Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    They should release them on live servers to actually work them out with real players, not just alpha/beta testers.
    You´ll have wowhead talent calculators ready to use asap.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    no borrowed power means no power progression after first 3 weeks of patch . but raiders will rejoice as they can log in and log out after raid.

no legendaries means nothing exiting to wait for as player.

crafting proffesions locked behind raiding. means its not real crafting - failed system before release. its raiders crafting

seems like worse version of WoD incoming - more and more signs proving this will be another ultra casual unfriendly expansion aimed only at raiders.

they even announced wolk - most casual friendly expansion as casual unfriendly due to removal of lfd

those combined are extremly bad signes for game.

thx god for FF14. really if it wsnt for that game mmorpgs would be dead now like wow is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

the point is they are still at war with playerbase and want to remove flying from game for as long as possible so you will get the new exiting version of engineer glider - you wil get somethign like you had in mechagon with rocket backpack - dragon will launch in the air and then glide down.

while in flying oriented epxansion your dragon mounts will be grounded prevented from flying

they are dead set on making this game as unfun as possible
    I don't get it. You just described the most unfun, boring game that coule possibly exist, in the same post as FF14.

FF14 doesn't have borrowed power, yet its fun. Raiders just log in and raid and log out. The thing is that FF has lots of other fun stuff other than just endgame raiding. Which is what I think they are trying to do with Dragon Riding. I love the idea of training a dragon to fly in a more interactive way. Give me more of that stuff.

So.. do I need to run m+15 to get m+15 gear, when I'm a armorsmith? Or do I not? I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I doubt that Blizzard will get player housing right
    Garisons were straight connected to character progression over the expansion that was one of biggest problems. Ppl simply locked them selfes in garissons to do chores and thats it. Housing MUST be side content like pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    See you at release day
    Doing what? Not playing with dragons. I barely play as it is now. Th carrot holder belt is my big bad. It's the only reason I even log in, and I am to the point I dont even care about that anymore. While I appreciate your meme style waste of space, each case is different and I really am burnt out. This whole xpac feels watered down and just MEH. OOOOOh soaring feature!!! Goblin hang gliders anyone? I don't have much to do in game now, with them not adding anything, all I have left is that carrot holder belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Wow, there's a ton of information in this interview. I'm pretty surprised that they're open to player housing after Garrisons but it's interesting to see it's on the menu. I also like the fact that work orders will allow you to use BoP crafting mats even if you're not the person crafting it. That's always been a major sticking point for me on the way professions have worked. I'm excited to see how this plays out.
    Yeah the crafting overhaul is really exciting to me personally. I'm willing to work that system, as a non raid/m+ player.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    I think FFXIV's housing is like perfectly where "the bar" is at. It could be a lot deeper, but there are a ton of assets, and you can easily visit other people's houses. It's also fairly stable. That stuff is like the absolute bare minimum for housing, but most devs can't even manage that.
    Exclusive housing is a terrible system. LOTRO did it better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    So.. do I need to run m+15 to get m+15 gear, when I'm a armorsmith? Or do I not? I'm confused.
    You'll need a bop item, it's unclear whether you'll have a means of aquiring them for yourself as a crafter(I doubt bliz knows yet). If you can though, the gear it makes will be bop because just being able to buy endgame gear on the ah is unhealthy for the game. At least that's what Ion is saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    They know we want housing, but didn't even begin to start it. Not buying this expansion. First one ever.

Stop dangling carrots and treating us like we are stupid. Ion...
    damn dude,i would also love a good housing feature,but not playing the game because it doesnt exist is kinda silly...i also like transmog,i wouldnt quit if they removed it tomorrow,and that would be a MUCH greater offence to do to an existing feature

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    damn dude,i would also love a good housing feature,but not playing the game because it doesnt exist is kinda silly...i also like transmog,i wouldnt quit if they removed it tomorrow,and that would be a MUCH greater offence to do to an existing feature
    I probably wouldn't be so annoyed by it if Ion hadn't lied in an interview and said the "Team" wants housing but it's a big undertaking. The truth is, they want it NOW because everything blew up in their faces, but they didn't have time to implement it after they stripped SL2.0 from DragonFlight.

It's not that we aren't getting a specific feature, per se, it's that they continue to let Ion lie to us. Blatantly. He NEVER wanted housing, and he almost choked on his own spit when he said it in the interview. Dangling carrots again. They need to stop.

Doing what? Not playing with dragons. I barely play as it is now. Th carrot holder belt is my big bad. It's the only reason I even log in, and I am to the point I dont even care about that anymore. While I appreciate your meme style waste of space, each case is different and I really am burnt out. This whole xpac feels watered down and just MEH. OOOOOh soaring feature!!! Goblin hang gliders anyone? I don't have much to do in game now, with them not adding anything, all I have left is that carrot holder belt.
    If you're burned out, take a break from the game? No one is forcing you to play. I haven't and will not sub to SL and it's amazing what that will do for your obviously damaged psyche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    more like if you want to craft any decent gear you will have to spam m+15 for recipes. or m20 and ofc anything decent will be only for mythic raiders.

as always

they learned nothing what crafting should be

Maybe they can introduce player housing to Stormwind and Orgrimmar first, then spread it out to the rest of the world in another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    No archeology? Excuse me? What a bore!
    Which is made even more egregious, IMO, considering the fact we're not participating in a military expedition to the Dragon Isles, but accompanying the Explorer's League and the Reliquary.

Y'know, just the Alliance and Horde major archaeology groups, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Alpha/Beta testers ARE real players.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah your impression is what you have convinced yourself is happening, not what is actually happening. There is Zero evidence to support any of this.

- - - Updated - - -

But those haters don't actually play the game. Therefore, they do not matter.

- - - Updated - - -

It also basically keeps people on the ground until flying is fully unlocked while still allowing a form of flight at the beginning.
    Yes and no, there are a few issues with Alpha and Beta testers;
    -They are limited in numbers
    -Many who get invites play very little or they wind up playing just as testers
    -Many leave and Blizz has dried that pool of people willing to deep dive into testing for them through multiple alpha/beta cycles of ignored feedback
    -Simpler still, they aren't an accurate representation of the community, the ones who stay and test are a more hard-core subset.
    -You don't play the beta realms the same as you play the live servers, it's not your live character you aren't playing as you would day to day.

If Dragonflight sucks there's at least two other MMOs coming to try out, but no idea if they'll be good or not;

- Ashes of Creation
    - Riot Games MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    See you at release day
    The joke is on you. You won't see my ass at release day. But keep looking. I am sure you will see someone else standing in line like a fool for Blizzard's copium.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    -You don't play the beta realms the same as you play the live servers, it's not your live character you aren't playing as you would day to day.
    I played the MoP beta far more than I played live beforehand. One of the bigger frustrations with beta/ptr is how they kneecap your instanced performance with preset/forced ilvl. I understand why they do it, but it's pretty much a boner killer for someone who is really into playing that content. A tester's motivation must be strongly in the "testing for the sake of testing" camp if they're to endure and be useful. I remember farming motes of harmony for hours on end to test a bunch of crafting professions.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    more like if you want to craft any decent gear you will have to spam m+15 for recipes. or m20 and ofc anything decent will be only for mythic raiders. as always. they learned nothing what crafting should be
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You'll need a bop item, it's unclear whether you'll have a means of aquiring them for yourself as a crafter(I doubt bliz knows yet). If you can though, the gear it makes will be bop because just being able to buy endgame gear on the ah is unhealthy for the game. At least that's what Ion is saying.
    Meh sucks. I have no problem with running 1-2 m+15 a week, but I can't spam them. It feels like work and isn't fun.

I think a system like this would be much better:
    You build a tool, a hammer, a rod, whatever.

You can upgrade the tool by:
    m+, raid, pvp-rating or a singleplayer challenge like torghast/magetower.
    If you get to m+15, you get a hammer that can upgrade crafted gear the highest ilvl.

The recipes can be farmed in
    hc/lfr/random bg or lower whatever-singleplayer thing, matching the content you did.
    and every harder version of it.
    The higher the recipe, the higher your base-item you can craft and you need less upgrade-costs.

But when you craft your gear and it comes out on hc-dungeon level, but you have a m+15 hammer, you can upgrade it to m+15, you just need a lot of mats, that you could farm outside.
    When you found your recipe on m+8 and have a pvp 2k raiting, you can upgrade the recipe to.. i don't know.. m+12?
    You could run lfr for raid-recipes and get the magetower-thing done on the highest level for mythic raid gear.

I probably wouldn't be so annoyed by it if Ion hadn't lied in an interview and said the "Team" wants housing but it's a big undertaking. The truth is, they want it NOW because everything blew up in their faces, but they didn't have time to implement it after they stripped SL2.0 from DragonFlight.

It's not that we aren't getting a specific feature, per se, it's that they continue to let Ion lie to us. Blatantly. He NEVER wanted housing, and he almost choked on his own spit when he said it in the interview. Dangling carrots again. They need to stop.
    Except they tried housing as an expansion feature.
    It didn’t work out so well as they also tried making it a self contained area that allowed players to get everything they needed in terms of crafting materials and gold.