Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love it. As someone who's gameplay casual (invested lore and story nerd tho), I'll for sure experiment a lot with different builds. And I love that maybe we'll get the option for more dps oriented builds on healing and tank specs, and make leveling and solo content more enjoyable in those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Hybrid Talent trees are a playground for imagination IN PvP and casual PvE aaaaand in rare situations...even in hardcore PvE

Every single Hybrid Talent tree fan knows the history of this system and their offspring specs.
    I am a fan.
    what imagination ? its either have bis build or get kicked from any group content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I love it. As someone who's gameplay casual (invested lore and story nerd tho), I'll for sure experiment a lot with different builds. And I love that maybe we'll get the option for more dps oriented builds on healing and tank specs, and make leveling and solo content more enjoyable in those specs.
    what experiments you mean - there is only 1 mathematicaly bis build - that will be released on wowhead before launch and everyone will be expected to have it or gtfo from any decent groups.

there is no place for experimentation where numbers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what imagination ? its either have bis build or get kicked from any group content.

- - - Updated - - -

what experiments you mean - there is only 1 mathematicaly bis build - that will be released on wowhead before launch and everyone will be expected to have it or gtfo from any decent groups.

That's why I prefaced with I'm a gameplay casual. I don't care about bis build. All I'm gonna do is lfr, heroic and normal dungeons, probably. I think I'll be ok with whatever build I use my points on.

I like it, looks more fun and rpg-like. I'm just hoping we will get decent amount of new skills/talents too choose from. Or some old ones coming back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to think most people out there give a shit about meta stuff. And that nobody plays with friends. Weird.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You seem to think most people out there give a shit about meta stuff. And that nobody plays with friends. Weird.
    Exactly.
    tenchars#

It depends how it goes honestly - I have zero rose-coloured glasses when it comes to that format. The whole reason they got shot of it was because everything just became so cookie-cutter, so hopefully they’ll remember and learn from that.

You say that but look how many people were following the "proper" builds with covenant system. The differences between what covenant people were choosing were enormous and all was skewed towards what sites like wowhead or icyveins were deeming as "best build".

In theory, the idea of allowing for more hybridisation is good. But from the looks of it they're just taking baseline stuff from the current classes and locking it behind talent trees. That doesn't make for fun gameplay or interesting choices. I predict that class gameplay will remain more or less the same as it has been ever since the Legion reworks.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    You say that but look how many people were following the "proper" builds with covenant system. The differences between what covenant people were choosing were enormous and all was skewed towards what sites like wowhead or icyveins were deeming as "best build".
    Think you misunderstood me. I was mostly talking about how most people don't give a shit - meaning they don't kick a player because he's Necro instead of Venthyr, for instance. Maybe in 20+ keys but 'most' people don't do that.

The whole covenant thing is easily explained; most players aren't very good at the game, so they pick the thing X website suggests. That website doesn't suggest kicking other players for being the "wrong" covenant, though.

Do you kick a player for using the "wrong" talent? Legendary? Soulbind? Conduit? Covenant?
    Hi

I'm more excited in that it might mean more significant class / spec updates this time around. In the end, it will likely boil down to exactly what we have now with just some fluff stat increases and passives that we already had but shifted to talents, where everybody will just pick the same ones anyways. So it won't really be that impactful.

Think you misunderstood me. I was mostly talking about how most people don't give a shit - meaning they don't kick a player because he's Necro instead of Venthyr, for instance. Maybe in 20+ keys but 'most' people don't do that.

The whole covenant thing is easily explained; most players aren't very good at the game, so they pick the thing X website suggests. That website doesn't suggest kicking other players for being the "wrong" covenant, though.

Do you kick a player for using the "wrong" talent? Legendary? Soulbind? Conduit? Covenant?
    Oh in that case you might be right, sure. I never kicked anyone cause I'm a casual player and don't care about stuff like that. Other people? I don't know, but I would say that the fact that most player choose "cookie cutter" covenant caused that kicking wasn't too rampart.

We've yet to see how they're going to implement it. Crying tears of joy...drama queen.

Looks cool to me, always love talent trees in ALL games.
    It gives me personally, something to look forward to, and build my way towards that.

Excited to see how this turns out, hope it's not "oh you will be able to unlock everything" in time, cause than what is the point of a tree?

Most of those talents will be completely meaningless. And you'll have to get them to obtain the few usefull ones.
    And many will be something that you had baseline or allready seen.

Also keep in mind that blizzard has not made any good system for a decade. While making great announcement of amazing features that they butchered.
    And those people wanking themselves around a table show exactly that.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2022-04-20 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Who cares? I will still be going to icy veins and looking up the best spec.
    That is your choice. I will also have my choice to fill out my talents as I want to. That's the thing, choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I mean if that happened to be I'd find a new group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Illusion of choice. I remember being a new player in Wrath and trying to get in my first raid group and waiting for my gear check only to be whispered “Lol not with that build” and denied. Got told to go to EJs website to fix it.
    How is it illusion of choice when I can literally click on any of the buttons (within the system.of course) that I want to?

Can't wait to hear about what the best talents are that 95% of players will use, and why I should kill myself for picking something else and daring to try and get into an M+4.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    What I am hoping for is more player agency.

If for example some talents previously locked behind a certain tree are now in the universal class tree, maybe we can see some fun builds or they can allow us to be more creative and they can use it as a platform to expand on existing classes.

Imagine being an Enhancement shaman, but through the general tree and enhancement tree (which is now much bigger) you can play more of a defensive role. Boom you got a new tank now!

Or playing a retribution paladin, but picking holy empowering spells and make a shockadin...

I am really excited to see how far they will take it.
    If they do this, it's exciting, otherwise super meh rewind non feature, IMO.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Can't wait to hear about what the best talents are that 95% of players will use, and why I should kill myself for picking something else and daring to try and get into an M+4.
    That will definitely happen at the start of the expansion, and people will be bullied into choosing different talents because you can change so easily and save them and so on now.

But my hope is over the course of the expansion people will see more different talent setups work and chill out about it a bit.

Some people will never be chill of course, but you just have to avoid those freaks where possible.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    That is your choice. I will also have my choice to fill out my talents as I want to. That's the thing, choice.
    So just how it is now, cool.