Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    He didn’t go with us, he couldn’t help. He was very clear about that, and that that was his absolute fate he’s seen, which is why he couldn’t be part of it. The reason it’s called End Time, all paths lead to that point.

The reason he’s missing is because he’s dead, or the consequences of that are that’s what causes him to go insane and become Murozond. Either way, there is no Nozdormu.
    What do you mean he didn't go with us? He couldn't help, yes, but that doesn't mean he wasn't present. He has a whole monologue at the end of the dungeon in front of his own corpse once we defeat Murozond.

Nozdormu could be dead, but there's nothing and no one explicitly confirming his death at this point, so there's no reason to presume he's dead or has already gone to start the time loop that ends with his death in the End Time.

Well I'm not looking for a 'lore gotcha', I'm happy to be corrected. I'd actually be happy to see Nozdormu again, but as far as I'm aware since Cataclysm he's been busy being dead and/or insane outside of time.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no indication that End Time was actually all that far in the future, Dragonblight obviously looks much the same. His fate is sealed, then and there, that much we do know.

So yes, my view is that the loss of his Aspect powers, plus seeing himself killed, are good cause to see that his being missing are that he's off becoming Murozond. All in, that would actually make him a sensible antagonist for the expansion.
    As there is absolutly no indication for that this is just fan-canon nothing more. There is no reason to believe he is his endtime version allready. The problem here is that Murozon is apparantly believed to do what what did because he wants to prevent womething worse. Ring any bells?^^ I don't think they will go down THAT road again in the near future.

He didn’t go with us, he couldn’t help. He was very clear about that, and that that was his absolute fate he’s seen, which is why he couldn’t be part of it. The reason it’s called End Time, all paths lead to that point.

The reason he’s missing is because he’s dead, or the consequences of that are that’s what causes him to go insane and become Murozond. Either way, there is no Nozdormu.
    Rewatch the cinematic to when Deathwing is killed. He's right there, in his humanoid form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBK2YNLV6ek

He's the first NPC you see on the ground at the start and again you see him to the left of Alexstraza at ~20 seconds. He's NOT dead.

The End Time has not happened yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm not looking for a 'lore gotcha', I'm happy to be corrected. I'd actually be happy to see Nozdormu again, but as far as I'm aware since Cataclysm he's been busy being dead and/or insane outside of time.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no indication that End Time was actually all that far in the future, Dragonblight obviously looks much the same. His fate is sealed, then and there, that much we do know.

So yes, my view is that the loss of his Aspect powers, plus seeing himself killed, are good cause to see that his being missing are that he's off becoming Murozond. All in, that would actually make him a sensible antagonist for the expansion.
    If he were the antagonist, he'd be partially carrying the expansion. So, to your original post....your own head canon may have answered your own question? Possibly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If he were the antagonist, he'd be partially carrying the expansion. So, to your original post....your own head canon may have answered your own question? Possibly?
    Possibly? Almost like I posted a question on a forum looking for a discussion about something, and it ended up leading to a possible answer. How about that?

Discussion on a discussion forum, who knew? Just insane how antagonistic it had to be.

Possibly? Almost like I posted a question on a forum looking for a discussion about something, and it ended up leading to a possible answer. How about that?

Discussion on a discussion forum, who knew? Just insane how antagonistic it had to be.
    That post wasn't meant to be antagonistic. It was in reference to the fact that we don't know what will happen or who the antagonist actually is. It's possible it is Murazond. Hence the "possibly."

I find your comment about it ironic though, you're commenting about the discussion being antagonistic while you yourself are being antagonizing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In Cataclysm, we killed him (Murozond) in End Time dungeon because he’d gone crazy.

Kalec is boring, Ebonhorn was relevant for one quest line, Wrathion is an utter jerk, and Chromie is busy being Chromie.
    From the front page (https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...t-Interviews):

The fact that Nozdormu knows that he will transform into Murozond at some point weighs heavily on high mind and he's having trouble clearly seeing the time ways right now

So no, he’s not dead and we will see him in Dragonflight

- - - Updated - - -

Ok but we already know he's just there in the expansion. so wtf are you on about

- - - Updated - - -

Calm down. There's nothing wrong with being incorrect.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    From the front page (https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...t-Interviews):

The fact that Nozdormu knows that he will transform into Murozond at some point weighs heavily on high mind and he's having trouble clearly seeing the time ways right now

So no, he’s not dead and we will see him in Dragonflight
    I think it's an inevitability. He's been employing PCs to delay the turn as much as possible: The CoT dungeons, End Time and preventing the Cataclysm. But some expansion plot point we're going to be unable to prevent and he's finally going to become Murozond.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

The last 6 years proved we shouldn't rely on pre-existing characters to convey a story anyway. They become overexposed and we get fatigue. An exploration based expansion sounds like a better bet for establishing new ideas. Blizzard tends to make new interesting characters and do nothing with them, or at least ignore them in favor of stupid shit (Denathrius vs. Zovaal).

He was absent before Cata as well, and he turned out to be fine. So that's not anything definite. Seems he just does that a lot. Of course, we do know he will eventually go crazy.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked the character of Alexstrasza. Seems to me like one of the few truly benevolent, genuinely good people in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know how Murozond ends.

But we don't know how he begins.

Nozdormu, Ysera, Malygos, Sindragosa, Korialstrasz. All the coolest dragons are dead. Who’s left to actually carry this expansion from the Dragons’ side? Feels like it’s just Alexstrasza, though last I remember of her she got fed up with everyone and fucked off.
    Nozdormu is a time-travel character, which means that unless he gets hard erased from all of existense there always is a chance of running into him. Same goes for basically all Bronze/infinite dragons. Overall tho this xpac is likely going to be backpeddling on the abuse Dragons have received over past several expansions like the infertility, depowerment, etc.