Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I feel like people are making a mountain out of a molehill with these kinds of topics. Yeah, of course there will be some idiots who attack the devs or make fun of their appearance (how about we point a camera at their face instead?), etc. but they're a remarkably loud minority. These kinds of comments don't represent the majority of the playerbase at all. Not even half. Not even 10%.

Most of us are mature enough to voice our concerns with the expansion without attacking any of the devs. So my advice is to just ignore comments like these, ignore/block the person who said them, and move on. They're not worth even talking about.
    This is the right attitude, but it's still pretty fucking gross/disgusting to see people who are, legally speaking, adults, being so vile and unpleasant towards individuals who, are, in fact, working hard on the game, and who are not, in most cases, the decision-makers about the game. People are vicious-as-fuck towards random individuals with zero decision-making power.

It's particularly demented and nasty because, even with posts in this thread, we see people just don't comprehend how a real job works, that individual employees are not making decisions like "implement this feature or don't", management is, and will in most cases be doing so at meetings with multiple people deciding stuff.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Simping for devs and assuming they are all really talented and passionate and trying their best is just as bad.
    Passionate and talented are also two separate things.

One can also work for 10h straight and all they got to show for lands in the bin because it's not useable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    The opposite is worse and shows a total lack of understanding how businesses work. Shit on management if you like, but shitting on devs just shows you're not someone who understands how businesses/work actually operate, and indeed opens the question up as to whether you even have a job.
    Problem with Blizzard devs, at least WoW devs, has been that they really have made a few decisions and statements that (in)directly said "We know more than you".

That's the crux, they described themselves as "Rockstar devs" and arrogance was (and possibly is) an issue for this team, this attitude is certainly not one the management promotes.

I don't think a high ranking representative of any video game company within the recent years publically denounced interest in a product only they could deliver, only for that very person to admit that this product turned out to be a huge success (and possibly carried their ass while they fucked up the most recent iterations of said product).

A lot of the mistakes the WoW developers have made in the last years are not enforced by management, at least i don't see anyone who purely cares about profit demanding anything of this within the game.

Nobody forced the team to make Legion legendaries.
    Nobody forced the team to make Azerite power.
    Nobdy forced the team to restrict covenants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I feel like people are making a mountain out of a molehill with these kinds of topics. Yeah, of course there will be some idiots who attack the devs or make fun of their appearance (how about we point a camera at their face instead?), etc. but they're a remarkably loud minority. These kinds of comments don't represent the majority of the playerbase at all. Not even half. Not even 10%.

Most of us are mature enough to voice our concerns with the expansion without attacking any of the devs. So my advice is to just ignore comments like these, ignore/block the person who said them, and move on. They're not worth even talking about.
    What he said. Threads like this are magically attracting them as you can see people who are hurt by trans humans existing and so on
    Just ignore them and express your opinion without offending people
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    How do you even know they do their best…..
    Some of them are more focused on getting their political agenda in the game then actually make a good game and that is fact.
    Facts have tangible and verifiable sources and proofs: care to share yours?
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Every single wow video has so many dislikes. People haven't even experienced the expansion yet and they just blindly hate.

I was watching different streams yesterday and chanced upon Pyromancer's stream and holy fuck... If you're having a good day and you want it to turn sour, just go to his stream while he is talking about WoW.

That said tho, it sure feels like Blizz will never be redeemed after what's been happening with them during the past few years, wether that was something concerning their games or or their real life culture. Being excited for something from Blizzard feels like commiting a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Uhhh, your grammar is so bad here that I literally don't know what you're trying to say, I can't even guess.
    It's slightly archaic but it still checks out.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    It really does not. The purpose of language is communication. Clearly, you do not want to communicate.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    No it actually is very unclear, I think you may havr missed a word or two skimming over. Happens to all of us.

My best guess is that you meant "or they were subjected to the will of the 'passionate' people who stayed". Which is fair but I am not actually certain
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Your interpretation is correct. And I stand by my words.

Only hate the Dev's should get is from making bad game design decisions (I could give a crap how they look\dress\etc or even what they post social media) granted I think they are crap but only because they have made some garbage game design IMO. My hate come from them killing off the thing I liked most in game my Main for over 10+ years my survival hunter for a Niche spec few people want to play (screwing with people stress release\hobbies is never a good move), was looking forward to Wrath Classic and now they seem they want to screw with it some, I'd rather them keep their crappy mitts off it).
    (not wishing personal harm or anything, just wish the windowlickers could only find work cleaning the bathrooms at Taco bells with their toothbrushes.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-04-20 at 11:50 AM.

I mean, in a way it's their own fault. It really looked like many of those colorful personalities were just put there to show them off. This one female dev, in the shot where you were supposed to see her work at the computer, just pointed at the screen and the continued to zoom in and out several times with the mousewheel. That really looked like she doesn't really work there but wanted a shot of her "coding" so she just sat at some random computer and scrolled the mousewheel.
    And this trans guy didn't really say much, again it doesn't look like they was there because they designed the zone but more because of their identity.
    I'd rather have actual devs and designers there, no matter their identity.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But who cares what the devs look like or what they eat or what their hobbies are..?

They're devs... they develop. They make World of Warcraft.

And this is coming from someone who's in the game-industry. You don't need to care about how we look, what we like or what we do in our free time - just judge developers for what they do; develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Every single wow video has so many dislikes. People haven't even experienced the expansion yet and they just blindly hate.
    Maybe, just maybe... They didn't like the videos and that's why they pressed the dislike button.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let´s face it, most of them did a shitty job these past few years, their failure is written all over the place, their mistakes let these gargantuous game, become a niche for copium players, and some, the lowest ever, raiding comunity.
    WoW is an mmo with zero to none horizontal progression.

If you dont like scrutiny, don´t come to a work in a game that moves so many passions like wow do.
    If you dont like scrutiny, don´t come to a work in a game that charges by month, and then dont deliver nothing for months.

I couln´t care less about their hair color, sexual preference, left or right politics, SJW. etc. but I care for the game I love and play since 2005, being plagued by incompetence for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Maybe, just maybe... They didn't like the videos and that's why they pressed the dislike button.
    Usually there's more to it though. To tone-deaf corporate monoliths, that dislike button is the most effective tool to communicate. At least, before they could hide it. That dislike ratio goes viral, journalists pick up on it and it skirts right past all the smooth-talking in annual reports to the shareholder's ears.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioz10 View Post
    I was skipping the some of my favourite streamers during the night and I just couldn't believe some of the comments towards the devs, they are trying there best to get the game right, then theres the personal attacks towards some of the devs it's not on they don't deserve these kind of comments, they need to grow up, one day the Internet will change for the better and find these keyboard warriors and take action and to be honest I hope i'm around to see it happen
    most of the people you saw during the stream where diversity people.
    when that jay duded talked the chick giggled everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I mean, in a way it's their own fault. It really looked like many of those colorful personalities were just put there to show them off. This one female dev, in the shot where you were supposed to see her work at the computer, just pointed at the screen and the continued to zoom in and out several times with the mousewheel. That really looked like she doesn't really work there but wanted a shot of her "coding" so she just sat at some random computer and scrolled the mousewheel.
    And this trans guy didn't really say much, again it doesn't look like they was there because they designed the zone but more because of their identity.
    I'd rather have actual devs and designers there, no matter their identity.
    The trans guy is one of the class designers im pretty sure and has been there for years. Thats why he was with Holinka tapking about the talent tree. Silly that if he wasnt trans you would have no problem with him/her being there and he would all the sudden be an actual dev/designer

But dont get me wrong. The corporate acting was hilarious but it had nothing to do with diversity. If thats all that was about then there wasnt enoigh black representation. We just have to accept blizzards inclunsion and diversity in the dev team. What they revealed with the game so far had no bs woke politics in your face sjw noneness. Thats all I ask for
    Last edited by GratsDing45; 2022-04-20 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GratsDing45 View Post
    The trans guy is one of the class designers im pretty sure and has been there for years. Silly that if he wasnt trans you would have no problem with him/her being there and he would all the sudden be an actual dev/designer
    If they are a class designer, why was them on the ui panel? And why didn't they barely say anthing except variations of "yeah, it's great". I don't have ill will towards them, if they are an experienced class designer then let them talk about class changes but don't sit them on some other panel just to have representation. That looks really forced.

And that corporate acting.. jesse cox had another great scene where some woman was at a whiteboard that had a badly drawn ui and post-its like "magical" "fantasy" "bold" on it. Looked so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    If they are a class designer, why was them on the ui panel? And why didn't they barely say anthing except variations of "yeah, it's great". I don't have ill will towards them, if they are an experienced class designer then let them talk about class changes but don't sit them on some other panel just to have representation. That looks really forced.

And that corporate acting.. jesse cox had another great scene where some woman was at a whiteboard that had a badly drawn ui and post-its like "magical" "fantasy" "bold" on it. Looked so bad.
    Same reason Holinka was there. The talent trees is part of the new ui and talent trees are huge when it comes to classes and pvp design. They even said its a collboration. The whole thing should of been longer and I agree they should of spoke more.
    Holinka asking questions he already knew the answers to was funny.

Streamers/YouTubers/influencers make money off of attention. Loud negative opinions generate clicks.