used stuF a lot, but honestly I think people went to Elvui just because all in one package, and customizable. Then anyone still playing either just run default UI or WA everything... we can only hope that the new expansion gets people playing again, which makes people most likely create/update addons

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    Wish I had the mental acuity to redo my bindings, some of them are crazy inefficient..

Texture is HalF throughout.
    Gothic Narrow Black for the unitframes and nameplates. Helvetica Bold for the rest.
    Any chance you can share the texture ? Looking really good

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    What is everyone using for their unit frames these days? I remember using Shadowed Unit Frames a ton in the Cata & MOP era, but it looks like Elv UI has taken over.

I'm returning to the game, and always adored farting around with UI mods, especially more graphical/transformative things, like these. Seems like a lot has changed since I last played seriously.
    I still use oUF and design my own layout/addons. I like not to rely on other people to do something that doesn't really need and entire suite of addons for basic cosmetic/reorganinzing/tracking needs i have. TukUI/ElvUI were born exactly as oUF layouts and then expanded into what they are today (if you dig inside the addon you will see its oUF running behind).

I'm not saying "it was better before". Just now everyone uses the same thing and changing fonts/placements is not making a different UI.

It's "annoying" to have to deal with addons breaking when it's stuff you made yourself. But honestly in all the years i made my addons, most of the LUA errors i got where either Blizzard changing something on their side or other addons not doing things the right way.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohagi View Post
    What addon is this on your bottom right corner? Looks like XIV Databar but when I check on Curse there's no more updates since BFA.

https://toxiui.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    that quote is from page 1.
    fast forward 13 years and that image is still hosted on photobucket
    Doesn't look so bad for a 13 year old UI imo

___

Excuse the pixellation, it's a still from a video. Here's me rn:

Last edited by Evolixe; 2022-05-29 at 12:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Red face

old post /10char
    Last edited by shade3891; 2022-06-15 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Not completely done but it plays fine so far. Been away for some time but now playing very casually slowly building my UI.
    I still need to fix the castbar and do the party/raid frames.

Addons used: Weakauras, Bartender, Sexymap, Prat, Masque, Plater and Skada

Short 4K video:

Youtube video link
    cant see your video is private
    Last edited by Silvereyes1372; 2022-06-06 at 03:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereyes1372 View Post
    cant see your video is private
    Oops , should be okay now.

it's Always nice to see your work ,cheers and ty for showing us <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Here's mine

Nice...
    mind sharing...
    do you have any shots of the group frames?

15+ Year Old Account
    Share time

Download (my WTF/FONT/INTERFACE folders)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/faj2vn0cyu8ps0o/SHADE3891_UI.zip/file
    You can take it apart or whatever Also contains all artwork, feel free to use for your personal projects.

combat:

nocombat:

combat with partyframes

Video (So you can actually see some animations =) )

4K version is still rendering on the Youtube server, so if you want to see it in 4K you might need to wait a bit till that is done.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2022-06-15 at 07:26 PM.

Share time
    Definitely not bad looking, keep up the good work.

Now time to nitpick, lol. I think there was an oversight in your design. You have a really graphical interface but then you look at the action buttons / auras and they're borderless and do not fit in imo. I also kind of feel that the party frames should be positioned above the main bar art instead of far off in top left field. All in all though like I said, good work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyraxe View Post
    Definitely not bad looking, keep up the good work.

Now time to nitpick, lol. I think there was an oversight in your design. You have a really graphical interface but then you look at the action buttons / auras and they're borderless and do not fit in imo. I also kind of feel that the party frames should be positioned above the main bar art instead of far off in top left field. All in all though like I said, good work.
    Your right about the buttons and auras, I still need to work on those. But for now could not find a right balance between graphic and keeping the interface clear and uncluttered. So I ended up not skinning them. But designing the interface is halve the game for me, so probably those buttons and aura's will soon be skinned.

When I play a healer I move the partyframes above the mainbar. But since Shadowlands I only played as DPS classes I want them out of the way and only have them to get a glimpse of their current debuffs and health.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2022-06-16 at 04:51 PM.

Share time

Thx for sharing <3