Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I have a thought.

Assuming there is a Switch 2 that comes in around Steamdeck level of power in 2023, would the existence of the XSS make it more likely that Switch would get all the multiplat ports? XSS is a weaker console that already has to have an SKU of any multiplat, planned and created for it. Seems like, because of the XSS, the jump to Switch would make a lot of sense for publishers looking to port their games to as many devices as possible.

So if a game is already being scaled down for XSS, would that not increase the chance they would also put the game on Switch 2? Will the XSS drag on this generation of gaming end up being a good thing for Switch 2?

Would it be easier/less time consuming to scale a game down to Switch 2 from the XSS, than form the XSX?

If you think it would not, do you believe that ANY scaling project takes the exact same amount of time, no matter the speed difference between the hardware? Like, do you not believe in the idea that if hardware specs are closer together, it potentially correlates to less time required to port the game? Is that a false assumption?
    The existence of the XSS has zero, or close to zero, effect on what stuff gets ported to Switch/2. The biggest difficulty when porting to the Switch/2 isn't downscaling assets/models for the lower tier hardware, it's porting the game to ARM. Even if the game engine has support for ARM(Not a guarantee for most AAA titles unless they're running on Unreal), the optimisations done to get the game running smoothly would most likely need to be redone as well, due to the changes from x86 to ARM.

Theoretically the Switch 2 could be running an x86 processor, but that makes no sense given how much more power efficient ARM is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I have a thought.

Assuming there is a Switch 2 that comes in around Steamdeck level of power in 2023, would the existence of the XSS make it more likely that Switch would get all the multiplat ports? XSS is a weaker console that already has to have an SKU of any multiplat, planned and created for it. Seems like, because of the XSS, the jump to Switch would make a lot of sense for publishers looking to port their games to as many devices as possible.

So if a game is already being scaled down for XSS, would that not increase the chance they would also put the game on Switch 2? Will the XSS drag on this generation of gaming end up being a good thing for Switch 2?

Would it be easier/less time consuming to scale a game down to Switch 2 from the XSS, than form the XSX?

If you think it would not, do you believe that ANY scaling project takes the exact same amount of time, no matter the speed difference between the hardware? Like, do you not believe in the idea that if hardware specs are closer together, it potentially correlates to less time required to port the game? Is that a false assumption?
    XSS has a far, far better CPU then anything the Switch 2 will have. This will be the problem, so don't get fooled when some benchmarks show the gpu close to on par with XSS, the cpu is still gonna be a potato while the XSS has a very similar CPU to what is in XSX and PS5 just paired with a way weaker gpu to run games and lower res.

So leaks suggest Gameboy and gameboy advance games will be coming to Switch Online soon. I know it's easy to be cynical but I'm excited to see what games get made available.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So leaks suggest Gameboy and gameboy advance games will be coming to Switch Online soon. I know it's easy to be cynical but I'm excited to see what games get made available.
    Another extra 30 bucks to the NSO price.

15+ Year Old Account
    The leaked list is miles better than I thought it would be, but yeah, getting my steam deck this quarter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    XSS has a far, far better CPU then anything the Switch 2 will have. This will be the problem, so don't get fooled when some benchmarks show the gpu close to on par with XSS, the cpu is still gonna be a potato while the XSS has a very similar CPU to what is in XSX and PS5 just paired with a way weaker gpu to run games and lower res.
    Not just raw power but storage is also just as important.
    RDR2 is about 100gb on the ps4 and saving the game on internal storage might be the only solution to have these kind of massive games on a Nintendo hardware, definitely not on a cartridges and I kind of hope that Nintendo goes for a SSD as well which would make games with massive sizes another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Not just raw power but storage is also just as important.
    RDR2 is about 100gb on the ps4 and saving the game on internal storage might be the only solution to have these kind of massive games on a Nintendo hardware, definitely not on a cartridges and I kind of hope that Nintendo goes for a SSD as well which would make games with massive sizes another issue.
    They'll give us 64 Gbs max and rest will be microSD expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They'll give us 64 Gbs max and rest will be microSD expansion.
    I'm reading about the 32GB cards and the cost of those are so high hence we only seen handfull of games, the cost will be even more developers start using 64gb.
    If 70 dollars is the price for PS5 using 64gb wouldn't games have to be closers to 90/100 dollars?

I reckon Nintendo would be better off using a large SSD and then installing games on the SSD. We would probably lose the ability to use a SD card but the experience would be better. Also hope that Nintendo doesn't want to make a huge profit on the console itself but that's just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by ati87; 2022-04-19 at 11:33 AM.

I'm reading about the 32GB cards and the cost of those are so high hence we only seen handfull of games, the cost will be even more developers start using 64gb.
    If 70 dollars is the price for PS5 using 64gb wouldn't games have to be closers to 90/100 dollars?

I reckon Nintendo would be better off using a large SSD and then installing games on the SSD. We would probably lose the ability to use a SD card but the experience would be better. Also hope that Nintendo doesn't want to make a huge profit on the console itself but that's just wishful thinking.
    But Nintendo is not ready to use modern sized SSDs anytime during this decade.

Monolith Software presents to you, the reverse delay. Hold their beer rest of gaming industry.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh my gooooooooooodddddddddd

July 29th instead of "September", let's fucking gooo!
    Everything else delays and Monolith finishes early... what absolute chads

I'm always glad when a developer chooses to release a game in one of the slower months instead of cramming it into the overstuffed fall.

15+ Year Old Account
    This also probably means its switching with splatoon 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    [

Oh my gooooooooooodddddddddd
    Collector edition is kinda shit. No music, just a book and case .

But combat system looks very interesting as instead of blades supporting you, now you have a soulmerge and from just basic 6 character, that is quite a lot of blade combos :P This is if other characters can merge with other 3.
    Also, the demon guy in trailer sounds like cabal from c&c (very close).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Freaking XBC3 so sweet.

If you missed 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim don’t skip it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    July 29th instead of "September", let's fucking gooo!
    Everything else delays and Monolith finishes early... what absolute chads
    Or it's just the Scotty Principle.

Call it the Scotty Principle, call it "Underpromise and Overdeliver," call it, "Plan for the worst but hope for the best" but whatever you call it, it really makes people happy, in customer service. Give them the worst case scenario to plan around, and then do better. That's really how all estimates should be provided. Faking estimate to make things look better than they are or "planning for the best possible outcome as if it is a given" is a sure way to make customers mad, regardless of the quality of the job itself.

Scotty was actually pretty smart.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty clear it was already done or nearly done and they were sitting on it to spread out releases and has switched places with splatoon 3 cause it needs more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's pretty clear it was already done or nearly done and they were sitting on it to spread out releases and has switched places with splatoon 3 cause it needs more time.
    Nintendo always sits on finished games, Splatoon 3 is probably done or near done as well but is getting pushed to the fall to fill the void left by BoTW2 and Xenoblade 3 got moved up to fill Splatoon's void. Splatoon is just a more main stream for the fall/holiday lineup considering BoTW2 got delayed.