Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It´s probably not 100% decided yet, but I´d guess similar to mages. Who knows, maybe there´s a new weapon type coming? Would be cool to have another type of spell cast weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    During combat? Do you guys really pay attention to your armor during actual combat?
    I mean we spend a considerable amount of time in combat, so... yes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Read somewhere that at least Helm, Shoulders and some other slots remain visible in Dracthyr Form.
    Curious to see how that'll work out.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm pretty sure the armor we've seen on Dracthyr characters is just a cosmetic toggle in the barbershop, not actual gear.
    I mean, it's possible. I'm more thinking it's just their starter gear. What leads you to believe that they won't show armour? Seems a bit silly to equip gear and just not have it appear on your character but then it magically does when you're in humanoid form. They're not like Druid forms, they're a race. Just like Worgens, I think their gear will morph with them as they change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean we spend a considerable amount of time in combat, so... yes?
    But I didn't ask if we spend lots of time in combat or not. I asked if you pay attention to your armor during combat. I know that I don't, I focus on telegraphs and mechanics, not on my character, hence the question.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm pretty sure the armor we've seen on Dracthyr characters is just a cosmetic toggle in the barbershop, not actual gear.
    That's not quite right.

Blizzard have literally said shoulders + belt (not helm as some people seem to think) show up on Dracthyr - but they also have cosmetic armour from the barbershop.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    What leads you to believe that they won't show armour?
    So far, they haven't. They're very clearly early in development, so we don't know for sure, but they haven't even shown concept art of them with normal gear on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    ....do Envokers even use weapons? Didn't see any in the clips they shared. They were just straight Moonkin casting.
    staff/dagger/sword/mace/fist weapon, i'm gonna make a bit of a prediction that they can't wield the wand weapon type so they will have fist weapons as an option like ele/resto shaman, i also suspect they might even be adding a unique weapon type for Evokers, similar to how DH's got glaives and DK's got the runeforging system, as to what that weapon would be i have no idea, it might be something that works alongside the dragon fantasy but that's my guess.

I mean, it's possible. I'm more thinking it's just their starter gear. What leads you to believe that they won't show armour? Seems a bit silly to equip gear and just not have it appear on your character but then it magically does when you're in humanoid form. They're not like Druid forms, they're a race. Just like Worgens, I think their gear will morph with them as they change.
    Blizzard literally stating it is what leads people to believe. It's only Shoulders, Tabards and Belts that are visible in the dragon form.

"So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor."

They do got armour, but it's a cosmetic armour at the barbershop.

"You can even slightly change your torso to be like slightly more slender or slightly bulkier; and the armor that you wear is a type of armor that you will be able to customize at the Barbershop, too. "
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-04-22 at 10:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They’re dragons. Like all dragons when they turn into their true draconic form, their armor and gear vanishes. They wear a couple of adornments, like cuffs, earrings, or pendants, but for the most part, dragons are in the buff. Dracthyr get some adornments, but for the most part, they’re “naked”.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Blizzard literally stating it is what leads people to believe. It's only Shoulders, Tabards and Belts that are visible in the dragon form.

"So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor."

They do got armour, but it's a cosmetic armour at the barbershop.

"You can even slightly change your torso to be like slightly more slender or slightly bulkier; and the armor that you wear is a type of armor that you will be able to customize at the Barbershop, too. "
    Interesting, I hadn't seen that thanks for sharing. I'm a little disappointed, making new transmogs is really fun for me. Very curious as to how their tier set will work.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that thanks for sharing. I'm a little disappointed, making new transmogs is really fun for me. Very curious as to how their tier set will work.

Ideally, they would make an exception and have like a "dragon specific" look for the tier set that displays every slot, especially considering that tier set is tailor-made for that race. But we will see.