Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    It says nowhere it needs to have 2 specs either.

It says nowhere it needs to exist at all.

People need to ask for more content, and not be happy with getting less and less. That's how you end up with expansions that only have 4 zones. Why should they give you more than 4 zones if you are all happy with 4 zones? Why put in more work when half-assing it does the trick as well? They take longer and longer to design content, prices go up, and amount of content goes down.
    I literally just watched Hazel's interview with Ion where he admitted they want to add housing but don't have the resources for it.

Just wishing for something doesn't make it real. The game does not have the funding it used to have. It's the slow death from here onwards unless they manage to turn things around.

So, yeah, i wish i could have the 4 micro classes, the housing, the class skins, the revamped zones, etc. But, the fact is they can't do it. It will require a change of paradigm where we are willing to skip a new raid to have these features come in. This may happen in the future as season 4 is the testing grounds for this.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-04-21 at 11:51 AM.

This will likely be an unpopular opinion but I believe a lot of classes should actually be reduced to 2 specs as they already feel like having 3 is being stretched

In an ideal world I'd love to see 2 specs per class unless DPS/heal/tank hybrid class and the talent trees allow you to flesh out your character instead of a designated "spec"

It's Blizzard's when you look at Dragonflight's lukewarm reception.
    Was it really lukewarm?

I'm not the one disappointing the players.
    You're just disappointing yourself.

I can live without a melee dps or tank dragon.
    Apparently you can't, considering you just won't stop harping on how Blizzard should've made a melee and/or tank spec for this obviously ranged spellcasting class.

Again, this is nothing but a you problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you just bitching for the sake of bitching? Who cares if its 1,2 or 3 specs? Just enjoy the addition to the game quit being such Debbie Downers fucking hell.

They shouldn't just force a 3rd spec in for no reason. If it doesn't make sense and it doesn't add anything to the game having 3 specs is utterly useless.

Demon Hunter, for example, doesn't need a 3rd spec because there isn't one that would make sense. The two have they fit perfectly, forcing in a 3rd spec just for the sake of having 3 specs would have been stupid.

People are weird. The goal should be adding fun content, not adding content just for the sake of it. If the class functions and is fun with two specs, that's all it should have, period. If there's room for a 3rd spec and it would make the class more fun, sure, but if all it's going to do is make for two specs that both feel kind of incomplete then it should just be merged into one spec, which appears to be what happened with the Evoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    At the time, they weren't faced with massive budget cuts and a whole host of internal production issues that complicated everything.

In an ideal world, Shadowlands would've had a new class and a bunch of new Allied races to go with as well.
    Maybe English isn't Ersula's primary language, so I think it should be noted that "considering something" doesn't mean "promising it will happen".

7+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop pretending like this is a problem, just because they heard somebody else say it, and feel like parroting it makes them look smart. You just come across as someone who can't think for himself.
    Except this literally is a fucking problem you run into ALL THE TIME while raiding and M+

"Oh our group is 3 melee dps, this aint gunna go well"

"Oh our raid only has 3 ranged dps and 7 melee... this aint gunna go well"

Its something people experiance thousands of times every single day in the world of pugging and even organized guilds.

the game is made around a raid having equal range to melee, or even MORE ranged then melee.

yet because of there being more melee specs then ranged you commonly run into groups with more melee then ranged, and thats bad.

you are literally just covering your ears and fucking screaming "ALLALALA I CANT HEAR YOU LAOALAL" right now with how much you are trying to pretend it is not a problem when it is.

next you are gunna try to convince everyone here that the alliance side is not dying and the horde side is not the only side that can really do competitive raiding and they should in fact NOT add cross faction in 9.2.5 because its not a problem and people are just making it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Oh, my naive friend.
    Tank players still gonna play Tank classes.
    Melee DD players still gonna play melee DD.
    Ranged DD players still gonna play ranged DD, but they now has NEW option to chose from, same goes for healers.

There not gonna be MAGICAL moment when all give up on their preferred roles and flock to new RANGED class, at best 20-30%... miniscule in grand scale, and after a months... most people gonna go back to their mains. Or you for real think that with addition of this class, melee DDs will become extinct?
    Yes, there is that magical moment, its called finding a spec they enjoy more.

that is literally how it works, and ive seen hundreds of people do it.
    "Hey your video on X spec convinced me, im gunan swap to it"
    "Oh hey this new class came out, can i swap to it and play Y spec? Please raid leader?"
    "I am gearing up my Z alt so i can eventually swap to it"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    In Legion alpha or beta there were remnants of a third spec datamined that was some kind of caster using 2h weapons. Nobody really knows if it was supposed to be a dps or a healer because there were only a few abilities linked to it and some were dots and some were were healing so could've been either one.

As for the general idea of a class with only 2 specs, I'm OK with that and in the end it's better if they add only 2 specs instead of 3 if one spec is garbage. When they changed survival for lots of people hunter went from a 3 spec class to a 2 spec class because only a handful of people want to play the new survival. So better give us evoker with dps and healer and scrap tank and make both dps and healer distinct and competitive enough so people want to keep playing those specs.
    no there wasnt... where did you get this info from?
    There was never a third spec for demon hunter in the works
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I can see both sides of it. WoW is a min maxers game always was likely always will be so making multiple dos specs outside of a pvp/pve split usually is wasted resources.

That said it does add some variety during an expansion as certain specs become stronger with more gear or balance changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    At the time, they weren't faced with massive budget cuts and a whole host of internal production issues that complicated everything.

In an ideal world, Shadowlands would've had a new class and a bunch of new Allied races to go with as well.
    do you have a source for this btw, cause i asked them and they didnt respond, so its safe to say they made it the fuck up, cause i have never seen anything of blizz saying they will open them to more races.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1. We also have enough ranged dps and healers. There was no need for any class at all. Classes are put into the game cause it's fun to have something new. Not because we need more of them.

2. The argument from people is that having more melee dps specs than ranged dps specs leads to having too many melees in a raid, and it gets really cluttered around the boss and raid groups already have to be designed in a way where they don't take too many melees.

But whenever the tank problem is being brought up and the old story comes up of Blizzard designing more tank classes in the hopes that that solves the tank shortage problem, people point out that more tank classes doesn't actually equal more people playing tank. Ok. I think that's probably true. So then what is the problem with for example having another tank spec on this class? Doesn't mean more people will play tanks. So the argument that "we have enough melee specs already" is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many you have.
    Easy to say that when every new class added to the game has been melee. And as far as the tank issue goes, adding more tank classes doesn't do much to address the problem when the problem is most people don't want to tank, not that there aren't enough tanking options.

We are long overdue for a new ranged class IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't think every class needs a spec (no idea how to make a third spec for DHs that differentiates itself from the other two. Bow wielding DHs?), but there is definitely a lack of new classes/specs being added to WoW in general. Guild Wars 2 has added 27 new specs since launch, and FFXIV has 17 combat jobs. FFXIV and GW2 have been running for half the time WoW does, and yet WoW has only added a mere 3 classes. Blizzard definitely is lazy.
    I'd give Demon Hunters a ranged dps spec themed around throwing their glaives. I think it would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Maybe English isn't Ersula's primary language, so I think it should be noted that "considering something" doesn't mean "promising it will happen".
    In context, how could you call out someone 'considering somrthing' for lying?

It'd only be lying if you could prove they never considered it at all, and I made a point that they may still have considered it but were unable to do anything about it because of 'recent circumstances'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    You can only play one spec at a time, quit your bitching.
    Fantastic input. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The game does not have the funding it used to have.
    They are extracting more money than ever out of the playerbase. The game's price has increased over the last years, they still charge a sub and they extract money from players through microtransactions like mounts, pets, toys, transmogs, level boosts and services. They have digital deluxe editions with virtual items that go up in price to like 80€. That should more than make up for the loss of players over the years.

Sorry, this is not a small indie company.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Yes, it does feel like it's the second half of Demon Hunters people were asking for. I'm not entirely against a sort of archetype race.

But it does tell us when they said they were "considering opening up Demon Hunters to new races" they were lying. They're now embracing the idea of more classes, like Dark Ranger or Tinker, at the expense of making them less unique.

Flavor-wise, Evoker is not largely different from a Mage. Who's going to want to play mage when Evoker is an option?
    Considering something then deciding not to does not make someone a liar.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Didn't demon hunter third spec was scrapped? Wasn't it ranged spec?
    It was because it woudl be too close to the warlock and they felt they could do more with it in 2 specs rather than 3.

I'm still waiting for Illidari warlocks for the night elf warlock option who would start in the demon hunter area and just phrased as spell casting demon hunters - essentially the warlock class with default green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Maybe not mentioned before, the model would have to be way less dragon looking if it was a melee.
    Nonsense. Dragons are perfect for melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think the game has way too many specs at this point actually.
    Ok, then why add 2 more to the game then? This is a self-defeating argument. You can't make the claim that 3 more specs would be bad for the game, but 2 more are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vozzek View Post
    So your issue has nothing to do with there being 3 specs. You want a melee dps spec or a tank spec. Period. Just say that instead of arguing about there being a precedent.
    It's both.

So please stop defending this and at least come up with good arguments. If you don't like tank specs, stick to the ranged specs of the class.
    The game doesn't need any more specs, it already has too many. And adding more is an exponential cost problem.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I do. I don't see how forcing more specs into a class should make them better.
    What a nonsensical comment.

More content = better

Why even have 2 specs? Why not just 1? Why should 2 be better than 1?

All you're doing is allowing Blizzard to design less content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    No 3rd spec is fine, you can't use all 3 at once, people need to get over it.
    Another nonsensical argument. You can't use all 3 specs at once? What kind of argument do you think you are making with this? Ok, you can't use all 2 specs at once either. Do you not understand the concept of specs? The point of specs is to customize your character. To make sure different people playing the same class feel a little bit different when playing it. It gives you variety. You play this spec today, and maybe try something else out tomorrow. You switch from one spec to another in a dungeon to provide flexibility when for example the tank left.

Seriously I will stop engaging now with comments that sound like the person, who made them, hasn't invested enough thought into them.

This does kinda feel like a complaint for the sake of complaining when we don't even know much about how the 2 specs are gonna work in practice. Not every new class needs to do every role, and forcing an extra spec that doesn't fit the class concept can make the entire package worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i have character (actualy more than one) of every class, i dont think there is a class i play all 3 specs on actively... one or two, depending on class, so why would i mind that new class have "only" 2 specs? if someone doesnt like it they are free to play one of the 10 classes that have 3 specs or druid with 4, thats plenty to choose from....

honestly some classes would be imo better with 2 specs than with 3, warlock would be absolutely fine with 2 specs, one affi for dots, one with direct damage, both with a bit more demon focus...
    The point isn't for you personally to always play all specs. There's always certain specs anyone will not like. I barely play healing specs. I especially dislike Priest and especially Discipline. I'm not a big fan of the Monk at most times.

The point isn't for you to like everything, it's to provide variety. That is the whole point of introducing new races and classes to begin with.

Why do I have to explain simple things.