Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That stretch goal is fairly impossible for him by now. But otherwise, it seems to be exactly as I figured. The key for Putin would be taking the south in order to connect Donbas and Crimea, as well as controlling the water supply for Crimea. The next important thing would be taking out Odesa and linking up with Transnistria, giving him access to invade Moldova next.

If he's able to block Ukraine from the Black Sea, then take control of Moldova, Ukraine's days are squarely numbered.
    While we may pass the time guessing about what he wants, what really matters is what he can get. What he wants would only matter if one expected to close this war through negotiations. Negotiations mean both sides give up something. Ukraine simply cannot yield an inch because that would mean Russia just regroups and comes back while Ukraine is that much weaker. And I doubt anyone believes whatever guarantee Russia can offer that they will not. They signed five different treaties wherein they promised to leave Ukraine alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Germans constantly getting cold feet is really starting to get on pretty much everyone's nerves. Germany really lost a whole lot of leadership points around this fiasco.
    You know Scholz really is enigma here. The way he behaves almost makes you think he is russian agent they need to burn because situation is so bad.
    I can imagine that if puttler declares "victory" on May 9, he will ask to lift sanctions almost immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know Scholz really is enigma here. The way he behaves almost makes you think he is russian agent they need to burn because situation is so bad.
    I can imagine that if puttler declares "victory" on May 9, he will ask to lift sanctions almost immediately.
    it's pretty embarrassing, the fucking greens are more into supporting Ukraine with something substantial than the ruling party.

I guess red stays red..

10+ Year Old Account
    The next important thing would be taking out Odesa and linking up with Transnistria, giving him access to invade Moldova next.
    I guess Moldova sees the writing on the wall.

The Guardian: Moldova has submitted a first questionnaire on European Union membership, the country’s president, Maia Sandu said
    Today #Moldova submitted the 1st questionnaire for #EU membership to EU Ambassador @JanisMazeiks
    as we take a step closer to our accession bid to the EU. We are ready to do our part swiftly and diligently to give Moldova a chance for a better, safer & more prosperous future.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Their excuse is that they will fail to meet NATO obligations if they sell the hardware.

When have they ever met NATO obligations? With their half dozen combat ready eurofighters out of 120.
    I also don't think NATO would actually care much if countries told them "we can't meet all our obligations because we're sending all that material to Ukraine instead" while handing over the receipts.

Any useful material being send to Ukraine more directly benefits NATO then anything going into NATO storage ever would.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...isn't this pretty far into Russia for Ukraine to have done anything? What the heck is going on?
    You don't need to be physically there to set a factory on fire if you have competent hackers in your team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realised something, and I may be late to the party, but in that video where Putin orders the siege of Azovstal instead of storming it he sits rather close to Shoigu. If you look at older footage you'll notice the ridiculous distance he sits away from everyone.

I wonder if that's significant.

If Germany doesn't fucking stop trying to fuck Ukraine over I swear to God I will start voting for Finnish EU exit. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If Germany doesn't fucking stop trying to fuck Ukraine over I swear to God I will start voting for Finnish EU exit. -.-
    They could lose 0,22224% or their GDP if they send weapons to Ukraine, the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    germans when they talk to southern eu countries : You have to have austerity because you made bad choices
    germans when they make bad choices about energy policy : We cannot have austerity because we made bad choices

They are proving to be an unreliable partner in EU security.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    germans when they talk to southern eu countries : You have to have austerity because you made bad choices
    germans when they make bad choices about energy policy : We cannot have austerity because we made bad choices

They are proving to be an unreliable partner in EU security.
    German leaders give me strong Thatcher "I want my money back" vibes. They are behaving like grocers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Silly billy, Russia may have lost a capital ship but they gain a capital Sub!
    But seriously the fires and the oglicacy guys dying is very sus.
    Thanks for reminding! They should also add Oligarch and General counters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I wish it wasn't so, but I sure as shit wouldn't be surprised.

Hahaha, oh my goodness.

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/st...98931306594306

Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

Pretty much was my guess:
    Considering what Mariupol cost them, and that there's an insurgency going on around Melitopol, the odds of them taking Odessa is about as good right now as them going for Kyiv again.

But the original goal was clearly the whole of Ukraine. Not necessarily to fully annex, but to spawn a Belarus 2.0. When that failed they likely went for the whole Southern Ukraine and land bridge to Transnistria, but that dream died chocked on its own blood in Mariupol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I also don't think NATO would actually care much if countries told them "we can't meet all our obligations because we're sending all that material to Ukraine instead" while handing over the receipts.

Any useful material being send to Ukraine more directly benefits NATO then anything going into NATO storage ever would.
    It's a shit excuse and everyone inside and outside Germany has been telling them that it's a shit excuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I wonder if that's significant.
    In a typical small dick energy way, after the ceaseless mockery he got for his comical yuge tables, now he is overcompensating with a comically small table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    In a typical small dick energy way, after the ceaseless mockery he got for his comical yuge tables, now he is overcompensating with a comically small table.
    I meant it was thought he was afraid of attacks and diseases, and that's why he has those long tables, so I was wondering if that's no longer a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I meant it was thought he was afraid of attacks and diseases, and that's why he has those long tables, so I was wondering if that's no longer a factor.
    Even if he was afraid of germs and shit, he has to make a fucking effort. He has an optics problem and he knows it. The huge tables and not being seen in public for months was starting to be seen as personal weakness. Something he can't afford if he wants to stay in power ...and alive. So that's why the huge rally, him sitting at dinner tables with people and doing super real live televised strategy planning sessions at tiny tables.

He has to prove he is not afraid of germs, air and people. His image (and power) depends on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It did happen with enlistment office once, so it can happen again.
    Two or three went up last night in Russia

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a plan in which an Alligator-class landing ship and a flagship missile cruiser would come in handy.
    The Moskva is currently too busy patrolling the bottom of the Black Sea.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Hahaha, oh my goodness.

https://twitter.com/IAPonomarenko/st...98931306594306

Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.
    That's fucking beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.