Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, I'll take 4 *good* dungeons over 10 weak/half decent ones. I want quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    good changes. not to mention that old content (world) will be used. Gief Wailing Caverns mythic 15 :В
    Oh yes. Let the refurbishing commence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine BRD (Full run) as a M+ clear.. Add whatever key you want..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    What? Seriously. What?!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/old-dun...26781#comments

Didnt they learn from MEGA dungeons? You run those twice at best before their M+ implementation. Normal/Heroic dungeons are obsolete after 2 weeks into the expansion.

Leave old dungeons for TW god dammit!

Give us new dungeons with every major content patch instead!
    they will 1st season 4 NEW dungeons + 4 old ones. Season 2 another 4 NEW dungeons and 4 old ones (diffrent than season1). They wount add 8 at start siply becasue thay cant prob carry more for launch Imo they are on rush to realese it ASAP.

Great change. As someone who plays m+ every season, I'm supper happy to have different dungeon pool every season. Keep things fresh! And coming back of some old favourites is also a plus, I was always hoping Blizzard learns to reuse great content of the past. It's miles better than playing same 8 dungeons for two years like in SL (plus Taza recently).

If those 4 dungeons are actually good then that's a good change. Not everybody wants to study 8 new dungeons on top of a new raid just for the sake of it.

it’s obviously for a time stretching reason. they obviously are too late to build 8 dungeons for release. so they have time to build the other 4 for S2 while S1 is running. imo this must be not a bad thing, so we have guaranteed new content for S2 and not did all 8 dungeons over and over again. what me more pisses off, that they can’t just be real, by saying that. instead they will hide their „we need more time“ problem behind something they sell like a feature, made for the player. „we don’t wanna let players become bored by the new stuff too far“. my counter argument: „what about doing 8 new dungeons in S1 and another 4 new dungeons in S2 ?“.

summary: i am overall totally fine with this rollout idea. but plz, sell it as what it is. stretching. not as some „we did for you players“ thing. so i don’t have to feel me as some customer, about Blizz think they are stupid AF.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-04-20 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems pretty clear this is a way of holding back some of the new content to try and get people to stick around about 6 months into the expansion which is the usual time for a mass exodus.

Don't really like it personally. Their solution to content droughts is seemingly less about producing more content and more about spreading existing content more thinly. They're also continuing to lean more heavily into the seasonal aspect and scaling.

I wonder if we're just going to reach a point some day where WoW no longer produces new content and the game is just endless cycles of old raids and dungeons scaled to current gear with some affix to make it slightly different. It feels like that's where it's going.

I've been wondering if the first Dragonflight raid will only have 4 bosses. Then 10.1 will add 4 more but all 8 will be relevant. Then 10.2 will add 4 more but all 12 will be relevant.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've been wondering if the first Dragonflight raid will only have 4 bosses. Then 10.1 will add 4 more but all 8 will be relevant. Then 10.2 will add 4 more but all 12 will be relevant.
    No, I think they will add all 12 bosses at launch, but only phases 1 will be available in 10.0 - phases 2 will become active in 10.1, and in 10.2 we will finally be able to kill the bosses in newly unlocked phases 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...
    Dunno, 4 new ones at release and 4 older re-worked dungeons could be cool, but I doubt Blizz will re-work older dungeons.
    Other 4 coming in next patches seems good, 4 new dungeons mid-expansion could be refreshing.

This seems the wrong way to go about it... maybe add 6 new dungeons then six new dungeons each patch?

The way it is now there is a decent chance I won't see more then 5 new dungeons the first tier then 3 the next. Once I get my first key those dungeons might as well now exist...

Reusing old content is good. Using it as an excuse to make less content isnt...

Gearing is going to be so messed up.

Curious.

I'm not sure who needs to hear this, but it has yet to be stated clearly in this thread (EDIT: Reading back, the 8-at-launch thing was touched on a bit, still figured it'd do to reiterate), and some of the responses seem to imply that this isn't entirely clear: DF is likely not going to launch with four dungeons. It's likely going to launch with at least eight, and you'll be able to do Normal, Heroic and (probably) Mythic 0 on all of them. But for the first season of Mythic+ in DF, only four of the new DF dungeons are going to have keystones, and four old dungeons (I would imagine two from Legion and two from BFA, but it could be anything) will join those four.

Initially, I wondered, as I figure others are as well, why not just give all the new DF dungeons keystones, in addition to some older dungeons. The best answer I can come up with, given a lack of further info and dev thoughts, is trying to give seasons a bit of a greater sense of variety in the dungeons that are available. If it works how I read like it might work, every available dungeon in DF Season 2 is going to be a whole different dungeon than what was in Season 1, as opposed to the only thing changing between Seasons 1 and 2 is the seasonal affix and the available legacy dungeons, barring something magical and odd like four new dungeons in 10.1 or something.

Thinking about it this way has me a bit more interested in how the idea pans out. It seems to me like something experimental on Blizzard's part, that I can also kind of imagine what they'd like the end result to be.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2022-04-20 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Curious.

I'm not sure who needs to hear this, but it has yet to be stated clearly in this thread, and some of the responses seem to imply that this isn't entirely clear: DF is likely not going to launch with four dungeons. It's likely going to launch with at least eight, and you'll be able to do Normal, Heroic and (probably) Mythic 0 on all of them. But for the first season of Mythic+ in DF, only four of the new DF dungeons are going to have keystones, and four old dungeons (I would imagine two from Legion and two from BFA, but it could be anything) will join those four.

Initially, I wondered, as I figure others are as well, why not just give all the new DF dungeons keystones, in addition to some older dungeons. The best answer I can come up with, given a lack of further info and dev thoughts, is trying to give seasons a bit of a greater sense of variety in the dungeons that are available. If it works how I read like it might work, every available dungeon in DF Season 2 is going to be a whole different dungeon than what was in Season 1, as opposed to the only thing changing between Seasons 1 and 2 is the seasonal affix and the available legacy dungeons, barring something magical and odd like four new dungeons in 10.1 or something.

Thinking about it this way has me a bit more interested in how the idea pans out. It seems to me like something experimental on Blizzard's part, that I can also kind of imagine what they'd like the end result to be.
    I mean to mythic plus players it effectly launches with 5. You can argue maybe you make a mythic plus tour but most people do one mythic if that then start leveling keys.

Worse there isn't a mention of making more dungeons... reusing content is good. Making less content isn't...

This feels like an implicit admission that there are no plans to increase dungeon production throughout the expansion. So instead of releasing more than 1 new dungeon/2 wings (at most), they're going to stretch the new content and pad it with old content.

Pretty disappointing, to be honest.

They never said there will onyl eb 4 dungeons. They said of the 8 dungeons 4 will be in the original rotation.

Some of you guys just want to read what you watn to hear to be outraged.

Is it stupid? Maybe. But don't use it as an argument that is wrong from the start and an outwright lie.

8 DUngeons is not enough imho. But still.

There will NOT be only 4 dungeons. There is NOTHING indicating that.

Also: I thought you guys all hated mythic+ anyway 1% shit and so one

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean to mythic plus players it effectly launches with 5. You can argue maybe you make a mythic plus tour but most people do one mythic if that then start leveling keys.

Worse there isn't a mention of making more dungeons... reusing content is good. Making less content isn't...
    Considering the info we currently have on 10.0 and Dragonflight as a whole, which is almost none, I'm not ready yet to assume that a lack of dev talk about future development is any indication of a lack of development. If they're making more dungeons in future patches, I don't expect to hear about it yet, nor do I expect a hollow promise of "Don't worry, guys, there's definitely more dungeons coming in post-launch patches!" to actually assuage anyone who thinks that Blizzard needs to assuage them right now.

I'm at the point now where I'm just taking in info as it comes. I'll reserve judgment and consternation on the matter when we're a little closer to actually seeing something.

I really like the idea of 4 older remastered dungeons made with modern sensibilities assuming we get good ones and not 4 Oculus's. 8 appears to be the magic number for blizzard which is good to me ( i think 10 is ideal ) but overall its a wait and see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that there is new Uldaman art in the press kit, so "old dungeon" might mean 'revamped old dungeon'.

Formerly known as Arafal