Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wouldn't even care if it had one spec. Nope, just wouldn't.

I feel like tank demon hunter is dumb and DH should only have 1 spec.

But with that being said I would be okay with all classes having only 2 specs. Most of the time 1 spec sucks for most of the classes and is rarely played by anyone anyway.

Example: for the longest time nobody played Arcane mage. Feral druids were terrible for a period of time, nobody played them, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Don't give a shit if a class has 1 spec, 2 specs, 3 specs or 5 specs as long as it plays well. Some of the existing classes would benefit from even removing specs, but they'll never do that.
    All of this, Classes right now feel really barebones and very simple to play, I used to be able to do SO much more as a Hunter I even had a few melee skills but these days its a boring 3 button spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The great thing about this is that the Evoker having the opposite 2 specs of the Demon Hunter (RDPS/Heal vs MDPS/Tank) actually makes the class lineup better overall.
    I absolutely agree with you, I still can't understand how people who play Tanks are taking an absolute fit over this..
    Last edited by Kiria; 2022-04-22 at 10:46 PM.

People shouldn't accept expansions without new classes or races in general, actually. The two very worst expansions were as such. Warlords of Draenor and Shadowlands. Coincidence? Not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    People shouldn't accept expansions without new classes or races in general, actually. The two very worst expansions were as such. Warlords of Draenor and Shadowlands. Coincidence? Not.
    Yes, definitely a coincidence. Or did you forget that Legion was an expansion and that Legion got a new class?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Yes, definitely a coincidence. Or did you forget that Legion was an expansion and that Legion got a new class?
    Legion was awesome, so I don't follow.

Too many classes in a game that relies on class balance is a bad idea, blizz are useless at class balance as it is and make terrible decisions that make classes actively worse, the problem has nothing to do with what expansion it is, its just the general game that doesnt often introduce anything new and exciting to keep players interested, the content they do best is dungeons and raids where that is usually good in most cases regardless of expansion.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Ok, i don't accept it. Blizzard, i forbid you to release Evokers.

There. That will probably do absolutely nothing

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Ok, i don't accept it. Blizzard, i forbid you to release Evokers.

There. That will probably do absolutely nothing
    I was trying to think of a way to say that succinctly. Thanks for putting it better than I could.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I'm not accepting that Evoker doesn't have a black dragon tank spec and that the Dracthyr are so skinny and comical.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLamperouge View Post
    I don´t get why people don´t want other people to have more options.
    I wish for all the players to have more styles of gameplay to choose.
    Having a 3 spec doesn´t mean that the healer and dps are going to disapear....
    but having 2 specs doesnt mean we "shouldnt accept it" when we think 2 is plenty just bcs SOMEONE ELSE wants more...
    personaly i wouldnt mind 3rd spec, but i think its not needed, and trying to make it into an issue is just pointless...
    tbh they could cut few specs from classes without even making any significant impact

- - - Updated - - -

cata and pandaria were not really popular at their time, cata had races pandaria had both... BFA was pretty hated and had SHITLOADS of races...
    so YES, coincidence, quite clearly if you look at all expansions and not only on those which seems to support your subjective opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Yes, it does feel like it's the second half of Demon Hunters people were asking for. I'm not entirely against a sort of archetype race.

But it does tell us when they said they were "considering opening up Demon Hunters to new races" they were lying. They're now embracing the idea of more classes, like Dark Ranger or Tinker, at the expense of making them less unique.

Flavor-wise, Evoker is not largely different from a Mage. Who's going to want to play mage when Evoker is an option?
    Lmao mage and evoker are nothing similar.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    Now 2 specs is the new standard. They have to put in less effort. Why should they design 3 specs if the community accepts 2 just fine?

There is no reason why there couldn't have been a 3rd spec at least.
    Correction: People should not accept classes with three or less specs. All the proper classes have 4 specs
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I would be okay with one spec or four specs. Sometimes you just have to compromise like in the boardroom. Evoker seems underwhelming to me but it's early in the Alpha. They could add more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Lmao mage and evoker are nothing similar.
    Evokers are literally Mages. Blizzard took all the spells for Mages from Evokers. The dragon class is just called Evoker, because it's a "dragon mage". Essentially both the race and class are "dragon".

If a spec of some classes are not that popular does not mean that it should be eliminated or that the new classes should have just one or 2 specs.
    More options always is better.

Quote Originally Posted by sambubu View Post
    Evokers are literally Mages. Blizzard took all the spells for Mages from Evokers. The dragon class is just called Evoker, because it's a "dragon mage". Essentially both the race and class are "dragon".
    Mages are more closely associated with the Blue Dragonflight than any other but Night Elves were practicing all kinds of magic with little, if any, input from dragons over 10,000 years ago. Their mages weren't "taking magic from dragons". The power of the dragons was bestowed upon them by the Titans anyways. Most of their power wasn't inherent to their race to begin with. Even if mages of Azeroth did derive much of their power from "dragon magic", it would be largely from a single flight. Even fire spells used by mages aren't necessarily the same as the fire wielded by the red and black flights. Just as fire wielded by demons isn't the same. This race/class combo was a creation of Neltharion to use the powers of all 5 flights. Many of which are not even touched by mages as we know them.

More to the point, the person you quoted was reacting to someone's ridiculous assertion that no one will play mages once evokers are available. We've seen this argument play out before. Way back when death knights were added, people screeched about how it would be unfair because it was a warrior mixed with a warlock who could self heal. How no one would play anything else but the OP new class. They were very wrong then and they'll be wrong yet again.

This idea that evokers are "largely not a different flavor from mages" lacks even a shred of critical thinking. Warlocks and mages are both spellcasters. Aside from both of them having a tree that uses types of fire magics and wearing cloth, the similarities pretty much end there. Evokers have a single spec to do damage and we've already been given glimpses as to how that works. Some of their abilities are fire and some are arcane. We've not seen a single frost spell from them yet. Because they have one damage tree to work with, it'll be a mix of those fire and arcane abilities. Which means they will lack the breadth of mage spells and talents that focus on fire or arcane. Nevermind the fact that mages have an entire spec dedicated to frost spells, which the evoker doesn't seem to have.

That doesn't even get into the nuances like how they flow in combat. Fire mages and destruction warlocks play nothing alike. There is a different flow with different mechanics. Based on what we've seen and heard, evokers will likely want to be closer to the action than your typical caster enjoys. Mage utility and survival skills like Blink, Ice Block, Invisibility, Portals, Spellsteal, Polymorph, Alter Time, Remove Curse, and even spec specific abilities like Ring of Frost or Slow. Most if not all of these will remain theirs. Any evoker equivalents to any of them will probably come in different forms.

We're certainly not going to see mages fly over the battle breathing fire on people just as we're not likely to see evokers create multiple mirror images of themselves. We're not going to see mages flap their wings to knock people back just as we're not likely to see evokers blinking around the arena. We're not going to see mages doing any healing and we're probably not going to see evokers tapping into a wealth of frost spells.

Just like any other time there have been some thematic or mechanical similarities, mages and evokers will ultimately feel very different. Based on what I've seen and heard, I'm pretty confident that evokers will end up feeling as different to mages as warlocks do.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have literally no issue whatsoever with this class having 2 specs and the fact that they balance out the DH specs I think works nicely.

What I am struggling with is this new race is limited to one class and so as someone who has no interest whatsoever in playing a ranged or healer I will not be able to enjoy the major element of the expansion I’ll be paying for.

Blizzard’s stance on this baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't think every class needs a spec (no idea how to make a third spec for DHs that differentiates itself from the other two. Bow wielding DHs?), but there is definitely a lack of new classes/specs being added to WoW in general. Guild Wars 2 has added 27 new specs since launch, and FFXIV has 17 combat jobs. FFXIV and GW2 have been running for half the time WoW does, and yet WoW has only added a mere 3 classes. Blizzard definitely is lazy.
    gee it's almost like wow specs are dramatically more complicated and require a lot more balancing :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I have literally no issue whatsoever with this class having 2 specs and the fact that they balance out the DH specs I think works nicely.

What I am struggling with is this new race is limited to one class and so as someone who has no interest whatsoever in playing a ranged or healer I will not be able to enjoy the major element of the expansion I’ll be paying for.

Blizzard’s stance on this baffles me.
    It's about time the Tanks never got something, you have enough tank types to choose from, it's about time we got a ranged DPS spec and I'm thankful for Blizz's decision.