10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    And that president will no doubt have a terrible accident shortly.
    She wanted to resign the moment she learned of the invasion. Which Putin refused to honour. (not saying she has clean hands but she clearly saw what was going to happen and wanted to put as much distance between herself and the incoming shitstorm.)

So the chemical plant fire the other day? It might just be more impactful than first realised. Interesting thread on it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Spoonamor...10440598843394

Without those chemicals you can't make jet/rocket fuel or even explosives or ammo.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-04-23 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    So the chemical plant fire the other day? It might just be more impactful than first realised. Interesting thread on it.

Without those chemicals you can't make jet/rocket fuel or even explosives or ammo.
    So, by May 1st....."FIX BAYONETS! CHARGE!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Among the products this plant made are the additives needed for advanced rocket/jet fuels, treatments/solvents for servicing metal parts, core input chemicals for explosive and solvents/traces/washes needed to manufacture electronics and circuits.
    Between this and the R&D building exploding shortly before it, I'm putting a bit more money on intentional sabotage.

10+ Year Old Account
    AP: Mariupol officials: Second mass grave found
    Another mass grave has been found outside Mariupol, the city council and an adviser to the mayor said Friday.

The city council posted a satellite photo provided by Planet Labs showing what it said was a mass grave 45 meters (147.64 feet) by 25 meters (82.02 feet) that could hold the bodies of at least 1,000 Mariupol residents.

It said the new reported mass grave is outside the village of Vynohradne, which is east of Mariupol.

Earlier this week, satellite photos from Maxar Technologies revealed what appeared to be rows upon rows of more than 200 freshly dug mass graves in the town of Manhush, located to the west of Mariupol.

The discovery of mass graves has led to accusations that the Russians are trying to conceal the slaughter of civilians in the city.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Sanction them back to the stone age, it is.

Jesus fucking christ.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the more cathartic topic of Russian Shit exploding: the TsNIIMash Russian rocket and spacecraft scientific center came down with a sudden case of 'being on fire'.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    On the more cathartic topic of Russian Shit exploding: the TsNIIMash Russian rocket and spacecraft scientific center came down with a sudden case of 'being on fire'.
    There's something more to this, to be certain. That's far too many fires in at least moderately strategic complexes to just be a series of accidents.

I doubt it's a bunch of ninja-esque American black ops teams or whatever, but sabotage feels possible, but even then this coordinated? I dunno. But it's off. Maybe a bunch of insurance scams write large, who knows with how corrupt Russian society is at this point.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There's something more to this, to be certain. That's far too many fires in at least moderately strategic complexes to just be a series of accidents.

I doubt it's a bunch of ninja-esque American black ops teams or whatever, but sabotage feels possible, but even then this coordinated? I dunno. But it's off. Maybe a bunch of insurance scams write large, who knows with how corrupt Russian society is at this point.
    "These were building that were planned for destruction, and it was determined that rather than demolish them the safest way to do so was to burn them to the ground. There is nothing unexpected or to see here, this is just a normal week in Russia."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean it could still be some Spooks, but Spooks leveraging on domestic dissidents to do the deed to keep their own noses clean. Someone else in the thread mentioned that there are tons of Ethnic Ukranians in Russia and might not be a stretch either to assume that they don't like the fact that Russia's fucking their homeland

Could be both, we might never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "These were building that were planned for destruction, and it was determined that rather than demolish them the safest way to do so was to burn them to the ground. There is nothing unexpected or to see here, this is just a normal week in Russia."
    Judges would have also accepted "The building sank due to stormy seas."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I mean it could still be some Spooks, but Spooks leveraging on domestic dissidents to do the deed to keep their own noses clean. Someone else in the thread mentioned that there are tons of Ethnic Ukranians in Russia and might not be a stretch either to assume that they don't like the fact that Russia's fucking their homeland

Could be both, we might never know.
    Still, the idea of ethnic Ukrainians happening to have access to what is, what, half a dozen structures and all deciding to praise the gods of fire within 2-3 days of each other seems a bit much to swallow for me. Regardless of my misgivings, there's clearly more to this even if I doubt we ever learn the truth.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still, the idea of ethnic Ukrainians happening to have access to what is, what, half a dozen structures and all deciding to praise the gods of fire within 2-3 days of each other seems a bit much to swallow for me. Regardless of my misgivings, there's clearly more to this even if I doubt we ever learn the truth.
    Oh for sure. If it's actually CIA we won't know for decades. If it's another country's secret ops we probably will never know. I can expect Russia to roll out scapegoats within a few days, though, just to have anyone to blame. Or outright deny the extent of the damages and pretend everything is going along swimmingly.

Russia is claiming SAS sabotage groups are in Ukraine training Ukrainians so maybe that is the line they are going to go with.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share

Russia is claiming SAS sabotage groups are in Ukraine training Ukrainians so maybe that is the line they are going to go with.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-...ost_type=share
    I'm not sure, "British trained Ukranian sabateurs got deep within Russian territory and simultaneously burned down 4+ buildings that should have been fairly secure in the matter of a few days." is a much better line than "We burned them down on purpose." : |

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm not sure, "British trained Ukranian sabateurs got deep within Russian territory and simultaneously burned down 4+ buildings that should have been fairly secure in the matter of a few days." is a much better line than "We burned them down on purpose." : |
    If the Russian public bought 'we sunk our own flagship' they no doubt will buy that too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It's probably Mariupol residents, but with that removed report on Russian media about 13000 dead and 7000 missing Russian soldiers I wouldn't be entirely surprised if a good part of the bodies are Russian soldiers as well.

Headlines in Russia papers: preventative measures against fires and combustible buildings.....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Here's a video mostly for people who disagreed with my view on how the war will end. An American dude talks to the camera for 7 minutes, from a different PoV in different words he elaborates on the same thought I've been voicing here for good 1.5 months: the fighting is going on, but Russia has already lost the war, the question is what exactly will Russia lose in consequence (in addition to respect).

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just a special water operation.