Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

(Leak?) Redshirt guy finds release date, main villain and allied race with preorder

He posted this on Twitter

“Okay, so
    @Gurzog
    showed me a 4chan post from April 16th that lists every detail about Dragonflight. It gets everything right, but has two additional points.

-Murozond is the main villain
    -Pre-ordering the expansion unlocks a new allied race (not dracthyr, something else)

Sooooo.... Darkfallen?

Oh, it also says the release is Q1 2023 and there's a "dragonflight covenant" which might be dragon riding since it's not mentioned otherwise and it is about you choosing a dragon to ally with (just not a flight).“

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRedShi...77518152441864

10+ Year Old Account
    I am gonna guess Tuskarr is the allied race. They have an otter mount, they wear player model glasses and they added females and kids and upressed them.

Who are the Darkfallen??

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    Who are the Darkfallen??
    Undead race. The Tirisfal updates, encrypted Calia, and cinematic camera used for in-game cutscenes and especially race introductions all but guarantees them, sadly, since Tuskarr are...well, fuckin' Tuskarr, I want them.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post

“Okay, so
    @Gurzog
    showed me a 4chan post from April 16th that lists every detail about Dragonflight. It gets everything right, but has two additional points.

-Pre-ordering the expansion unlocks a new allied race (not dracthyr, something else)

Sooooo.... Darkfallen?

Oh, it also says the release is Q1 2023 and there's a "dragonflight covenant" which might be dragon riding since it's not mentioned otherwise and it is about you choosing a dragon to ally with (just not a flight).“

I saw that one too.

Around that time, the community had already guessed that the class would be Evoker and Scaleface had just posted his picture and some people were guessing draconic names for the race. They possibly had already called out Dracthyr in the thread when that guy made his post on 4chan.

He probably just read Evoker and Dracthyr in the MMO-Champion thread and thought, let's give it a shot and throw out more information.

The "leak" says Dragonflight Covenant. Was anything like this shown?

Im going to shoot myself if they blurt out Tuskarr before Sethrak.

Then again, while i don't give a rats ass, more people want those than Ogres and i can get behind them as a more unique thing. We will see if this isnt just another stupid hoax.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Given the cheeky "You'll love the preorder" followed by the stock dragon emoji, part of me wonders if they're not going to stall until Dracthyr and Evoker are in a serviceable place and make them playable for pre-orders in 9.2.5.

Feels kind of unlikely though, so we'll see.

Edit: Missed where RSG said it's something other than Dracthyr. Whatever it is will probably be neutral for fairness' sake, so I feel like that precludes Darkfallen since there's no way the Alliance would vibe with that.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-04-21 at 06:44 AM.

Night Elves

Blood Elves

Nightborne

Void Elves

Drac'thyr Male Elves

Darkfallen

Please, no more Elves ffs

even toweliee said early 2023 is way too early and he has lunch with those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    I saw that one too.

Around that time, the community had already guessed that the class would be Evoker and Scaleface had just posted his picture and some people were guessing draconic names for the race. They possibly had already called out Dracthyr in the thread when that guy made his post on 4chan.

He probably just read Evoker and Dracthyr in the MMO-Champion thread and thought, let's give it a shot and throw out more information.

The "leak" says Dragonflight Covenant. Was anything like this shown?
    Yes, zone factions will use a Covenant like rep system instead of the classic bar filling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matticus777 View Post
    Night Elves

Blood Elves

Nightborne

Void Elves

Drac'thyr Male Elves

Darkfallen

Darkfallen would counter drac'thyr with undead human males and undead high elf females. But yes I'm in this camp...

Unless its naga I still want my naga and dont give a damn

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves

Blood Elves

Nightborne

Void Elves

Drac'thyr Male Elves

Darkfallen

Sorry, but we're on a planet composed mostly of Elves, Humans, and Trolls as the majority races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    What even imply that is going to be yet again another focking elf? just because sylvanus cinematic?

Event the tuskkar is 500% better than another crappy elf reskin
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-21 at 07:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post

“Okay, so
    @Gurzog

Sooooo.... Darkfallen?

I hope there are more than just 1 allied race being offered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What even imply that is going to be yet again another focking elf? just because sylvanus cinematic?

Event he tuskkar is 500% better than another crappy elf reskin
    I don't remember all the details but basically the same theories that lead to the idea that the class would be dark ranger...encrypted files and such

Im expecting many, many allied races, all extremely diverse:

Red Elves
    Blue Elves
    Short Elves
    Fat Elves
    Poor Elves
    Rich Elves
    Left handed Elves
    Elves named Bruce
    Elves with regular ears but still totally Elves
    Elves that love bananas
    Elves that are not fond of Bananas
    Elves that are indifferent to Bananas

You know, diverse and varied new allied races. All ready to fight whichever temporary horde leader that will do horrible things then get spared and parked until a later date.

- - - Updated - - -

Night Elves

Blood Elves

Nightborne

Void Elves

Drac'thyr Male Elves

Darkfallen

Missed your post - great minds think alike I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Given the cheeky "You'll love the preorder" followed by the stock dragon emoji, part of me wonders if they're not going to stall until Dracthyr and Evoker are in a serviceable place and make them playable for pre-orders in 9.2.5.
    That was exactly what I thought as well. Makes sense since both Demon Hunter and Allied Races were preorder early access bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yes, zone factions will use a Covenant like rep system instead of the classic bar filling.
    Where was that said or shown?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    even toweliee said early 2023 is way too early and he has lunch with those guys.
    Towellie also said 10.0 was going to be 'very, very different' and it turned out to be completely wrong, so no, he doesn't eat lunch with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Towellie also said 10.0 was going to be 'very, very different' and it turned out to be completely wrong, so no, he doesn't eat lunch with them.
    Yeah, we can stop listening to Tow now. Its literally not different.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    10.0 is very different, in fact. As far as we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Event the tuskkar is 500% better than another crappy elf reskin
    Heck yeah, more elves! WOOO you got such a hate boner for elves kekw xD