Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are 2 arguments here.

Do we need another melee dps/tank spec in the game? Probably not right now.

Should the new race have access to some melee dps or tank specs? Absolutely yes!

As for how to do it, that is Blizzard’s job. They’ve backed themselves into a corner here rather stupidly.

its simple
    Death Knight Melee dps Tank
    Monk Melee Dps Tank
    Demon Hunter Melee Dps tank

we have had 3 new classes all focus around melee combat so nice to have a range one for a change

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they wanted to make a Ranged/Healer Hero Class. It's not like they've allready done a Tank/Meleé Hero Class... TWICE.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Its easy.

Wow is on life support. We will never get the same broad sweeping changes we used to get again. They will never rework almost every spec in game at once like when they changed talent systems, and changed resource systems for a broad section of the specs.

We wont ever get a class with more than 1 or 2 races available again like when they added monks to almost every race in the game. Too much work, animations usually take the most amount of work. Loads easier when you just need to make them for 1 skeleton rigging.

If they can't do it with the current paired down teams they have, it wont happen. They wont spend money to outsource art and animation assets. It seems like they dont even understand how to outsource properly as proved by each of the outsourced projects they've done being absolute ass.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Though they don’t have much of an excuse for not having a third spec, be it tank or what not.
    DHs got a pass because “how would a healer DH work” but there was so much potential people had viable ideas for 4 specs.
    I really don't think DH got a "pass"
    I would have found a way to make a ranged spec work honestly.
    I know that it doesn't necessarily fit the "flavor" of the spec, but c'mon. It would have been a nice way to reintroduce the Metamorphosis playstyle that demonology warlock had. Although maybe that was taken up by the new design for shadow priest or something, but I dunno. I think it would have been cool to see stuff like shadow bolt volley finally put into the game in the hands of a magic focused demon hunter, but I also can see how it could potentially be a nightmare to fight against a caster class with the mobility options that the demon hunter has.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yes definitely. Many people do not want to tank which is why we should give almost every class the oppertunity to tank.

i'm currently stuck playing a class that cant tank otherwise i would for m+.
    I think you're a minority here TBH, most people who do want to tank do what the people who want to play any other role does: Roll and play a class that can do it.

I'm saying that it isn't lack of tank-capable classes that's causing the shortage, but people just don't want to tank, if people did, we'd see Arms/fury warriors, Ret-paladins, and so on respeccing to tank.

Fact is that loads of people play tank-capable classes, but too few of them play the tanking spec, preferring to wait longer to get groups as DPS over the stress and annoyance of tanking, and that's a problem that more tank specs won't fix.

It's about time ranged got some love, I have never touched any of the new classes due to them being melee/tank, I for welcome our new Draconic friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    It's about time ranged got some love, I have never touched any of the new classes due to them being melee/tank, I for welcome our new Draconic friends.
    I'm curious, are you going to roll a Dracthyr?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    its simple
    Death Knight Melee dps Tank
    Monk Melee Dps Tank
    Demon Hunter Melee Dps tank

we have had 3 new classes all focus around melee combat so nice to have a range one for a change
    And truth be told, it's refreshing to have a new RDPS spec over another MDPS spec. Having a new healing class is nice too. Especially one based on Green and Bronze dragons.

In addition, I'm VERY happy about getting another mail class. While I'd prefer a three spec class, I'll get over it fairly quickly when I'm flying through the dragon isles in draconic flight form.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-20 at 03:28 PM.

Every hero spec so far has been tank/melee ... I'm glad there is finally a hero class I can play.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Just like how Worgen don't use their claws, unfortunately.
    They still haven't figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What are you even talking about? You're the one whining about how we need another tank to fix the problem with being no tanks supposedly, not me. Did you confuse yourself?
    i said im not sure how that would fix ppl not wanting to play tanks, and im asking you how it having a healer spec instead would make more of a difference than if it had a tank one as we have the same amount of healer and tank spec (not including this new )

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Its a pretty easy piece of information to gloss over because they just ignore it 10 secs later along with the fact they said we would use all the flights but mention that the healing spec is only bronze/green and dps is only red/blue
    Yeah this was strange to me as well.

I would have rather seen more overlap, and then thrown in a tanking spec just because it's always nice to have more tanking classes IMO.

Like caster DPS should have probably been Blue, Black, and either Bronze or Red. Healing should be a mixture of Green, Red, and Bronze, and tanking could have been Black, Red, and Blue or really anything else.

Having red as this decimating fire magic seems a little strange. I think I would have preferred if the idea was to mesh certain powers together for certain things. Like that red magic blast shouldn't start out as all the types of magic, maybe it's a specific combination of Red, Blue, and Black that creates a powerful explosion of fire that creates a crater in the ground with the edges of the cloud after striking the target fading in a gradient back to blue. Really give it the feeling of specific targeted types of magic combining together for a purpose. The red being the ability to affect life and burn, black being the destructive power to shift the earth, and blue giving it the magical property to actually explode and expand outward.

As it stands, I don't quite understand how a chromatic blast of all 5 magic types becomes a blooming green flower, or a magical laser beam. Isn't that just ONE type of magic?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

ofc playrs reacted that way

why ? because melee are muhc more fun to play compared to casters bared for hunters.
    Yeah, players react silly I know. That's why I had some fun with it. It's not even about the request to have melee... That's fair.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Because the game has enough tank and melee specs.
    ^ literall quote from Ion btw
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    ^ literall quote from Ion btw
    Yeah, but why no tank/melee spec tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    DaOC had 40 classes. GW2 adds 9 new elite specs every expansion, and has a total of 36 specializations (and GW2 has only been running since 2012). FFXIV adds 2-3 new jobs per expansion and already has 17 combat classes.

WoW has been running for nearly 20 years, and in that time has added a grand total of... 3 classes (total of 8 new specs)...

WoW is behind. So very far behind.
    and no one of those games comes even close to the PVE WoW has for a reason, let trash be trash and let WoW be the PVE peak

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Yeah, but why no tank/melee spec tho?
    cuz in a 20 man raid you only have 6 melee spots 2 of them are tanks and 2 are healer and we have more melees than range specs
    I.O BFA Season 3

cuz in a 20 man raid you only have 6 melee spots 2 of them are tanks and 2 are healer and we have more melees than range specs
    Man, here I thought I was funny considering my post above yours...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    disagree on the former agree on the latter, tank participation is still pretty low also a mail waring tank would have been nice
    its not cuz it lacks tanks, its more about ppl dont want to fall asleep in progress you can add 10 more tank still no one will play it cuz is dogshit borring and faceroll role
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Blizzard needs to focus on making existing tanks better instead of making more tanks.

and no one of those games comes even close to the PVE WoW has for a reason, let trash be trash and let WoW be the PVE peak.
    I wouldnt say that -- WoW now has 13 classes to choose from with up to 41 different specs. You are going to run out of design room at some point.