Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The vibes I got from the preview was early production. I will be taking a break sooner or later. (Most already on break) Now what they display on the next announcement in the coming months will make me decide if I am actually coming back or not. Four zones I was really not impressed at all and I did call it out. Also a couple of other concerns I been vocal about with them. I am curious to see if they will put minimal effort and content as it will show. Or if I will be surprised with a lot more and fixes like people requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    So blind ignorance then?
    Kewl kewl
    Oh no, I'm just sane enough to not to take seriously randoms on the internet. I just never knew I have so much influence on their life by paying for a game I enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually, Blizzard has stated that these zones are going to be much larger, and have a lot more vertical height because of dragonflight. So yeah, it's not a fair comparison.
    So in other words everyone and their dog will be complaining about how much they suck, how far away everything is, how hard everything is to get to, and how far out of their way they need to travel to get up a mountain. Got it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yup. Blizzard has learned that they can produce less content and still be rewarded.
    This. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    Yeah 4 zones is crazy low. The absolute minimum should be at least 5 if not 6.
    Why a number though?
    Would you be happy with 6 small zones instead of 4 big zones?
    Or 6 big zones with 2 bad ones instead of 4 good zones?

I agree that Blizz is trying to get away with making less and selling it for the same price, but this quantity over quality crap that the forums are on is just annoying. At least see the quality before you complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Hey you're the one who eats up trash and enjoys being taken for a fool.
    But I guess you're the clever one?
    You're the one crying over what someone does with their own money/time.

Yeah I was disappointed with that announcement of only 4 zones.

Number obsessed shit is stupid. They can have 4 zones and have them be large and full of activities instead of 11 smaller zones with jack shit to do.
    Sounds a lot like they want to go for GW2 style world design in Dragonflight, and that can only be a good thing.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Number obsessed shit is stupid. They can have 4 zones and have them be large and full of activities instead of 11 smaller zones with jack shit to do.
    Sounds a lot like they want to go for GW2 style world design in Dragonflight, and that can only be a good thing.
    Damn, the people praising Blizzard for always giving them less are never not amusing to me. lol

You know you could have 10 big zones that are also full of activities than 4 big ones that are full of activities? You know that right? Next expansion: "We give you 2 zones, but they are full of activities, more so than last time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Damn, the people praising Blizzard for always giving them less are never not amusing to me. lol

You know you could have 10 big zones that are also full of activities than 4 big ones that are full of activities? You know that right? Next expansion: "We give you 2 zones, but they are full of activities, more so than last time!"
    Others just know that the size of the zones and what you can do in them is more important than number of zones...
    They already mentioned it will be one of their biggest continents yet.

How is a number that has little bearing on actual depiction of size matter?

If we have the same landmass but they cut it up into 10 zones full of activities there's nothing saying that would be more activities than 4 zones full of the same activites. Since they work with the same landmass.

It's like saying that if you cut a pizza up into 20 pieces instead of 4 you have more pizza.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Others just know that the size of the zones and what you can do in them is more important than number of zones...
    They already mentioned it will be one of their biggest continents yet.

How is a number that has little bearing on actual depiction of size matter?

If we have the same landmass but they cut it up into 10 zones full of activities there's nothing saying that would be more activities than 4 zones full of the same activites. Since they work with the same landmass.

It's like saying that if you cut a pizza up into 20 pieces instead of 4 you have more pizza.
    Except those 20 pieces are flavored differently. Each zone in previous expansions has a very unique style to one another. Take Kul'Tiras and Zandalar for example. No 2 zones are the same. This is just them saving themselves from doing extra work by designing different looking zones/areas by making 4 big ones.

8 dungeons two per zones, one world boss each zone. They are desning based on a formula.

I don't think that the number of zones has ever really mattered that much to my enjoyment of the leveling and questing experience in these expansions. For all I care, they could just consider the Dragon Isles one huge singular zone with 'Waking Shore', 'Azure Span', etc, as big-fonted sub-zones that fade in and out on-screen when I enter the area. That's basically what it is. Imaginary zone borders don't really matter that much to me, in and of themselves. Not more than the amount of content in the space that I have to play in, of which I know next to nothing at the moment.

On the subject of imaginary zone borders, though, it's refreshing to get an expansion again where the entire new continent seems to be exactly that, a big singular continent, and not divided up by a loading screen like Zandalar/Kul Tiras, or ironically soulless corridors like the Shadowlands. That's an early plus from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    They've also said that these are the largest zones they've ever created, so it's possible we are getting more with less. Either way, we won't know until Alpha, but I'm sure that won't stop the "Blizzard bad" people from doom saying.
    I know there’s a crowd that likes to shit on everything but this is just as tiring.

Yes Blizzard said one thing, no we haven’t seen it. Yes, it’s fair to predict diminishing standards based on pattern trends.

4 zones is not a bad if they’re bigger. Even better if they use that one extra time to polish patch zones. But I’m going to lower my expectations and say they’re not using that time - either because it doesn’t exist or they are mismanaged despite a bigger team (proof that bigger =/= better).

Four zones are fine. Especially if they actually are big(Blizz has said they will be) and not convoluded like its been for many zones in recent xpacs. Most importantly - will the zones be good?

There are lots of zones in the game that are small but have been great and vice verca.

Also, we can probably make an educated guess that in the patches in 10.0 will bring new zones too.

Didn't realize I was praising Blizzard, but I find it more hilarious when people who hate the game and the company actively post on a forum about the game with their pfp avatar from the game.

Yeah you're right though, we could also get 50 massive zones with nonstop content, 20 dungeons and 6 raids on launch. Because Blizzard isn't doing this, the expansion is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Except those 20 pieces are flavored differently. Each zone in previous expansions has a very unique style to one another. Take Kul'Tiras and Zandalar for example. No 2 zones are the same. This is just them saving themselves from doing extra work by designing different looking zones/areas by making 4 big ones.
    Except we can already see that each zone has a variety of biomes in DF.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Didn't realize I was praising Blizzard, but I find it more hilarious when people who hate the game and the company actively post on a forum about the game with their pfp avatar from the game.
    Huh? So if we post in the forums we must love the game unconditionally and not criticize anything our lords at Blizzard do? That's not how it works. Not everyone is a sheep in here, buddy. I've played Blizzard games for over 20 years and will continue to play them, but they need a strong criticism if they are to improve.

Yeah you're right though, we could also get 50 massive zones with nonstop content, 20 dungeons and 6 raids on launch. Because Blizzard isn't doing this, the expansion is shit.
    No one said 50 massive zones or 20 dungeons and 6 raids at launch. But glorifying less content isn't helping either.

Except we can already see that each zone has a variety of biomes in DF.
    Haven't heard anything about that. If it's true it will be the first time they've done this since I can't remember another zone that had different biomes within it.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about four zones but not realizing that the Dragon Isles is going to be one of the biggest expansion continents that’s comparable to Northrend supposedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Comparing the number of zones of an old expac to a new one is pretty disingenuous. If the zones are just large swathes of land covered in mobs but devoid of questing areas like Icecrown, who cares. Worse yet a zone like Crystalsong that has nothing literally in it to do. I doubt people in here are demanding zones of interesting art with nothing else just to have another biome to look at.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-04-23 at 06:52 PM.

When the whole world scales with you, the number of zones doesnt matter. It could be a single giant zone for all i care. Splitting it into "zones" is just to help differentiate biomes and questlines.

Cant wait for 3 expansions from now where we have just a single large zone for a entire expansion.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB