Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    what content patch, ever, had 8 dungeons?).
    Ah yes, those 8 dungeons they showed zero footage of. I love when wow content is theoretical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    The only way I think they'd be able to make more races become an invoker in the future, is if they have a spirit dragon projected onto another race during abilities, maybe even just static, so you'd mostly see the race, but a faint dragon spirit encompassing the race. Then it wouldn't look crazy, because I kind of agree with the idea that it would look weird if a human, or gnome lol would pop up in the air and dragon breath, or use a wing ability that wasn't there.
    ..... or just give other races the "Visage" customization options. The dragon form does all the combat stuff, so as soon as you enter combat or do an ability, you turn into a dragon.

I'm very concerned that Dragonflight is veering more towards MoP in just theme and atmosphere, but WoD in terms of content.

I hope the lack of systems means the devs can put a larger emphasis on dynamic and interesting world content. As I get older, I'm becoming more of a casual pug player who does keys when I can, PvP when I can, but would prefer to veer more towards world content.

Better, more dynamic world content I feel is very important for this expansion. We can't go back to raid(&Mythic+) or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

Best interview so far, especially the bit about mount collecting and player housing.
    Glad she asked about player housing. I'm not a diehard fan of it, but I did think that would be the big feature that would 'complete' the expansion.

Ion's answer isn't super satisfying. He says its a big feature and the work required would need it to span multiple expansions...... so why would they not start now? lol.

She also asked why archaeology is being canned yet again, and he basically says all the resources are on the gathering/crafting professions. Not satisfied with that, considering they ignored it in Shadowlands, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Yeah the class isn't something that was on my wishlist and the race is whatever, but everything else is so promising to me and I can't wait to see more. I'm just cranky they didn't deep dive into stuff they should have known people would need then to elaborate on so as to not cause the shitstorm of "is that it? A UI upgrade is a feature? This expansion has no content!"
    I think they want to avoid committing to something that may not work out. That has worked out poorly in the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Compare an Orc or a Human to a Tauren or Draenei. That's what I'm talking about when I say "Bulky".
    Noo... you are just using an exageration

you can be bulky without being obnoxiously large, you know there is a middle ground between that and ugly skinny right?

ORcs and humans are bulky, period
    Only because of Druids.
    Yeah sure, can back up that statement?

What is your definition of "normal"? If you're talking about the standard drakes Blizzard already said they couldn't do them.
    normal to humanoid dragons,a s we could see with drgonspawns and drakonids.

no one wanted/expected they to do actual dragons besides you witht he Hots nonsense
    1. And you are?
    Yes
    2. Sacrifices have to be made.
    Bull

shit
    I'm willing to make that sacrifice because I'm rolling a Dracthyr to play as a dragon. I don't really care what race my "Visage" is, and I'm perfectly fine with playing as an elf or a human if it means I get to be a playable dragon.
    Now tell me how and why the visage can't be any other race and you play with the Gecko?

You are just using a fallacy

This is WoW not other games.
    And yet, they are copying the anime draogn ladies form FF

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

Best interview so far, especially the bit about mount collecting and player housing.
    Professions having talent trees, that's really interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay there are just way too many pages so I give up and I'm jumping to present.

Anyone else immediately think of Howling Fjord when they mentioned sailing in on the ships past all the old dragon ruins? I got giddy. I still stay on the boat all the way to the dock unless I'm in a big hurry whenever I go to Howing Fjord.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

I think as ThunderBrush art director on Paladins on twitter said and made this (i know game is a meme for many here probably)

But no replacing one to another, but like Option 1 and Option 2, would be still close to the idea that blizzard had but also providing more options.
    I love this.
    Would for sure like them to be options open to both males and females since blizzard wants to keep the dragon forms “gender neutral” from what it sounds.

The model they’ve shown in general definitely could use some harder angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Okay there are just way too many pages so I give up and I'm jumping to present.

Anyone else immediately think of Howling Fjord when they mentioned sailing in on the ships past all the old dragon ruins? I got giddy. I still stay on the boat all the way to the dock unless I'm in a big hurry whenever I go to Howing Fjord.
    They've also said one of the zones is very inspired on Grizzly Hills. With Tuskarr back as well, it definitely seems like they're going for the Northrend nostalgia (and will likely end up using all these assets for a future Northrend revamp).

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Ah yes, those 8 dungeons they showed zero footage of. I love when wow content is theoretical.
    Even if like 4 of those get scrapped/delayed for post-launch/next season, that's still more than any content patch that I remember, and that was just 1 of your points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think they want to avoid committing to something that may not work out. That has worked out poorly in the past.
    Yeah but even just saying "we are merging the covenant system into the regular reputations so all the cosmetics and long questlines are now part of that system and you can build your reputation the same way you used to but with the added bonus of the renown system and all the extra unlockable content that brought" would have assured people that stuff is still there and I can't see how they wouldn't be able to follow through on it when they already have fully developed both of those systems and just need to combine them
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly I just can't grasp the idea that they went through telling the story about Visage Day and then.. They limit Visages to 2 races. It's just silly.
    I can only imagine there will be an Allied Race someday that can use the Drak'Thyr visage accessories on any race (of the same faction), cannot use the Drak'Thyr form, and can be any class except Evoker (and DK, and DH, and Monk)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Glad she asked about player housing. I'm not a diehard fan of it, but I did think that would be the big feature that would 'complete' the expansion.

Ion's answer isn't super satisfying. He says its a big feature and the work required would need it to span multiple expansions...... so why would they not start now? lol.

She also asked why archaeology is being canned yet again, and he basically says all the resources are on the gathering/crafting professions. Not satisfied with that, considering they ignored it in Shadowlands, but whatever.
    To be fair he said the dream is still alive and they want to do it, just not for Dragonflight. They may be even working on it already with a side team. Anyways, it's great to know that they are aware of the demand!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    I welcome our Dragon overlords.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think the biggest "?" right now are the preorder edition rewards.

First time taking that long, or they wait for new big PTR build to add something there.

My guess is pre-orders will coincide with release of 9.2.5.

What's the current expectation on when that patch will release? This month, next?

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I think the biggest "?" right now are the preorder edition rewards.

First time taking that long, or they wait for new big PTR build to add something there.
    Yeah, very curious at what is up with those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I have a stupid question. With the dragon flying, if you're a dragon person, do you shift back to your human form or are you a dragon on a dragon( and if you have a dragon pet,) with a dragon?

Hmmm, at around the 15:38 mark of Hazelnutty's interview with Ion - he says that if your a Dracthyr riding your dragon, you'll be in visage form. So does that mean that the Dracthyr form can't ride mounts period without being in visage?