Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just noticed something we all missed.....

....do Envokers even use weapons? Didn't see any in the clips they shared. They were just straight Moonkin casting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    ....do Envokers even use weapons? Didn't see any in the clips they shared. They were just straight Moonkin casting.
    Most likely treated like moonkins when dragon form, and humanoid form then has the weapon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Most likely treated like moonkins when dragon form, and humanoid form then has the weapon.
    yeah but what weapons? The logical guess would be the same as mages. Just thought it was weird that information isn't anywhere and it looks like we all collectively overlooked it

I seriously hope we can see armor and their weapon on them. It's also different than moonkin in that at least there you can choose to remain out of moonkin form. I doubt that you will be able to fly around in human form breathing fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost positive your weapon will not be visible in combat. That makes sense. It would look kind of dumb to have a staff sticking out of your back while your flying around blasting targets with fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but what weapons? The logical guess would be the same as mages. Just thought it was weird that information isn't anywhere and it looks like we all collectively overlooked it
    I feel like it'll be just like Mages, maybe Maces added.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

1h maces would fit for the healing aspect. Beyond that, probably staves and 1h swords + offhand. Can't think of another that works off the top of my head. If they had a melee version, I'd say fist weapons, but without that I'm not so sure.

I'm guess a superset of mages and priests. So staves, 1h swords, 1h maces daggers and off-hands.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I wonder if they might go the route of DH's and add a new weapon type that only Evokers can use. I could see them using a Magic Source of some kind that they don't actually have to hold. Though I guess that's something they'd have mentioned in the announcement.

It'll probably be standard caster weapons, maybe with new ways of holding/sheathing them that just aren't ready to be shown yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, kinda odd. I imagine they'll all be stat sticks. Or maybe they can only wield unarmed weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm almost positive your weapon will not be visible in combat. That makes sense. It would look kind of dumb to have a staff sticking out of your back while your flying around blasting targets with fire.
    to be fair, all weapons on casters looks stupid, as there are no "channel through the weapon" casting animations. They're stat sticks we can walk around with, not actually use

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I seriously hope we can see armor and their weapon on them. It's also different than moonkin in that at least there you can choose to remain out of moonkin form. I doubt that you will be able to fly around in human form breathing fire.
    Yeah, how do Evoker tier sets work? I mean they won't be visible during combat? Uhm...

I know feral Druids do have the same issue, but... really? It's quite lazy.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I wonder if they might go the route of DH's and add a new weapon type that only Evokers can use. I could see them using a Magic Source of some kind that they don't actually have to hold. Though I guess that's something they'd have mentioned in the announcement.

It'll probably be standard caster weapons, maybe with new ways of holding/sheathing them that just aren't ready to be shown yet.
    That would be cool. I can imagine something like an elemental orb that hovers above the user's hand with a particle effect that surrounds the user. Or something similar to the MoP legendary cloak effect, a sigil of sorts that floats on the user's back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, how do Evoker tier sets work? I mean they won't be visible during combat? Uhm...

During combat? Do you guys really pay attention to your armor during actual combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    to be fair, all weapons on casters looks stupid, as there are no "channel through the weapon" casting animations.
    Well, "no" is an overstatement, there's Shadow's Void Torrent and Ele's Stormkeeper.

But there needs to be an option (e.g. selectable at the Barbershop or future class customization system) to channel spells through your weapon, even if it's as simple as putting the weapon in your hand and attaching the spell effect to the weapon's enchantment "focus" (where enchantment/illusion effects originate from) instead of your hand.

Read somewhere that at least Helm, Shoulders and some other slots remain visible in Dracthyr Form.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I seriously hope we can see armor and their weapon on them.
    I believe in an interview somewhere they mentioned that you can at least show shoulder armor, belt, and tabard if I'm recalling correctly, though I don't have a link to that interview on hand. Still wish it was more than that but better than nothing I guess.

probably just stat sticks, tbh

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    We were told that they fight "using breath, claw and magic", so I doubt we'll see them use actual weapons.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The upside of them being Race exclusive is that tier sets can be designed around the skeleton to look proper. New mail armour will also (hopefully) be designed to work with them, we can see them wearing armour in the reveal as opposed to not in the creation screen.

People are comparing them to Druids when they should be comparing them to Worgen. I imagine old world armour sets will look just as silly on Drac'thyr as they do on Worgen or Kul Tiran.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    The upside of them being Race exclusive is that tier sets can be designed around the skeleton to look proper. New mail armour will also (hopefully) be designed to work with them, we can see them wearing armour in the reveal as opposed to not in the creation screen.

People are comparing them to Druids when they should be comparing them to Worgen. I imagine old world armour sets will look just as silly on Drac'thyr as they do on Worgen or Kul Tiran.
    I'm pretty sure the armor we've seen on Dracthyr characters is just a cosmetic toggle in the barbershop, not actual gear.