Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ackero View Post
    But this is a fact. Dracthyr visage form are not humans or elves, but the special new form of race, that's only use their rigs and animations. Nothing more.
    Pure copium, their visage form is a straight up male blood elf and a human female.

Is not a new form or race, the race is the dragon form, they ASSUME a humanoid form, that is an elf/human.

It's like saying that Broken Draenei are Taurens (they share same rigs/anims) or Jinyu are Night Elves and Saberons are Worgens.
    No its not, its a false equivalence, you can see a draenei and a tauren and say they are different. the humanoid form is straigh tup a male elf and a female human.

They even don't have elvish/human ears that normally would be the most recognizable feature of them for being identyfying as humans or elves.
    Are you serious with me? they literally have point ears that you find in elves

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Are you serious with me? they literally have point ears that you find in elves
    Pointy, but not elvish, but dragonish. And male and female have the same. So then human form is elf in fact? You can see that they features are very specific. Only pose and body shape is taken rom elf and human races. Anyway they HAD TO pick an existing race for those model. Making them from a scratch would be a waste of resources. Making multiple (like gnomish/orcish/trollish etc eppeance) would be a waste of resources as well. They picked BE one for male and Human for female becouse they seems to be most fitting as a base for Dracthyr visage. And based on popularity of BE, which I personally don't like either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i3ackero View Post
    Pointy, but not elvish, but dragonish.
    Dragons don't have ears, they are reptiles

they are elvish ears

They picked BE one for male and Human for female becouse they seems to be most fitting as a base for Dracthyr visage. And based on popularity of BE, which I personally don't like either.
    And that is the problem, its bad, the dragons can turn in what they want, we should do the same

No one is asking then to remove what its done, just to add other options.

Here's hoping that they open it up to more races for the visage form:

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, they really chose the ugliest examples for the visage.

My visage is going to be as plain-jane as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It would be an alternate out-of-combat form. Doesnt need new animations, or even new customizations. Chromie doesnt have dragon horns in her Gnome form.
    I think thats what feels so weird about this tacky looking mortal form. Is that the lower effort option would actually give us more options AND feel more lore accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post

That dwarf genuinely looks sick as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the goal guys;

So their design choice makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Panda Star Knight View Post
    First off: I love the Drakthyr, and I love the concept of Evokers. I liked the reveal all around.

My only complaint is the visages: why are female Drakthyr limited to female humans and male Drakthyr limited to male elves?

We have various examples of dragons masquerading as various races: we have Chromie, we have Ebonhorn. There's speculation that Cho, or at least one of his ancestors may have been a dragon, as his family tree in that one Horde quest has a few of his ancestors wearing Bronze Dragonflight tabards.

While I understand that applying those cosmetics to all races would've been a MASSIVE undertaking, it still would've been cool to have more choice in the matter. Perhaps just the core races at the very least.

Thoughts?
    Did they officially say it would only be human females and male elves? Or is that just what we got to see? It is possible that the intention is to have humans, night elves, blood elves and Zandalari gain the cusotomisations.. Which arguably are the 4 most desirable game models. It would kinda be like Evoker's actually being 4 races if you think about it. And if they add more customisable humanoid versions down the line from other races, it would be like Evoker's being more races.

They wouldn't want to be too many, cos it would feel like a free race change via one class. So I think they'd just be 4. Human, Night elf, Blood elf and Zandalari. These also would be the 4 races the dragons are most familiar with. Humans off course in resemblance to the titan creators, Night elves ofc the race their sires spent millennia pondering the mysteries of the universe with in the kaldorei empire, Thalassian elves, the off shoot of the night elves and Zandalari trolls, also once the most prevalent race on the planet during the Troll empire.

Great work! Had hoped people would PS these kinds of things up to stir the pot

also, to OP.
    I'm genuinely confused why it seems right now, that they aren't at least allowing BE Females and Human Males..

I mean look at Kalec's new model. I'd be MUCH more inclined to play a Dracthyr with a Human Male rig.

and considering Ysera/Alex and so many others have had Blood Elf Female rigs in the past- surely that's what more players want too?

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

If you do one of these for female Pandaren I will be eternally grateful. Good work!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This is the goal guys;

So their design choice makes sense.
    This is the shit goal lol, those shit barely look warcraft, and again, don't make sense

If you want and like then, play then, let other people do what want

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    I'm genuinely confused why it seems right now, that they aren't at least allowing BE Females and Human Males..
    Lazyness, one model for each to cut costs, and pretend is "a new race"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This is the shit goal lol, those shit barely look warcraft, and again, don't make sense
    Really? It looks like Wrathion with horns;

It's one of my main concerns for them as a "dragon race" overall. I want to play a chonky black dragon, why would I choose a slender elf-like humanoid over a Taure, Kul Tiras Human, or Pandaren as a visage? Besides, we already have one "elves with extra body modification" class in Demon Hunters, that does the job. I do hope we will be able to chose any playable race as a visage for the Drakthyr. If they lack extra body modifications and/or are limited only to the faction the character is allied with, it still would be fine imho.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

First off: I love the Drakthyr, and I love the concept of Evokers. I liked the reveal all around.

My only complaint is the visages: why are female Drakthyr limited to female humans and male Drakthyr limited to male elves?
    Good question. I do not know much about them but I understand they were created by Neltharion when he was still Neltharion. Depending on how close that was to the creation, even elves and humans are wrong and they should be trolls and vrykul.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really? It looks like Wrathion with horns;
    Like i said, not everyone want to be like that, and forcing players to be like that is a bad move.

Wrathion only came recently, so he can buzz off

At least give me this too, so i can pick instead of a twink elf:

Have they officially announced that it's locked to certain races for the visage? It could be they just haven't fleshed out the system yet.
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Have they officially announced that it's locked to certain races for the visage? It could be they just haven't fleshed out the system yet.

Yep

Blizzplanet interview

They state it’s because they can add a lot more customizations if it’s just 2 races

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Yes, they confirmed.

The lame excuse is that "they are not elves or humans, they are their own humanoid form' and "since we wanted to do a lot of hair colors we can't make it for other races"

Basically, the devs wanted to be wrathion and alextraza and fuck the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    They state it’s because they can add a lot more customizations if it’s just 2 races
    And a lot of people would be completely fine with less customizations, or none, if they could be other races

If you do one of these for female Pandaren I will be eternally grateful. Good work!
    I don't know why I did this. The fur/scales made it hard/weird!