Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I know, but to sell people need to be hyped. I mean, who would be hyped in April 2022 for an expansion release in August 2023?
    Me if the game looked great and had something I was interested in. I be excited and would be annoyed at the wait. Getting me to preorder is another issue entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorca View Post
    There's no point in arguing that it takes the same time adding the assets/textures to different models. But once you made those textures and assets, it won't take the same time it took the first time when you had to make them and test them for fitting two different models, meaning that's less time for the next cases, right?
    No, they have to create new textures, or heavily modify the existing ones to fit each race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they didn't confirm the belt and shoulders will be yours.
    . So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor.
    The essentially did confirm that equipped armor will show up in Shoulders, Tabard, and belt slots on the Dracthyr form. While the Visage shows everything like normal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    i like the dracthyr, we need to really push blizzard to make all armor on the dragon form to be visible. all i want.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I really don't think this is in the cards, for one reason:

They would have to create talents for them using the existing system (and balance them around it), and then scrap it for pre-patch using the new talent tree.
    True…
    But I did remember seeing in an interview that they want to release the talent trees ahead of alpha so they could get feedback.

This could mean anything like “here’s a blizzcon style playable demo and you can try out the talent trees” to a probably more unrealistic “Talent trees coming in 9.2.5 if they can iron them out beforehand”

IF it’s leaning more towards the 9.2.5 thought, then it would solve the issue of having to make them a whole talent tree and chuck it in the bin a few months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    The quote is

So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor.

which would imply it is the same shoulder/tabard/belt between both forms. it's not great but it does seem to suggest it is actual armour rather than barber shop modification. (Note the 'I think' part though so maybe none of this at all)

I don't think it implies that at all, but i guess we will wait and see, it doesn't stop of being lame either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Also why should they be primarily elves and humans. Few reasons. Elves and humans are 2 of the most popular races in WoW. Elves and humans alone make up 30-40% of all created characters in WoW. People like them. 2. 90% of Dragons are elven or human anyways, so it makes sense. Now, I do think other races should get the option as well, but not if it means delaying the expansion. They can work on it later.
    Good thing to please only 30-40% of your playerbase, who already have a lot

Now lets also, start doing armor, transmogs and mounts only for elves and humans, cause they are the majority, quests do, lets only make for those

im sure things would go great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I alrdy reserved my name :3
    Same. My main chars name is Thornis. I reserved Thorygos.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Only if WoW survives after Dragonflight...
    After Dragonflight WoW will be a Microsoft IP, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to scrap something they paid billions of dollars to own.

Take a look at how Microsoft reignited Age of Empires from the ashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The only sets i couldn't immediately pinpoint were Dk, Dh, and Evoker.

The rest were very easy to guess, especially if you look at previous set iterations.
    Yeah, I looked for about 2 mins and was able to make good guesses. Turned out I was right about every one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know, but to sell people need to be hyped. I mean, who would be hyped in April 2022 for an expansion release in August 2023?
    People get hyped for games that are years out all the time. There is a reason why companies have "reveals" at gaming/tech conferences all the time. Just look at your own signature that is showing hype/support for a revamp that hasn't even officially been announced or talked about. Yet it is some how strange for you to think people won't be hyped about new content because it could be over a year away?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The essentially did confirm that equipped armor will show up in Shoulders, Tabard, and belt slots on the Dracthyr form. While the Visage shows everything like normal.
    "i think", is hardly a confirmation, but wait and see i guess.

No, they have to create new textures, or heavily modify the existing ones to fit each race.
    They make re-texture for mounts, pets, critters and mobs all the time, and you are telling me they have to "heavily modify" some textures to fit the core races? come on now, not even companies are like this

Same. My main chars name is Thornis. I reserved Thorygos.
    I imagine a lot of gos(es) and mu(es) with ia(s) and ian(s)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The one with the dragon head is the hunter set actually. The Evoker det is the red one with the giant horns, and shoulder reminiscent of the ones used by Deathwing on his human form (or DS warrior shoulders).
    That also has a dragon head though. Maybe less a head, and more a skull with the horns, but clearly part of a dragon head.

Also people on twitter are hating on the hunter set. I think it looks badass. Am I in the minority there?

Yeah, I looked for about 2 mins and was able to make good guesses. Turned out I was right about every one.
    I listed the images and got them all right (warrior and DK were educated guesses about which was which based on previous armour). Not too difficult but as I said at the time they're not that clear if a bunch of similar armours are running at you as to who's who. Also said people would get used to them as usual. Only an issue now because they're new.

- - - Updated - - -

That also has a dragon head though. Maybe less a head, and more a skull with the horns, but clearly part of a dragon head.

Also people on twitter are hating on the hunter set. I think it looks badass. Am I in the minority there?
    Nope. I like it too as a Hunter main. Matches with past sets using the main enemy head as helmet style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Is there somewhere they are actually labeled?

I'll admit, other than Rogue (#1?) / Warrior (#6?) I have a hard time telling some of the other ones apart.

I don't see how you can have a hard time.

Left to right.

1. Rogue. Pretty clear.
    2. Druid. Very animal based, and the lightning on the shaman makes it clear this is druid.
    3. Shaman. See the lightning.
    4. Obviously monk. Has monk beads and a ninja headband flapping behind.
    5. clearly paladin. Check the inquisitor looking helm and the pieces of healy looking runed cloth hanging from the shoulders.
    6. Warrior. Heavy plate. Process of elimination means its war.
    7. Evoker. Kinda looks like a slimmer War tier 13. They shouldn't do it again, plus its too slim to be heavy plate, so.
    8. Clearly Priest. Has lots of traditional priest elemtns like the things also on the paladin set. Pieces of runed cloth.
    9. Cloth with horns. Obviously lock.
    10. Leather with horns. Obv DH.
    11. Only plate left, blue, Death kinght.
    12. Mage. See the crystals.
    13. Hunter. See the big dead dragon head as the helm. Obviosly something a hunter would do.

Thats the thought process I had in 2 mins when looking at them the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Mage, Evoker and DK threw me off.

Its certainly better than Sepulcher sets but I can't say I am a huge fan of the shared themes and colors in the new set designs.
    You mean like half of the other sets in the game? Firelands for example. At least this time there are 4 unique color scheme with a dragon elemental theme. More varied than the firelands sets that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    A question - With the new talent system will i be for example able to have ghoul on frost dk all the time or army of the dead spell?
    Likely yes. You will likely also be able to spec into stuff like extra healing or absorb shield on Death strike. Do you want to take death and decay for extra aoe, or skip it on a single target fight for some more self sustain. Maybe you need a sprint instead? Or extra death grip charges. Nothing is confirmed, but if they do the system right it will allow for AT LEAST 5 different types of builds.

Aoe raid.
    Single target raid.
    Mythic dungeon
    BGS
    Arenas.

Likely also stuff like.
    World content.
    Hard rares, so more sustain.
    Soloing old raids. Maybe more speed and utility to make it faster.
    Niche builds, like specing heavy into pets for a frost dk, or adding water elemental to fire or arcane mages.

And that's just for 1 spec. Multiply that by 2-3 or 4 and you would have anywhere from 15-30 builds per class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    No idea. We'll have to wait until we actually see the trees to know what options we have.
    That too, but I'm optimistic. If they do it wrong it will allow 3 or 4 types of builds. Similar to what we have now. If they do it right, it could offer MANY more types than currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    Do we know if the new "Press & Hold" type of spells will only go to Evoker?

I was so hyped when they revealed it, they absolutely need to put this new gameplay to other classes. So many possibilities!
    We don't know for sure, but its likely Evoker only for now to test the waters.

In the future it would be cool to add to other long cast spells.

Pyro Blase. 5 sec Charge spell. 2secs 75% damage, 3 secs, full damage, 4 secs, Hits a second target for 50% damage. 5 secs hits 2 targets for full damage, plus spreads ignite. Something like that.

While I would've liked even more colors I think...

THIS:

IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER THIS:

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would've liked even more colors I think...

THIS:

IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER THIS:
    Oh yeah much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    After Dragonflight WoW will be a Microsoft IP, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to scrap something they paid billions of dollars to own.

Take a look at how Microsoft reignited Age of Empires from the ashes.
    For them, it will be better to just make a new MMO or WoW2.
    Keep in mind that there is Riot MMO somewhere on the horizon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Honestly that sounds really annoying on a keyboard. But are we finally getting controller support? FFXIV has had it a long time.
    Games like Lost Ark use the mechanic and people play it on a keyboard. Probably just takes getting used to. Plus I think they confirmed accessibility options that you could just press the spell and press it again when you want to fire it instead of holding it down.

Humans make sense. Vykrul were created by the Titans just like the Watchers.

However Dracthyr were likely created 10,000 years ago before the Dragon Isles got cut off. Only Night Elves would of existed at that point. So not sure why their visage looks like High Elves
    The idea is they’ve been in stasis
    They were on the dragon isles and likely haven’t seen any beings away from it