Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard: No TBC era servers. Everyone will be forced to WoTLK.

Production director Patrick Dawson to IGN:

this time there won't be an option to keep characters in The Burning Crusade expansion. Everyone who's already in Burning Crusade must move on to Wrath of the Lich King.

Fortunately, Dawson says that not many people currently in Burning Crusade want to stick around in that expansion anyway.

"People want to experience certain eras of WoW in the progression style that is meaningful, and Burning Crusade has done that," he says. "I think there are opportunities in the future to look at different seasonal content we can provide to people who are looking [to] revisit BC or… revisit Classic again. It's something we're always keeping an eye on to see what we could do."
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2022-04-21 at 07:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Well Id like to know if its gonna be the same with wotlk, I dont want to play if im gonna be forced to go cata afterwards

Because a server with 5 people on it would be a fun experience.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Yeah i do understand them here. BC was fun but that is it. Same with classic servers.

The should, after they are in MoP, start from the beginning again in a slightly faster cadance with staggered servers.

So server who go through classic to mop forever. But 2 different chains. When the first batch fo server is mid Wotlk they should start the second batch with classic.

I don't really see why we should keep classic servers forever. Its not like there are many people still laying it.
    With the different Expansion chain servers they can add stuff to change it up a bit like they did it with Season of Mastery

They've probably learned what happened after the Classic Era servers (not season of mastery). Those original classic servers are absolutely dead now (atleast on EU) because everybody wanted to move onto TBC. No reason to suggest the same thing wouldn't happen again with the TBC servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Prob there will be relaunch of TBC with SOME changes.

There really is no need to have that many different versions of WoW. I expect that they will do a Season of Mastery for TBC at some point if there is enough interest, better for everyone to start fresh rather than having to choose where your character is moving which didn't work out the first time.

I envision a world where we have many seasons of each popular expansion going. So you can just hop into your preferred one when you get the itch. They'll likely continue with exp buffs and QoL changes for them, so catchup will be easier. I for one will lock myself away in WotLK classic until they do MoP!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Seems obvious?

TBC has 0 replay value, once you finish SWP that's it. The reasons Vanilla/classic get era servers is because Vanilla has REPLAY VALUE, the BG ladder system is what will always keep those servers alive. Even after Naxx is out you can still keep trying to get HWL on multiple classes

Oh yeah TBC has arena....so does wotlk? Classic vanilla offers what no other expansion can offer with it's BG ladder system

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Prob there will be relaunch of TBC with SOME changes.
    I'd assume Season of Mastery TBC might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have at least 1 server for every expansion at least as a "museum". There are also plenty of people that want to stick to tbc to populate at least 1 server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Seems obvious?

TBC has 0 replay value
    Why would other people play tbc private servers for years if that is the case ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    They should have at least 1 server for every expansion at least as a "museum". There are also plenty of people that want to stick to tbc to populate at least 1 server.

- - - Updated - - -

Well TBC private servers were always fresh, which we most likely will see SoM for TBC too.
    They just need to find a good place for the SoM characters to go to, not sure how viable of a solution retail is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-22 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topic

Sounds good. Seasonal TBC server is all I wish for

Not surprising. Classic era realms were doa and very few people would likely be willing to pay to xfer characters to TBC ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    How many of those are permanently stuck at SWP?

- - - Updated - - -

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-22 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Removed Forbidden Topic

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Wait , wait , wait. WTF. You are joking right? This ain't funny. I actually paid money for my transfer and want to stay in TBC with my character. This better be a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd assume Season of Mastery TBC might happen.
    Ok, but why is only Classic/Vanilla getting to keep/transfer characters over? Are they out of money for servers? I am actually surprised.

Imagine a Master Seasonal server that goes through all the expansions...

Seasons Last a year lets say and every new season itll be like OG Launch of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    So basically retail experience in a nutshell. Btw they enable sharding on those servers so it is not 5 people.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Well Id like to know if its gonna be the same with wotlk, I dont want to play if im gonna be forced to go cata afterwards
    There wont be cata classic servers. This Addon was disliked to much.