View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the final boss of Dragonflight?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Galakrond

31 29.25%
  • Murozond

43 40.57%
  • Chromatus

14 13.21%
  • Revived Deathwing

4 3.77%
  • Unknown evil dragon

3 2.83%
  • Xal'atath

2 1.89%
  • Revived Y'Shaarj

2 1.89%
  • Unknown Old God

0 0%
  • Corrupted Titan-forged

2 1.89%
  • Azshara

1 0.94%
  • Zovaal

4 3.77%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've killed a baby Titan (Argus)
    We've defeated a Titan+ level entity (Sire Denathrius)
    We've defeated a Titan++ level entity (Zovaal)

........And now people think we settle with smacking up a Titan------------------------------------------ level entity (Galakrond)???
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2022-04-21 at 05:37 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Murozond for sure.

They said it's another MoP situation where the boss won't be known until the end.

I have a feeling Nozzy will be going through a heel turn arc.

Galakrond could be brought back somehow for sure but won't be the final boss. Same for chromatus.
    Why would Murozond be a better candidate than Galakrond or Chromatus? He's weaker than both of those dragons. Not to mention that we have already beaten him once in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Why would Murozond be a better candidate than Galakrond or Chromatus? He's weaker than both of those dragons. Not to mention that we have already beaten him once in a dungeon.
    Gala and chrom are just big brutes not worth having the title of final boss. They fit the penultimate spots if anything.

Weaker doesn't mean doesn't make a good final boss. I seriously doubt garrosh was stronger than arthas, deathwing, kiljaeden, etc and yet he was the final boss for MoP.

Plus we're talking about a possible reempower aspect of time, that's pretty formidable if you ask me.

When we defeat Muro in end time Nozzy states that he will turn to corruption in time and we will defeat him so his time will probably come now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    It was pretty obvious he was going to be the last boss as soon as crucible came out
    Eh, that sounds like justification via hindsight. Old Gods pop-up pretty often, but that doesn't mean the expansion is *about* them or that they're going to be the end-boss (an end-boss usually being related to the expansion in question). It'd be equally odd if WotLK ended with Yogg-Saron, or Legion ended with Kozumoth, or TBC ended with the summoned Old God in Shadowmoon Valley. WotLK wasn't about Yogg-Saron (despite him being a raid boss in the middle of the expansion), it would about the Lich King, and he was the final boss of the expansion centered around him. The same wasn't true of Uu'nat in the Crucible raid, which was pretty much a 2-boss filler raid - BfA was about the Horde/Alliance conflict, the final raid should've been focused on that or on the immediate threat to Azeroth as concerns the Wound. Would've made more sense if Sylvanas was the last boss, or possibly some demonic aspect or entity stemming from Sargeras' sword embedded into Silithus.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-21 at 06:08 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Murozond for sure.

They said it's another MoP situation where the boss won't be known until the end.

I have a feeling Nozzy will be going through a heel turn arc.

Galakrond could be brought back somehow for sure but won't be the final boss. Same for chromatus.
    Galakrond makes a lot of sense as a second raid tier boss tbh. The first raid tier are his newly reawoken lost long cult followers. They might find a way to rez him before they die. 2nd tier Galakrond.

If there are 4 tiers the 3rd tier makes sense as a breather more light hearted tier, and then timey wimey tier in a zone either in past or future with a time raid and moruzond.

If murozond is the last boss we can't kill him cause we know he dies in end time.

I think Murozond is the most likely of those mentioned (particularly since they've made a point of bringing up infinite dragons several times), but I'm giving my vote to Ragnaros. We're talking about resurfacing elemental energy and we know the Dark Irons were resurrecting him and we'll be dealing with elemental drakes, so I envision an elemental lord resurgence during the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    If murozond is the last boss we can't kill him cause we know he dies in end time.
    This is true, but we also didn't kill Garrosh at the end of MoP.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    That could actually make a lot of sense, galakrond is straight bones now, sure some necromancy could come into play or some time magic reversing his demise but actually traveling back to the original flight with nozdormu changing sides and fighting US off could be pretty epic.

Murizond simply isnt a big enough bad on his own, we already beat him in Cata in a dungeon chain, making him the biggest bad is meh imo, but allowing him to bring out the biggest bad would make a ton of sense.
    Murozond COULD however indeed to some timey-whimey and thus bring back Galakrond, or Alternate Galakrond for that matter.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I believe the Redshirt Guy's prediction on this based on the April 16 leak. Murozond makes sense with Salandria's return to the main plot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    I think that the last boss won't be a dragon. My bet goes to something Void related that will tie us into the next expansion.

Edit: I change my prediction to Azshara, turned into an Old God.
    I'd also love some good ol' OG cherry on top of the dragon cake. Besides, we already had void-corrupted dragons in BfA's last tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I hope its wrathion that guys such a cunt. Like father like son history repeats itself

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

I hope its not Murozond. Unless they do a huge retcon, or he escapes at the end of his encounter, we know his fate, we kill him in End Time. Unless this expansion ends with "the breaking of time" as a way to explain why Murozond is still alive or why we were able to kill him outside of End Time.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    I hope its not Murozond. Unless they do a huge retcon, or he escapes at the end of his encounter, we know his fate, we kill him in End Time. Unless this expansion ends with "the breaking of time" as a way to explain why Murozond is still alive or why we were able to kill him outside of End Time.
    Actually one could argue the event of us killing Murozond in the End Time no longer exists because the End Time doesn't exist. Nozdormu makes it so deathwing's destruction could never be undone, but the End Time is a time where that event never occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Actually one could argue the event of us killing Murozond in the End Time no longer exists because the End Time doesn't exist. Nozdormu makes it so deathwing's destruction could never be undone, but the End Time is a time where that event never occurred.
    IIRC Murozond isn't from end time, he was just trying to make it the future. He's basically running around outside of time.

I'm really hoping it's not Murozond, solely because we already know he's going to survive the encounter and travel into the distant future where he'll be killed by players from the past. It won't feel like a very satisfying fight when we already know the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I keep waffling between Chromatus and Galakrond, myself; I'm unsure of which I'd actually rather see, though. A dark horse option would also be the ever-popular body swerve boss, like how N'Zoth ended up being the capstone of BfA despite the majority of the expansion being a faction conflict one and not Old God-flavored.
    In 8.0 we fight an Artificial Old God in Uldir, along with tentacled void horrors in Shrine of Storms, along with recruiting an expert in destroying Old Gods safely.
    In 8.1 we saw the return of Xal'atath, and fought a Harbinger of N'Zoth inside a part of him underneath the Shrine.
    In 8.2 we fought N'Zoth's greatest servant, Azshara, and unleashed him during the fight.

Also faction conflict implies Old God by default. The Old Gods thrive on sowing discord, and faction wars are a great way to do it. If they didn't scrap BfA's lore to build up the Jailer, it would have been a perfectly coherent Old God expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We've killed a baby Titan (Argus)
    We've defeated a Titan+ level entity (Sire Denathrius)
    We've defeated a Titan++ level entity (Zovaal)

........And now people think we settle with smacking up a Titan------------------------------------------ level entity (Galakrond)???
    Who cares, loot is loot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Who cares, loot is loot
    We defeated Zovaal without any outside help.

Galakrond will die, if we sneeze on the other side of the planet.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    In 8.0 we fight an Artificial Old God in Uldir, along with tentacled void horrors in Shrine of Storms, along with recruiting an expert in destroying Old Gods safely.
    In 8.1 we saw the return of Xal'atath, and fought a Harbinger of N'Zoth inside a part of him underneath the Shrine.
    In 8.2 we fought N'Zoth's greatest servant, Azshara, and unleashed him during the fight.

Also faction conflict implies Old God by default. The Old Gods thrive on sowing discord, and faction wars are a great way to do it. If they didn't scrap BfA's lore to build up the Jailer, it would have been a perfectly coherent Old God expansion.
    True, in hindsight there was a lot of Old God-related stuff in BfA, but G'huun's arc ultimately felt tertiary, as did whatever was going on with the Tidespeaker loyalists in Kul Tiras. Most of BfA's Old God material felt more like it was building up to a future Old God expansion - one where we'd have to contend with N'Zoth and perhaps even the Void Lords to some degree. Which made N'Zoth supplanting Sylvanas as the expansion's "big bad" feel like it came out of nowhere. N'Zoth and Ny'alotha were also handled pretty badly, which ultimately made 8.3 feel hamfistedly anti-climactic for a lot of people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

A bit of an aside, but it would be really cool to have a mid-patch where we're dealing with a Centaur clan and stronghold as antagonists, with their end boss being a chieftain or something--similar to the Thunder King and the Mogu in MoP. But yeah in terms of a final boss, I'd be happy with either Murozond or Galakrond. But Murozond does seem more likely.