Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Are Darkfallen supposed to be a neutral race? They seem more Horde imo. Tuskarr def seem more like a neutral allied race.

Would be cool if we got Centaurs as an allied race since they added them and changed their lore to put em in the expansion.
    Darkfallen have traditionally been more aligned with the Horde in the form of Dark Rangers. However, there's been discussion about Darkfallen being a neutral allied race, mainly because there is now a precedent for Night Elf Darkfallen (Sira Moonwarden and other night elf archers/wardens raised by Sylvanas in the War of the Thorns during BFA era). Interestingly, according to WoWpedia, Sira Moonwarden is currently in the Stormwind Stockades as a prisoner of the Alliance, while it seems the other night elf Darkfallen have joined the blood elf Darkfallen in following Calia Menethil in the BFA epilogue questline. The foundation for neutral Darkfallen is there, but as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, Blizzard would have to justify them joining the Alliance through some kind of reconciliation with their living night elf kin.

As for Tuskarr and Centaurs, I want 'em. I'm one of those people who gets excited by a potential allied race any time Blizz updates a creature model. And now with the updates to Tuskarr, centaurs, and gnolls... I want 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Reputations have four tiers of rewards. Renown factions have 70+. Theyre covenants in all but name and exclusivity.
    Covenants are reputations, just structured differently and you can only pick one at a time.

If you can earn progress with all of the "covenants" in Dragonflight, then it's just reputations with a better reward structure.

Also people have guessed "Dragonflight covenants" for months in fake leaks, so this does not make this "leak" any more legit.

You have to be careful with leaks. Even the guy that leaked the Dracthyr pictures then said that Dracthyr would have 3 specs, two of which would be DPS specs and the healing spec would heal with fire. Sometimes even people with some legit info will bullshit you.

Why else would they not announce a preorder? Darkfallen as part of the Prepatch event.
    Because they don't know the release date yet. When did they ever announce something only for the preorder? Even allied races were announced at reveal, whithout mentioning preorder.

Also preorder and prepatch are two entirely different things with no relation.

They likely heald back to see how the expansion announcement was taken by players. I am sure if they can't spur enough preorders, allied race would be used to trigger it. They need preorder numbers to make themselves look good to the higherups.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Because they don't know the release date yet. When did they ever announce something only for the preorder? Even allied races were announced at reveal, whithout mentioning preorder.

Also preorder and prepatch are two entirely different things with no relation.
    What are you smokong? Battle for Azeroth preorder came with four Allied Races in the prepatch, announced the same day as the expansion.

Edit: What am I smoking?
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-04-22 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Darkfallen would be nice.
    Better watch your mouth with that around these parts. You might attract the ire of rabid elf haters and people who are diametrically opposed to Dark Rangers for some reason.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matticus777 View Post
    Night Elves

Blood Elves

Nightborne

Void Elves

Drac'thyr Male Elves

Darkfallen

Please, no more Elves ffs
    But there is more :

Naga Elves

Satyr Elves

High Elves

Very High Elves

Half-Blood Elves

Centaur Elves

Elves that didn't know that they are Elves

Elves that pretend to be Trolls

What are you smokong? Battle for Azeroth preorder came with four Allied Races in the prepatch, announced the same day as the expansion.

Edit: What am I smoking?
    Didn't they come with 7.3.5 even, and not the pre-patch? Talking about Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei, Void-Elfs, and High-Mountain Taurens.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    But there is more :

Naga Elves

Satyr Elves

High Elves

Very High Elves

Half-Blood Elves

Centaur Elves

How dare you forget Butt elves? Shame on you.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That's the fun thing about a dragon given the power of time and time-travel, it wouldn't be a retcon because that could have been Nozdormu at any point in the future.
    No, it's pretty definitive in Cata:

Defeated
    Murozond yells: You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...
    Nozdormu says: At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
    Nozdormu says: Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
    Nozdormu says: What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day.
    Nozdormu turns away from where Murozond died and looks up at the Hourglass of Time.
    Nozdormu says: All that matters... is this moment.

So bringing him in to be a raid would be a retcon. Note in the above dialogue, Nozdormu knew this moment was coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    yes, clearly because we killed the TIME-TRAVELLING DRAGON, there’s no way he’d factor into anything…
    Mmm hmm... Except you missed the part where the Titans showed Nozdormu the moment of his death. So yes, the End of Time dungeon boss Nozdormu is his canonical death. Or do you think they should br9ing him back like Palpatine? Or use time travel as a lame plot device to retcon it like they did to shit out more lame Terminator sequels?

I'd give anything for Sethrak or Naga allied race! And I wouldn't be mad if it were Tuskarr.... just please for the love of Elune... no more elves

With Dracthyr pretty much being the Worgen equivalent of an "allied race", we are left with Pandaren and Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Im going to shoot myself if they blurt out Tuskarr before Sethrak.

Then again, while i don't give a rats ass, more people want those than Ogres and i can get behind them as a more unique thing. We will see if this isnt just another stupid hoax.
    Tuskarr fans have been waiting a hell of a lot longer than Sethrak fans.

Why the hell would darkfallens be an allied race for preordering Dragonflight when they currently doesn't have anything to do with the expansion ?

I'd say it's something they've shown like tuskarr or maybe some dracthyr who don't use their dragon form and who are just here so the humanoid model they've made is not totally useless for non roleplaying players.

Or maybe vrykul as they already know how to dragonride. Plus they match the neutral slot with their nordic aesthetic matching both the savagery of orcs and the nobility of humans.

The only good endgame boss will be Galakrond. You can say that the opening of the Shadowlands caused him to be resurrected or something like that. Murozond just doesn't seem like an endgame boss at all.

I'm okay with Darkfallen and more elves.

I think the reason we have no preorder yet is because they've actually vowed to have it be ready when it's ready. Which maybe means the higher ups aren't pushing it out ASAP.

That's a good thing if true.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I think the reason we have no preorder yet is because they've actually vowed to have it be ready when it's ready. Which maybe means the higher ups aren't pushing it out ASAP.

That's a good thing if true.
    I don't think you need a release date for preorder tho, or do you ? They could have just grab all the money and wait. Anyway, there's something fishy. All the collector goodies are already in game so there must be a reason of them holding the preorders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    I don't think you need a release date for preorder tho, or do you ? They could have just grab all the money and wait. Anyway, there's something fishy. All the collector goodies are already in game so there must be a reason of them holding the preorders.
    They do not. They have to enter in some kind of date for the point of sale system for the product. But that date is just a place holder and can be anything. That is why you usually have the "On or before" fine print. Even then the fine print is only for refunds and not some kind of legal delivery date.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Towellie also said 10.0 was going to be 'very, very different' and it turned out to be completely wrong, so no, he doesn't eat lunch with them.
    I mean, 'Very very different' is subjective, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    But there is more :

Naga Elves

Satyr Elves

High Elves

Very High Elves

Half-Blood Elves

Centaur Elves

Elves are literally evolved Trolls fyi.