Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You have had the option to not use your flying mount except for a few places, since flying was added in TBC. No one is forcing you to fly. Dont like flying, dont fly.
    Yeah right, and when questing and leveling was super duper easy you had the option to not use talent x, not wearing gear or bullshit like that.

Dragonriding is just one step closer to my hunter being capable of becoming 'a priestess of the moon' combat mount riding ranger.

Wow's combat pacing is awkward af because it still has so much gurgle. Its improved miles but theres still glitches and rotations that have no interesting filler actions, yet the conceptual practice with 100% dps uptime being optimized output means you are limited to doing minimum filler actions. I don't think wows ever going to be overwatch, or even diablo... but its definitely not classic era any more and I really enjoy where the devs are hinting at progressing combat.
    Last edited by Athorha; 2022-04-23 at 08:07 AM.

All I want is the game to accept that it's going to be alive for the foreseeable future and to start designing the game that way. Ion acknowledging that they're just kicking the problem can down the road for them to solve in years' time is super discouraging for the game. This is a long-tail product and it would be nice for them to develop it like one rather than the hard reset we've been getting for every expansion since Burning Crusade. Hell, these days we're getting hard resets on progress every major patch.

I want an honest RPG, where we have actual growth instead of what we have now. I want that feeling of a journey back. The feeling of an actual world instead of some virtual theme park. Dragonflight does look like it could hit that mark, we'll just have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Do you play M+ and dislike it? or just annoyed that so much gear comes from it and its essentially become the best gearing path (in most situations, not all)? I ask because i dont like pet battles, so i dont play them, but, they dont impact the game outside of pet battles, while M+ certainly does.

- - - Updated - - -

You CAN get heroic quality sets from dungeons and pvp, so im guessing its the middle one you REALLY mean, right? WQ. You want heroic raid quality gear from daily quests - because like i said, you can already get that from BGs and dungeons. And why specifically heroic quality? why not normal? why not lfr? why do you want it to be HEROIC quality gear?
    Likely because he is specifically thinking of Wraths system which by todays ilv terms would give herpic quality just at a much slower rate then raiding.

As somebody who plays less now because of real life stuff I want to be able to dip into the game and actually play content, not grind renown first. I should be able to drop in, play some battlegrounds, arena, mythics, etc with less of a barrier to entry. Fundamentally gear should be the barrier to entry - not renown, or other stupid artificial things. Having a decent group finder would also help endlessly. I know I'm playing the wrong game, but when you've played it since 2006 it isn;t that easy.

Introducing a race that, at launch, is basically a class because of all the restrictions is BEYOND idiotic. BfA and Shadowlands were trash and this is what we get going forward? Also, Danuser has already shit out more egregious retconning when it comes to the lore surrounding Dragonflight.

So what do I want? I want them to add things that are meaningful. If it's a class, make it available to pretty much every race. If it's a race, give them more grounded and consistent lore and no more fucking furry races. I want them to be more consistent with the lore instead of changing everything every single fucking expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Yeah right, and when questing and leveling was super duper easy you had the option to not use talent x, not wearing gear or bullshit like that.
    Except they're right. Whining that flying destroys the game is nothing but people trying to control how other people play the game. If someone doesn't like flying, then they can use ground mounts. But instead they whine about how OTHER people are playing the game.

My desires for the game are fairly simple. I want:

An expansion that gives me new zones to level in with at least somewhat interesting questlines that don't rely on reading multitudes of paragraphs to understand.

An expansion that does not over complicate things with random expansion-long systems that punish you for literally any time spent playing the game on anything other than your main.

An expansion that doesn't push raiders to do PvP or constantly grind Mythic+ in order to maintain relevance, and the same for for players that prefer Mythic+ content or PvP. I would like each of these to maintain their own separate progression path.

An expansion that lets organized raid groups determine their preferred loot distribution method.

Unrestricted access to flight is a plus.

I just wanna be able to raid without having to be forced to do 10 different systems so i can be MINIMALY optimal for raiding,spending 90% of my gametime getting ready for the 10% raiding is just silly,and thats just when u have one character,if you wanna be really optimal and have alts....it will be like 99.99% of your time spent not actualy raiding

Covenants disputing contestable zones that affect the world quests and instances. That's what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxgrim View Post
    What does people actually want out of this game? After the announcement of Dragonflight: I have seen near nothing but complaints but the complaints is all geared toward aspects that Dragonflight seems to be "Doing right"

"I am sick of this otherworldly BS that is Shadowlands, can we just have a grounded expansion on Azeroth next" - We get that now, but suddenly it's wrong because it's on The Dragon Isles? I am no lore expert but what places besides Tel'Abim and Dragon Isles is there even left on Azeroth to see?
    To answer this, there are a bunch of islands that have either been mentioned in passing, or were part of older games that haven't been seen. They would likely make them much bigger in WoW than they were ever mentioned or shown, like they did with the Broken Isles, Pandaria, Kul Tiras, and Zandalar.

-Darkspear Islands are still around, but they were partially destroyed. Some trolls stayed around for a while after the majority of them left.
    -Balor was a domain owned by Stormwind, located west of Stormwind. The Alliance and Horde fought over it once upon a time.
    -Zul'Dare is near Gilneas, but it's owned by Kul Tiras. We know nothing about it, except that it may have a troll presence (or once had a troll presence) due to the name.
    -Plunder Isle is the home base of the Bloodsail Buccaneers.
    -Kezan has been largely unexplored, other than the northern and southern shores. Due to the fact that Crapopolis is a thing in BfA, it seems Kezan wasn't totally destroyed in the Cataclysm like previously stated. Likewise, that leaves Undermine to be explored.
    -The empire of Azj'Aqir was said to span from the far west of Ancient Kalimdor to modern day Quel'thalas. In BfA, the Aqir burrowed from the ground, and many returned to the earth when N'Zoth was defeated. Considering that the Qiraji, Nerubians, and Mantid are all offshoots of the Aqir, there could be plenty of other creepy crawly bug people in a giant subterranean empire on Azeroth.
    -There were other Titan facilities mentioned in BfA, like Uldorus and Uldaz.

They could start with any of those places, then add whatever they want to it. That's what they've done for everything in WoW anyway. For instance, the Broken Isles wasn't anything like how it was shown or described in WC3 (even the names were different). Even the Dragon Isles was just a name of something on a map from the planning stages, which has a giant temple that was found in the files that looked like an Old God temple. It wasn't even canon to WoW's lore until BfA.

From this point forward, most of what we explore will be made up, since most of the stuff from the RTS games and novels has been shown. People will have to get used to that.

As far as your questions, though, people will never be happy. Announcements in the past over-promised and under-delivered, so this announcement was bare bones. No one has been happy with either result.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

5+ Year Old Account
    So far, I've noticed that the community is simply divided into two groups. One is a hardcore mythic raiding group of "big dandy boys" who usually care about nothing else than looting the boss, and the other is a casual group of chill people who are looking for actual fun and relaxation. While one of them is pleased, the other will be pretty much disappointed. Light and void, the charms of the cosmos.

Honestly, ive no idea what i want out of the game any more. Dont get me wrong, i dont hate it. I just dont know what my aspirations or goals are.
    The best way i can answer that question is to maybe explain the things ive enjoyed in the past:
    1. I liked the lego quest chains in mop and wod.
    2. I liked the allied races grinds in BFA.
    3. Suramar was fun.
    4. I like the legion mount quest chain in 7.2 (was it?)
    5. I actually like pathfinder. Well, i really enjoyed it in Wod and legion.
    6. Mechagon was fun. Stupidly high cosmetic rewards tied into very low rng. I loved grinding it every day.
    7. I really enjoyed the world quest/emissary upgrades in BFA. Sure, you'd get log-jammed here and there, but if you got lucky with a world boss or a warfront drop and saw your ilvl cross the threshold (every 5ilvls) you had another 2 weeks of fun world quests.
    8. The cypher system (as a pillar) has potential. I remember way back in 8.2 preach talking about something very similar (instead of pearl farming). Right now, the rewards aint that interesting, but if they iterate on it, i can see genuine potential.

So yeah, thats all i need to keep my happy and subbed in wow.

Im not really asking for much. I would happy if it was easy to switch to other characters(Alts). I havel always enjoyed lvling but for the last couple of xpacs I park them at max lvl until next xpac arrives.

Its just to much shite grind for my alts that I cant be bothered with anymore. Soul ass is one of them. Not only must I farm for my mains legendary, theres a second one now too. So if I play a alt, I gotta farm that shite again for two legendaries to be relevant. Cant be bothered with it.
    Yes I know it aint much or a looong grind for soul ass now, but still.'

if there are legendary in DB, I hope its a low drop chance from a boss. I dont care that someone gets lucky and have it. I dont want to farm that shit over and over.

For me, the replayability is huge when I can easily swap to alts and different specs with ease.

I just want content and improvements to gameplay.

rest is just fluff tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Oooh! ive thought of two more:
    1. Glyphs from Wotlk. They were so fun to customise.
    2. Reforging from panda. The amount of garbage gear my sin rogue gets in world questing... i mean, i couldnt care if i wanted to not care... but i could also just reforge it because i have a basic understanding of my spec and want it to be relatively decent in world content? Can i have the choice, at least?

I want the community feel back. I want when I go into a dungeon to feel like I'm there with other people, not just bots. No one talks.

I want people to have reasons to communicate and work together that go beyond tagging a mob for credit.

I want something besides the fruity LQTBBQ Dragon race. Otherwise i liked most of what i saw

10+ Year Old Account
    Return of REAL world pvp. They been neglecting WPvP since Cataclysm now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I want the community feel back. I want when I go into a dungeon to feel like I'm there with other people, not just bots. No one talks.

I want people to have reasons to communicate and work together that go beyond tagging a mob for credit.
    That will literally never happen. Because even on Classic servers, that's the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I want something besides the fruity LQTBBQ Dragon race. Otherwise i liked most of what i saw
    wtf does this mean? You're gonna have to explain your reasoning for this comment.

I was agreeing with you until the "argument" against housing. The game does not have ONE homogenous audience. And the majority would most likely enjoy housing. Also, should no game have housing anymore because there is this one other game who has it? That makes no sense and it just looks like you're trying to pick apart every single complaint people have.
    You know, it's ok to deal with some points and leave out others. You don't have to think of arguments against EVERY complaint to the point of telling people "but you wanting this is wrong, go to some other game if you want something this game genre kinda has everywhere else"...
    Why even ask what ppl want if you're gonna tell them that.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-04-23 at 03:39 PM.