Poll: What new class would be better?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What new class would u choose?

ok, we already know we got evoker dracthyr TOTALLY out of the blue, BUT, what new class would u like to be added ?
    most of them looks more like a spec, but anyway, just wanna know what u guys think about.

Bard remains at the top of my wishlist for future new classes, with Tinker as a second.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Bard remains at the top of my wishlist for future new classes, with Tinker as a second.
    i wonder how they would make bard work, if they would add musical instruments as a new weapon or what powers would they have.
    can a bard be dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a necromancer, but it's never likely to happen with the similarities between DKs and warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcos Voadores View Post
    i wonder how they would make bard work, if they would add musical instruments as a new weapon or what powers would they have.
    can a bard be dps?
    I can imagine bards incorporating enchanted instruments into some of their abilities without the instruments themselves being new weapon types. At least one bard spec, I generally picture using the same weapons that hunters can, but as a magical class, and I've toyed around with the idea of them having a healing spec that uses your standard healing spec fare, and a unique sort of phys ranged DPS spec that uses daggers and warglaives like ranged weapons, and brings throwing weapons back as a bard-exclusive weapon type.

My take on a bard concept assumed that dragon magic would be involved somehow, but it could probably just be a more mundane sort of magic/enchantments and still generally work. I don't prescribe to the jokey heavy metal ETC-esque take on bards, or the assertion that they have to be a pure support role. I can definitely imagine bards working fine enough with DPS specs.

Bard seems the most interesting to me.

Bard or Tinker.

They both seem to occupy more unused themes than what we currently have.

can a bard be dps?
    I think that's why Bard is the most fun concept. They are free to just go really out there with it.

Maybe they have a unique weapon type that triples as a gun, a blade and an instrument. Really play with the idea that bards are opportunist and excel at adapting to the situation with quick wit.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-04-22 at 08:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So far I'm the one "No new class" vote, because I hate fun, apparently. But if it filled an empty niche and provided a different style of play, I'd be curious.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

5+ Year Old Account
    It would be funny if they even in next turn to add new class gonna pick some unknown class that no one asked, like "Devil Wizzard" forsaken from other world where Life is Death and Devil is Jesus. Just so ION can shit on playerbase some more "We are listening to feedback, and do 180* turn to make everything not like players want"
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-22 at 10:13 PM.

I'd love to play a bard similar to ETC in heroes of the storm. It could also be ranged support class.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-04-22 at 11:36 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

can a bard be dps?
    Yup. They can.

As for 'musical instruments', Blizzard could just give the class special class animations where instead of just wiggling their fingers while casting a spell, they instead pull out a musical instrument and start singing, much like the paladin who would pull out a tome and start casting the spell from it.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I like the concept behind the Evoker class tbh. Fits what I had in mind for a dragonsworn class.

BUT I'd add a Tinker if we had to add a whole new class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yup. They can.

As for 'musical instruments', Blizzard could just give the class special class animations where instead of just wiggling their fingers while casting a spell, they instead pull out a musical instrument and start singing, much like the paladin who would pull out a tome and start casting the spell from it.
    bard from allods online was really interesting but don't quite fit blizz. it would be difficult to think what weapon they would use, can be a bow or a sword maybe. but reggardles power it can be from taming rats with music to pokemon sonic boom

Guess it's too much for this game to ask for a Void Inquisitor but I'll vote for it anyway.

Now that Evokers are in the picture, I guess the concept of the Dragonsworn class will have to take a back seat for quite a while. I don't feel like what I and many envisioned what this class should look like was accomplished, but I guess it's too early to judge. I wanted to see a Dragon "Druid" of sorts with multi specs and roles.

The order in which new classes I'd like to see introduced into the game from my fav to least would be:

1. Necromancer
    2. Bard
    3. Dark Ranger
    4. Tinker

can a bard be dps?
    Say less. See sig.

From the list, I'd say Necromancer. Especially after the Necrolords and Maldraxxus introduced so much death magic. I could see them being another 2 spec class but pure ranged DPS, one focused on undead minions the other focused on death magic nukes and big damage.

I'm also totally fine with them adding classes like Evoker that are completely out of the norm for "RPG staples" as long as they're fun to play and balanced *decently* well.

I want several classes added to the game. Dark Ranger, Warden, Timewalker, etc. But I want Tinker the most. It would be so cool if you could run around zapping people with a raygun that turns them into frogs, or control a small army of robots, or ride a mecha into battle.

Do you mean which class would we like added specifically to this expansion, or just in general with no real backdrop of an expansion looming over us?

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I can imagine bards incorporating enchanted instruments into some of their abilities without the instruments themselves being new weapon types. At least one bard spec, I generally picture using the same weapons that hunters can, but as a magical class, and I've toyed around with the idea of them having a healing spec that uses your standard healing spec fare, and a unique sort of phys ranged DPS spec that uses daggers and warglaives like ranged weapons, and brings throwing weapons back as a bard-exclusive weapon type.

My take on a bard concept assumed that dragon magic would be involved somehow, but it could probably just be a more mundane sort of magic/enchantments and still generally work. I don't prescribe to the jokey heavy metal ETC-esque take on bards, or the assertion that they have to be a pure support role. I can definitely imagine bards working fine enough with DPS specs.
    In terms of the instruments, I could see it being its own customization system, where you have different options for the instrument they are playing and maybe even being able to collect more ingame. In terms of weapon choices to make them more unique, maybe drop one of the hunter ranged weapons and instead re-introduce throwing weapons unique to them, with new distinct sets of throwing weapons and more fluid and fancy animations. Like for example them being unable to use guns, as the noise of gunshots would interfere with their music magic and instead utilizing bows, crossbows and throwing weapons as their ranged weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the Evoker class reinforces the pattern of WC3/HotS establishes future class content, the Tinker would be the obvious choice.