Poll: Do you want LFD to be kept in the Classic release of Wrath of the Lich King?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To give you a bit of background I'm someone who plays Retail a lot (Guild which I Raid, M+ and PVP with).

I'm somewhat interested in WotLK Classic, a little more than I have been for TBC as a DK main being able to play the Class back when it was brand new before I properly played it. However with my investment in Retail I wouldn't have any intention to focus on joining a Guild or playing consistently with a group of players. I've played TBC a little bit up to around 30ish, but it's annoying to get into Dungeons because it feels like a hassle to me. I did Deadmines, but struggling to find a group when I logged on meant I was more tempted to ask a friend for a boost for Stockades than log on and hope for a group.

Whilst WotLK will be current content and won't have this issue, I remember playing at the start and the agony of Nexus/Utgarde Keep being on opposite ends of the continent and having 4 people on the wrong side of Northrend. You'd spend more time trying to get the group there than in the dungeon, if you even made it that far.

From a convenience POV I much prefer having LFD. It would give me more incentive to play the game. However I don't play Classic as it is so I don't consider my opinion that important. I understand the idea behind it but for me it wouldn't appeal, especially with the speed of WotLK dungeons and later in the expansion when you finished the runs in supersonic times.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Interesting how you are all arguing with me but using my reason for not having LFD as a reason to have it. Confirming what I said in the first place, I thank you for that..

LFD stopped guildies from forming groups as it was easier to just hit up the tool, this in turn turned the average guild or those that were struggling into empty rooms with no guilds runs. The real sweaty guilds used it as a tool to get more sweaty, that also created other problems where more of the lower end players were forced into LFD starting a never ending circle of the haves and the have nots.

Anyway, I can understand if this logic is too complex for some, regardless, ive said what I wanted to say ;-)

Either way, there will be no LFD so at least Blizzard agrees with me

Quote Originally Posted by Taranusnz View Post
    Interesting how you are all arguing with me but using my reason for not having LFD as a reason to have it. Confirming what I said in the first place, I thank you for that..

LFD stopped guildies from forming groups as it was easier to just hit up the tool, this in turn turned the average guild or those that were struggling into empty rooms with no guilds runs. The real sweaty guilds used it as a tool to get more sweaty, that also created other problems where more of the lower end players were forced into LFD starting a never ending circle of the haves and the have nots.

Anyway, I can understand if this logic is too complex for some, regardless, ive said what I wanted to say ;-)

Either way, there will be no LFD so at least Blizzard agrees with me
    Weird how the player count increased after the lfd tool was implemented and the game was more accessible for anyone.

And then dropped off during cata because cata was an average expansion.

The cognitive dissonance in your posts is almost charming but the reality is no one has proven your point and your points are completely incorrect. Anyone who was actually back there in wrath and was playing the game knows this.

But it doesn’t matter, I wasn’t expecting lfd at launch and I highly expect that they will backflip on it soon enough seeing as the backlash behind this is getting pretty huge and majorly drowning out the 100 people who want it to stay out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrodie0 View Post
    Weird how the player count increased after the lfd tool was implemented and the game was more accessible for anyone.

And then dropped off during cata because cata was an average expansion.

The cognitive dissonance in your posts is almost charming but the reality is no one has proven your point and your points are completely incorrect. Anyone who was actually back there in wrath and was playing the game knows this.

But it doesn’t matter, I wasn’t expecting lfd at launch and I highly expect that they will backflip on it soon enough seeing as the backlash behind this is getting pretty huge and majorly drowning out the 100 people who want it to stay out of the game.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...lassic/1222641

maybe they are 2nd guessing it too since they are asking their "council" on what they think of the tweaks. (granted I think the whole council thing is useless but that's another story).

Yeah the council seems mostly against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranusnz View Post
    This is a made up stat, anyone who played wrath in retail will tell you that LFD tool totally destroyed the games sense of community. The only people that want this are the people who like to play alone and not interact with real people and when they do interact with real people they behave badly.

There are enough addons to make filtering LFG easy but still requires people to interact politely, I quit retail because of LFD and I'm sure many people will quit classic for the same reason if Bliz ever introduced it again
    Hah, people interacting with LFG? You just get an invite and no one says anything. That's if there's even any groups for the dungeon you want to run. And then you have to pay a tank to run it.

Only people who benefit from no LFG are boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Hah, people interacting with LFG? You just get an invite and no one says anything. That's if there's even any groups for the dungeon you want to run. And then you have to pay a tank to run it.

Speak up, these people will drag everyone down with their "anti LFG". It's time people started

No No No to LFD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The people who want to buy boosts will still do so because it's faster and involves doing nothing.

Thinking that anyone who dislikes Dungeon finder has some monetary incentive is the same BS argument when they announced the leveling boost for TBC and people argued "anyone who has an issue with the boost is a booster themselves!", meanwhile mages could ask for up to 50g/run during the Pre patch.

Same shit will happen again in Wrath, because guess what, the concept of paying money and getting what you want with little effort is a popular concept.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-20 at 09:06 AM.

Well, for wotlk dungeons it wont be a problem without automated lfg finder. Will be grps galore.

If you are leveling though, most likely you are screwed.

I was mega hyped for wotlk and couldn't wait for it and now i'm questioning if i should play without lfd or not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The people who want to buy boosts will still do so because it's faster and involves doing nothing.

Do you people even play classic ? Its hard to believe it with the amount of weird takes I see. You either don't play or have some island stable guilds to do anything in the game thinking this is the norm for the rest of the playerbase.
    I'm on the most populated eu server and you can sit for hours until you see a legit dungeon run in the middle of the boost selling spam. EVERYTHING IS BOOST SELLING. You want to do normal raids like normal people ? There is 2 guilds recruiting only t6 geared and 5 billion gdkp runs.
    Why are you still trying to pretend there is some magical dreamworld in classic were everyone makes magical friendships and groups and not 99% boosting cancer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Do you people even play classic ? Its hard to believe it with the amount of weird takes I see. You either don't play or have some island stable guilds to do anything in the game thinking this is the norm for the rest of the playerbase.
    I don't get what you're saying.

I didn't claim boosts don't exist, i said that boosts will continue to exist even with the Dungeon Finder, because the argument presented by some people is that the only people who argue against Dungeonfinder are people who are making money with boosting.
    Which, in my opinion, is false because people will still buy boosts even if Dungeon finder exists because doing Dungeon finder involves doing something whereas getting boosted involves watching your second monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Why are you still trying to pretend there is some magical dreamworld in classic were everyone makes magical friendships and groups and not 99% boosting cancer ?
    I don't know, you tell me where you got the impression that i'm claiming boosting is not a thing.

Downsides of removing LFD:

The process of accessing group content becomes inconvenient and time consuming
    People with non-meta specs and bad gear will find it harder to access group content
    Farming emblems takes longer
    Gearing alts takes longer
    Less likely to access group content while levelling

Upsides:

????

Boosting happens.

Boosting will happen regardless.

Claiming "99% of all dungeon runs are boosts!!!" just... shows stupidity and poor reasoning. It's OBVIOUSLY not the case for most of us. There will be some who boost every toon they make, some who enjoy levelling. At max level, on DPS or Tank I've had little issue finding groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I was super excited to play WotLK Classic. I haven't really participated in vanilla or BC classic, even though I tried, and a lot of it was due to no LFD and the slow leveling. LFD didn't originally exist as part of those expansions, fine. But WotLK? It did for the second half and I don't understand why they're taking it out for the entire classic expansion.

I likely won't play it now because I just don't have the time anymore to be sitting around for hours spamming LFG looking for dungeon groups, only to find someone and have them leave in the middle of the dungeon and screw everyone over. With an LFD they'd be replaced.

I really think Blizzard only listened to the current "classic" community saying they stayed for the social aspects and didn't put any consideration into the pure number of people who have been waiting for WotLK classic to come around to play, whether they're currently only playing retail or quit and were planning to come back for it. They could increase the population of that community so much but they don't seem to want to for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Downsides of removing LFD:

The process of accessing group content becomes inconvenient and time consuming
    People with non-meta specs and bad gear will find it harder to access group content
    Farming emblems takes longer
    Gearing alts takes longer
    Less likely to access group content while levelling

Upsides:

????
    Upsides: People with power complex can continue to ask abhorrent requirements for group content and reserve literally everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES i do want it but blizz thinks i dont BIG ROFL XD

You can't blame them, they want to sell boosts and server transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Upsides: People with power complex can continue to ask abhorrent requirements for group content and reserve literally everything.
    Upsides: I don't have to put up with people's shenanigans and form a group based on my own expectations.

I don't know, this entire Dungeonfinder debate feels like a social experiment which highlights that even if given the same tools, a human society will still establish a hierarchical structure and there's going to be some people that bitch about how unjust this structure is than actually influence a change.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-04-20 at 01:20 PM.