7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Honestly, if I know Blizzard to the level that I think I do over the past 20 years, I'd wager the real answer is "It looked cool."

Blizzard is seldom playing 4D chess. They see something IRL that gives a cool visual, they throw it in the game. If the players like it, they leave it open to player interpretation to fill in the lore about it, and if they like the lore they may make it canon eventually.
    IMO this is 100% as it should be in fantasy games. Overexplanation leads to less creativity and coolness. I'd rather have a a cool jungle with fantasy twists that don't make sense in the real world than a recreation of an earth rainforest in any fantasy game
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    "Patch 9.2.5 will start to show some changes that have been going on on Azeroth while we were away. Some of it has been available on the PTR, but some hasn't happened yet."

What secrets are you hiding from us Blizz?!?!
    Not a fan of the Anduin news but I'm dealing. Not even remotely saying DF is bad. No, it looks pretty good.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    DF zones much bigger than in SL. Nice, pairs well with new flying. But no duck mount is a huge slap in the face of this community...

Overall interviews give overwhelmingly food news.
    Also on the zone scale what is interesting is that they said the DF zones individually are bigger than the ones in SL, but also that its one of the largest continents in general that they did. It's a 4-5 zone continent (depending if they count the starting zone) and most of the other large ones have at least 6-7 zones
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also on the zone scale what is interesting is that they said the DF zones individually are bigger than the ones in SL, but also that its one of the largest continents in general that they did. It's a 4-5 zone continent (depending if they count the starting zone) and most of the other large ones have at least 6-7 zones
    Plus they will have big verticality.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    As big as Northrend apparentely

Probably each zone is effectively two zones; the leveling part and the endgame part. If each rep is getting its own campaign at max level, they need the space.

10+ Year Old Account
    New batch of interviews on the front page. Lots of lore explanation.
    The new dragon lore, and Kalecgos, Wrathion, and Mithras’ story arcs already sound a thousand times better than the Shadowlands BS.

5+ Year Old Account
    The additional infos trickling down through the interviews sound promising so far. Except for the disgusting dragon mongrel race class I'm looking forward to what this addon shapes up to be. Maybe Blizzard has finally overcome the marvel retard addon style that is going on since Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dracthyr fixed!

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    That at first looked like a gryphon allied race >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Duckthyr fixed!
    FTFY

/10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't think the number of zones really matters. Remember that Pandaria was originally only very large 4 zones + Vale of Eternal Blossoms to thematically correspond with the Celestials. But they later split Valley of the Four Winds and Townlong Steppes into 2 zones each without changing the overall size of Pandaria.

Zones like Jade Forest and Kunlai felt very massive to me in MoP and supposedly the Dragon Isles zones will be even larger.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the Login screen will be.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I wonder what the Login screen will be.
    I'm going with the beacon thingy glowing, and some dragons flying around it.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

absolute gigachad, if AR leak truly happens i vote for either tuskarr or crunched to zandalari size vrykuls.
    What AR leak would that be?

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope people push for fully armored dracthyr, don't wanna play a reskinned blood elf

10+ Year Old Account
    What AR leak would that be?
    The Preorder pet is supposedly a Tuskarr child. That alongside the new models, and a female Tuskarr is pushing people to believe that Tuskarr are potentially a new AR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Hope people push for fully armored dracthyr, don't wanna play a reskinned blood elf
    They're not going to be fully armored because dragons aren't fully armored, despite their visage forms.

Dracthyr are pretty much this;

Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-23 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't keep up with Retail. What changes have we seen on PTR so far?
    Almost none which is the whole issue. They have stuff encrypted so we can't see the biggest changes yet.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Their scales are essentially their armour... Anything extra is usually ornamental.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Their scales are essentially their armour... Anything extra is usually ornamental.
    yea, i wanna look good