Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Ion's answer isn't super satisfying. He says its a big feature and the work required would need it to span multiple expansions...... so why would they not start now? lol.
    Think about it another way: The fact that he can say that so easily and confidently means they've did a closer examination of the effort required, which means they gave it some more serious consideration.

The rewards are in, except for one rumored one (AR). The release date shouldn’t be a question as they can just say 2023.

I assume it has to do with the AR. Maybe it’s not ready to take a picture of???

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Never said the game was innovating, and, if scrapping 4 dungeons is optimism, I worry about you.
    I guess you don't feel like a game needs to innovate to survive but that was my entire argument. So happy to see that you agree: With a side of condescending passive aggression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'm quite sure we didn't got pre-orders yesterday because they don't want to commit to a release date again, just remember what happened with Shadowlands.
    ??? But they didn't have a release date when the Shadowlands Pre-order dropped. They usually don't have a set release date when they do pre-orders. Shadowlands set a date later then had to push it back.

But in this case, yeah: Even the "On this date or earlier" date they usually put out is still in extreme flux.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-20 at 04:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, I think it's a good sign that they revealed the new class colour today via blue post, maybe we will be getting more and more previews every day 'till Alpha is ready to launch?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You do know that Drakonoids are way bigger than Orcs and Humans right? Again, you're looking at Draenei/Tauren sized.

Not as bulky as Draenei or Tauren, and they wouldn't be as big and bulky as a Drakonoid.
    Again, you are using a falalacy here, you think is either ksinny geckos or bulky gigantic drakonids

there is an option in between already posted here, so stop.

Both ugly af. Again
    The anorexic gecko is ugly af too, so, pointless?
    Blizzard counts as no one? They clearly wanted it too. Good move on their part, they probably just created the most popular future class in WoW.
    Amazing move, look how so many people are plased with the bullshit of it

We went over this; There's no point in using developer time and resources to give this option to every single race when 99% of the player base is just going to be an Elf or Human anyway.
    There is ltierally no developer time or resource in allowing players to pick other races for humanoid forms, there would be not even the need to give then the draconic transformations

And even if they did, it would not be gamebreaking or cost a raid tier like you imply to be, is just some scales and horns that they can slap on any race

theya re just being lazy and people are defending their lazyness

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The rewards are in, except for one rumored one (AR). The release date shouldn’t be a question as they can just say 2023.

I assume it has to do with the AR. Maybe it’s not ready to take a picture of???
    The simplest explanation might just be that they're not sure in what year they'll end up releasing in. Maybe the initial target was as Scaleface said (Nov 2022) but maybe something came up that made them less confident of that which might push it over the holidays into Q1 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I guess you don't feel like a game needs to innovate to survive but that was my entire argument. So happy to see that you agree: With a side of condescending passive aggression.
    You're right, I think a game can survive perfectly well on looking at what others are doing and basing ideas/features off of that (which wouldn't count as innovation), e.g. the dragon riding is obviously very similar to GW2's dragon riding and that apparently feels pretty good according to those that have used it. Obviously it is a fine balance as to how far they can go in doing stuff like that and having/experimenting with original ideas still matters, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

As for the latter, I learnt from the best.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-04-20 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Does anyone else think the lethe form of the Dragon implies they are ultimately going to wear armor? I don't think those clothes on the female dragon are default. I think they are eventually supposed to wear armor, and with WoW's more recent 3D moddled armor that's why they're not so buff.
    I definitely think they are. If you look at the animation previews and compare them to the ones we see in the actual reveal they have different armor sets. Not to mention one of the tier sets shown has to be for evoker, and it would be strange for it to just show up on the human form.

Also since they said the dracthyr would be using the dragonriding system with their own wings and flight, we could get customization through that system like others would get with their dragon companions.

Not to mention we don't know how tall they are (? I think?) so it may be annoying if they're taller than any other race and super muscular to do any sort of content with one.

Personally I dig the androgynous look and if they do listen to feedback that they make the buff version an option and not the new design.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I think it's a good sign that they revealed the new class colour today via blue post, maybe we will be getting more and more previews every day 'till Alpha is ready to launch?
    I certainly hope so. The mournful cries of the people weeping about stuff that's probably not really a problem but just hasn't been detailed yet are already getting pretty cacophonous.

Also I totally guessed it would be teal lol.

- - - Updated - - -

The, possibly literally, million dollar question!
    It really does seem likely it'll be an AR at this point, no?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Emet-Selch View Post
    I definitely think they are. If you look at the animation previews and compare them to the ones we see in the actual reveal they have different armor sets. Not to mention one of the tier sets shown has to be for evoker, and it would be strange for it to just show up on the human form.

Also since they said the dracthyr would be using the dragonriding system with their own wings and flight, we could get customization through that system like others would get with their dragon companions.

Not to mention we don't know how tall they are (? I think?) so it may be annoying if they're taller than any other race and super muscular to do any sort of content with one.

Personally I dig the androgynous look and if they do listen to feedback that they make the buff version an option and not the new design.
    It seems they only get basic gliding and some swooping down and back up. So a bit more capable than DH, but not quite full flight. They still need to board one of their full-grown brethren for the proper experience.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It seems they only get basic gliding and some swooping down and back up. So a bit more capable than DH, but not quite full flight. They still need to board one of their full-grown brethren for the proper experience.
    They said in one of the interviews they will be able to use the dragonriding systems (momentum and all that), not able to find it atm.

Which would make sense if we is announcement wasn't already 6 months later than usual. Can anyone blame the people having a negative reaction to Dragonflight? If you're going to announce an announcement 6 weeks beforehand is it wrong that they expected something impressive?

If you're going to treat dungeons & raids like major features you might consider showing a little of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The simplest explanation might just be that they're not sure in what year they'll end up releasing in. Maybe the initial target was as Scaleface said (Nov 2022) but maybe something came up that made them less confident of that which might push it over the holidays into Q1 2023.
    It's possible, though I partially wonder why they wouldn't just put something crazy like June 2023 if that were the case & deliver earlier. I'm leaning more towards the AR thing as the reason we don't have them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    It's possible, though I partially wonder why they wouldn't just put something crazy like June 2023 if that were the case & deliver earlier. I'm leaning more towards the AR thing as the reason we don't have them yet.
    That'd be bad for business compared to just not saying anything at all. And getting an AR on the tail end of Shadowlands would be neat, but no signs of that yet (but maybe they got good).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Again, you are using a falalacy here, you think is either ksinny geckos or bulky gigantic drakonids

there is an option in between already posted here, so stop.
    You want to move the goalposts now because you acknowledge that big huge drakonoids would flop hard? Okay, make them Orc and Human size, the problem is still there; They'd be ugly af, especially the females. Humans and Orcs have decent population numbers because the game wraps around their struggle. A draconic race wouldn't have that history and would be removed from popular draconic characters like Alexstraza and Wrathion. So again, you're looking at a racial flop.

The anorexic gecko is ugly af too, so, pointless?

Nah.

Amazing move, look how so many people are plased with the bullshit of it
    People are always pissed. I have yet to see an expansion announcement where everyone is holding hands and praising the greatness of Blizzard. The rubber hits the road when we get to release and how many people roll the new class. All things considered, I believe we're looking at one of the top classes of WoW for the foreseeable future. It simply has too much going for it.

There is ltierally no developer time or resource in allowing players to pick other races for humanoid forms, there would be not even the need to give then the draconic transformations

And even if they did, it would not be gamebreaking or cost a raid tier like you imply to be, is just some scales and horns that they can slap on any race

theya re just being lazy and people are defending their lazyness
    You're acting like you know the full range of customizations they're doing for the Visages. You have no idea. According to the developers, they're creating tons of customization options. Expand that to every race, and its a resource issue. Again, why bother when the vast majority are going to just roll elves and humans anyway? You refuse to answer that question.

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be bad for business compared to just not saying anything at all. And getting an AR on the tail end of Shadowlands would be neat, but no signs of that yet (but maybe they got good).
    Perhaps, yeah. I'm not sure I agree on no signs yet. We don't seem to have the db updates like we did for the first ARs, but that encrypted Tirisfal stuff along with the updates to the Dark Ranger chain make me think there's at least some smoke to that potential fire. Not that it means AR to be sure, but I feel we at least have a couple potential indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by Emet-Selch View Post
    They said in one of the interviews they will be able to use the dragonriding systems (momentum and all that), not able to find it atm.
    Check the interview on page 2659. Ion specifies that they get the base level version, but only the dragon can actually be improved, Dracthyr are stuck at base level.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Perhaps, yeah. I'm not sure I agree on no signs yet. We don't seem to have the db updates like we did for the first ARs, but that encrypted Tirisfal stuff along with the updates to the Dark Ranger chain make me think there's at least some smoke to that potential fire. Not that it means AR to be sure, but I feel we at least have a couple potential indicators.
    Oh, sure, when I say no signs I usually mean nothing leaky/hard data pointing to anything along the likes of that. No reason they couldn't just hotfix it all in if all the assets are present (and encrypted).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is my phone broken or has this thread really gone a full half hour with no new posts?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Is my phone broken or has this thread really gone a full half hour with no new posts?
    What is there to speculate besides patch content? Galakrond lore is in launch, Murozond will be there eventually.

All there is to do is wait for Alpha.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-04-20 at 05:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    This thread is now in maintenance mode until alpha starts and datamining begins.

Formerly known as Arafal