7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Normal flying doesn't hurt the game. You are just too weak and too hypocritical not to use it. You have neither the resolve nor the principal to use ground mounts and you need external force not to use it. Weak.
    The hell did we just read? Not using ground mounts means you are weak and lack resolve? Hoooo weeeee boy, you really went deep now!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I was impressed with Shadowlands and BFA on announcement the same way I am with this. So I am cautious (And still unsubbed, have been since early last year.), but I really do hope the changes they have announced here really do improve the game.

I had been playing a lot of ESO recently and it astounds me all the various activities I can get involved with in that game and its completely free. WoW really has a lot of catching up to do I feel.

The two primary complaints I have so far are as follows;

Dragonriding - Obviously this still remains to be seen but I am really concerned this is going to be timegated to hell and back and its power will be tied to content outside of the world. I do NOT know that, and will refrain from judgement until I see it in action, but I am looking forward to the gliding and active movement. I recently got through Immortal's Fenyx Rising and have liked the system in Guild Wars 2 so I hope to see it similar to that kind of thing, especially because they kept using the 'Exploration' buzzword in press kit stuff.

Dracthyr - Don't get me wrong, I think they look sick but I gotta agree they look a bit...furry/scalie (?) maybe too feminine, even on the males. They really could use more muscle or stronger jaws.

As always the art team seems to be trying to hit it home, but I was really disappointed in how little music I heard. Shadowlands, outside of launch, has also been severely lacking in that department and it makes me sad. Love WoW's music.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Essentially what you're saying is that if they suck at being a Dracthyr they can be something other than an Evoker. That's not a great motivating factor to get people to roll a different class.
    Seems good to me.

See, thats the problem in selling a class as their own race, you get this kind of garbage

It's only bad in your opinion. There's plenty of other players who are quite excited to be getting a playable version of the dragon aspects.
    Lets not pretend that is it, and i prefer more than plenty of people being excited.

Normal flying doesn't hurt the game. You are just too weak and too hypocritical not to use it. You have neither the resolve nor the principal to use ground mounts and you need external force not to use it. Weak.
    If a mechanic depends on you to actively not use it in order to provide a balanced gameplay experience then the mechanic is broken.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Blizz already said they're open to more dracthyr classes. A drac could just forgo their evoker abilities and still have their latent racial attributes present so they can pursue another class.
    I think you're mistaken, they said they're open to more classes like the Dracthyr: Meaning more race-exclusive classes. Imagine how stupid Dracthyr dragons would look both with a giant size-proportional shield? or alternatively, a teeny tiny shield.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Dracthyr are not a retcon. Nothing about previous lore indicated there was no other dragonkin types out there.
    Previous lore said no one was able to combine the power of the 5 dragonflights until nNefarian succeed in creating the chromatic one, and he was obsessed by it because his father wasn't able to.

That is also one of the reasons why he ditch it and pursued the twilight dragonflight

Now we learn he in fact, succeed it perfectly, in doing it so, abandon his subjects, and was never able to do something even close, great lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Previoos lore said no one was able to combine the power of the 5 dragonflights until nefarian succeed in creating the chromatic one, and he was obsessed by it because his father wasn't able to.

That is also one of the reasons why he ditch it and pursued the twilight dragonflight

Now we learn he in fact, succeed it perfectly, in doing it so, abandon his subjects, and was never able to do something even close
    The lore prior to Neltharion corruption has never been properly explored. Whose to say that some of the knowledge of the former Earthwarder lost when he was corrupted by the whispers of the Old Gods?

If the drachtyr are failed experiments of Neltharion we can safely say some are such weak that they can't be evoker and have to be other classes
    I don’t think they’re failed experiments. They’re the success of an uncorrupted Neltharion that he and his corrupted ilk in the following millennia try and fail to replicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If a mechanic depends on you to actively not use it in order to provide a balanced gameplay experience then the mechanic is broken.
    not balanced against who? NPCs? Blizzard? Why does Blizzard need to be adversarial towards its player and why do you want to justify Blizz attempts to lengthen the time to do dailies and world quests?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The hell did we just read? Not using ground mounts means you are weak and lack resolve? Hoooo weeeee boy, you really went deep now!
    Yes, if you are against flying, and fail to use ground mount to travel, you are a weak, and a hypocrite. Your interest isn't the health of the game but you hate of other's choices and you only say dragonriding as good to hide behind your failure to actually just be happy with your ground mount. Don't be a loser.

not balanced against who? NPCs? Blizzard? Why does Blizzard need to be adversarial towards its player and why do you want to justify Blizz attempts to lengthen the time to do dailies and world quests?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if you are against flying, and fail to use ground mount to travel, you are a weak, and a hypocrite. Your interest isn't the health of the game but you hate of other's choices and you only say dragonriding as good to hide behind your failure to actually just be happy with your ground mount. Don't be a loser.
    Because you are ultimately playing a game. If you want to get all the rewards from the open world without putting in the effort then you might as well demand the game play itself.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    But like, the entire thing wasn't even flying vs no flying. It was standard flying vs revamped one.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Previous lore said no one was able to combine the power of the 5 dragonflights until nNefarian succeed in creating the chromatic one, and he was obsessed by it because his father wasn't able to.
    That doesn't mean it is a retcon. Only that we didn't know of anyone else doing it. It could easily be that information about the Dracthyr didn't get out because they were put in stasis before anything could get out to know it was successful. Deathwing just never told his kin. Simple and no retcon needed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I think you're mistaken, they said they're open to more classes like the Dracthyr: Meaning more race-exclusive classes. Imagine how stupid Dracthyr dragons would look both with a giant size-proportional shield? or alternatively, a teeny tiny shield.
    Why are you constantly like this? Why do you constantly take objective information and try to obfuscate it to a vagueness that doesn't exist?

The question literally asked in the interview was "Will the Dracthyr be able to become other classes in the future?"

The answer is "The Dracthyr that we're meeting are all Evokers because that's what they were created by Neltharion to be. That is their unique gift, they can channel the power of all the Dragonflights and this is who they are. Now as they emerge in Azeroth and integrate with the Alliance and Horde over time, could they learn to pick up an axe and be a great warrior, quite possibly, but that's not where their story is starting in Dragonflight."

It's pretty cut and dry that yes, Dracthyr may be able to be other classes - after Dragonflight. How you can literally misconstrue this to mean what you said is impossible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I don’t think they’re failed experiments. They’re the success of an uncorrupted Neltharion that he and his corrupted ilk in the following millennia try and fail to replicate.
    And if they were a success, why he didn't bring then? how he was not able to replicate? why say he was never able to?

That is straight up a retcon, the problem is not well done and brings a huge plot-hole overall, mixing the dragonflight like this was a big deal for him, noway he would just "forget"

The lore prior to Neltharion corruption has never been properly explored. Whose to say that some of the knowledge of the former Earthwarder lost when he was corrupted by the whispers of the Old Gods?
    Its pretty straight forward, he was never able to, no one was, Nefarian did and even so was mostly failures.

If he made then, so perfectly, and apparently they are so strong, why he abandon then? why no one knew about it? how and why the method was lost? everything is too coincidentally, and play waaaay to bad

That doesn't mean it is a retcon. Only that we didn't know of anyone else doing it. It could easily be that information about the Dracthyr didn't get out because they were put in stasis before anything could get out to know it was successful. Deathwing just never told his kin. Simple and no retcon needed.
    Hell, all the Aspects could have pitched in and it still wouldn’t be a retcon. It just wouldn’t have been relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I had been playing a lot of ESO recently and it astounds me all the various activities I can get involved with in that game and its completely free. WoW really has a lot of catching up to do I feel.
    Honestly, how can you stand the combat though?

7+ Year Old Account
    "he simple didn't told then", reads "in fact, he didn't die there"

that is exactly what a retcon is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems good to me.

See, thats the problem in selling a class as their own race, you get this kind of garbage
    What's the problem?

What the Dracthyr are is essentially a playable version of this;

You're saying that you want to take that, and allow it to be a warrior, shaman, etc. instead of allowing it to use its natural abilities like flight, flame breath, scales, tail, Dragonflight magic, etc.

Making a race/class isn't a problem. The problem as I see it is trying to make a dragon into a standard race like Humans, Orcs, Goblins, etc.

Lets not pretend that is it, and i prefer more than plenty of people being excited.
    All things considered, I'm willing to bet that people are more excited to get a playable version of the dragon aspects, than a Drakonoid race.

15+ Year Old Account
    And if they were a success, why he didn't bring then? how he was not able to replicate? why say he was never able to?
    Because something prevented him from doing so. He didn't have access to the same titan tech/power when away from the Dragon Isles. No one else knew he was successful and he never talked about it.

We don't know the story that will explain their existence yet so it is way to early to complain about retcons when it is entirely possible, and plausible, for there to be none. All you are doing is looking for reasons to hate on the expansion even if it is something you need to invent yourself.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Literally all Blizzard needs to do is have a Wacky Titan Machine make the Dracthyr and lore diehards will go ZOMG I LOVE IT!!!

Titans = GOOOOOOOOOOD LORE.