Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    That will literally never happen. Because even on Classic servers, that's the case.

- - - Updated - - -

wtf does this mean? You're gonna have to explain your reasoning for this comment.
    You commented so i'm sure you understood perfectly

As long as m+ is fun i really don't care. I wish all the ppl that quit and predict the downfall of wow every chance they get, would also quit the forums lol. "You're only catering to the 5%!!!" Bro go home

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxgrim View Post
    I would like to start this post by making it clear that under no circumstance am I saying "EVERYONE is saying X" - But that it simply feels like "a MAJORITY is saying X" <- Based of comments, threads, posts, chats, talks, messages and replies left behind / posted here on MMO-C, on the official Forums, Facebook Groups, Reddit, Discord servers and sometimes even in-game on the rare occasion at which I have spoke to people.

What does people actually want out of this game? After the announcement of Dragonflight: I have seen near nothing but complaints but the complaints is all geared toward aspects that Dragonflight seems to be "Doing right"

"I am sick of this otherworldly BS that is Shadowlands, can we just have a grounded expansion on Azeroth next" - We get that now, but suddenly it's wrong because it's on The Dragon Isles? I am no lore expert but what places besides Tel'Abim and Dragon Isles is there even left on Azeroth to see? I can't imagine people being any more happy if Blizzard just pulled a new zone / continent out of thin air... So why is it "so bad" when we finally get what people have been asking for? An expansion that does not send us to another plane of existence.

"I am so sick of borrowed power! Can it just go die!" - It's been confirmed that there will be no Borrowed power systems in Dragonflight but the its suddenly bad that there is no massive system announced like we got for Artifacts, Azerite and the Covenants? Anything that isn't "Borrowed Power" is clearly not going to be a big thing and yeah while I get that it's a bit "odd" that we do not know what the central "stick" of Dragonflight will be yet, there is just such an overwhelming about of moaning about this, making it seem like people would rather have Borrowed Power than an expansion without a massive carrot.

"Why can't we just get a new race / class already" - We got both. And yes, yes - I do agree that the restriction is kind of stupid (I do hope that come 11.0 - The Dracthyr have learned some of our class skills and they have learned us the arts of being an Evoker) But the sheer amount of complaints now makes it seem like people would suddenly rather have NOTHING instead of what we did get. How is that... Why is that? Isn't his better than nothing? I get that this isn't "Ogre Tinker" which seems like it's a lot of people's wet dream - But surely this is better than nothing?

"I swear to god, if they do Pathfinder one more time I will snap." - They ain't doing that, and now that is wrong too? I get that the Dragon Riding system is new and scary, but at the end of the day you will get to fly from A to B without the same amount of fuzz that comes with the Pathfinder system. And yeah I have seen all the "THEY ARE JUST RIPPING OFF GW2" comments but honestly... Isn't that BETTER than the current "Swimming in the air" that is the current flight system? From the looks alone I hope Dragon Riding is perfected to the point where it becomes the norm for all flying mounts come 11.0

There are other complaints too like: "Why only 4 zones" which seems to ignore that they mentioned how these zones will be massive compared to older ones. People moaning over the new profession stuff after having cried for years for Blizzard to make professions more relevant, which they now are trying to do. "Why can't we just get player housing, FFXIV does it so why can't WoW" which completely ignores how the games is catering to completely different audiences, if you want player housing so bad, why are you not playing FF instead? "Why is the Sword still in Silithus?" I mean, we DID remove the corruption from it, it's not currently KILLING the planet anymore... And what would we do? Ask Khagdar to try and disenchant it? I doubt any of us have a titan on speed-dial that can come and pull it out. What I have seen the least amount of complaints about is the Talent system but even that there has been people whining over.

I fully understand that WoW is a far cry from what it once was, I get that. But why is it that when Blizzard does X and X is done in the way the community seemingly have been asking for it to be for years: They still get crap... What do you people actually wan to be happy? I am just so confused...
    Personally, if Dragonflight can get the same patch cycle that Legion did - I can see myself enjoying it just fine. Will it be phenomenal? Most likely not, I doubt we will get another "solid" expansion until whatever 12.0 ends up being, but does Dragonflight look like a step in the right direction? I'd say so.
    you are assuming wow playerbase is a unified unity - which is not

lets take example of SL - its the supposed to be dream expansion of streamers and youtubers - those 2 groups have been whining and bitching for years about certain parts of game - blizzard listened to their whinging because it coincided with what raiders were asking too - and the resoult is expasnion not only abandoned by 90 % of players but also by the same streamers and youtubers who asked for exackly the same things we got.

lets go back to your thread . you are describing something which certain part of playerbase have been asking for. but it doesnt really matter what they bring into game once the bare core of game continiues to be broken .

as long as game continiues to be overtuned mess with not activities interesting and rewarding for casual majority of playerbase it doesnt matter what they will do . expansion will still fail .

and that core is

a) much easier raids and dungeons letting 60-70 % of players to have fun not just 5 %
    b) badge gear system letting casual players access to certain number of veyr powerfull items from easiest activities in game like hc dungeons. liek it was in wolk-mop era and it simply worked.
    c) deterministic way to obtain rewards - gear / ap whatever that lets people be more powerfull over time. Vp is perfct for it - its just timegated and there should be no timegate whatsover - more you shoudl be abel to upgrade any gear dropping from game to max level - aka from worldbosses and raids too . an no stupid cap 6 itlv below max level - just straight tomax level .

neither SL nor 10.0 offers those repairs to game - fursther Ion in interview saying that wolk classic will have lfd and then saying that we wont get normal flying only their cancer next try to remove flying from game in form of dragon gliding is proof they learned nothing and they will continiue to alienate people

untill Ion is fired wow will continiue to decline

a compensation for their lack of social, sexual and financial life, can the game does that?

seriously though? Solo Q, that alone is enough for me to stay subbed for the entirety of the xpansion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    You commented so i'm sure you understood perfectly
    Except I really have no idea what you were trying to say, that's how utterly asinine your comment was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I really have no idea what you were trying to say, that's how utterly asinine your comment was.
    My guess deviantart scalie stuff is what he meant.

what i want is pretty simple,

-good raids.
    -zone with 1-2 months worth of content for completionists and 1 month of lower intensity content for non-completionists, with content for non completionist taking 30-60minutes a day max.
    -some pve side activity besides raids, M+ fills that job but i wouldn't mind an overhaul after 3 expansions of the same model.
    -better quality assurance, way too much obviously untested content nowadays.
    -improved system to make sure that you can get your loot/tmogs/etc eventually even if you have bad luck.

a good story or something else to get you invested in the game would be nice too, but lets be honest for everybody who still plays that's probably not a make it or break it thing.
    i would also really really like a proper in game guild/people finder, run some machine learning on the player base and use that to connect like minded players.

pvp, pet battles, professions, etc are all nice to haves. islands, talents, torghast, covenants, borrowed power etc isn't ideal if it's bad for this long in a row, but also obviously not a dealbreaker.

For me the 2 biggest areas would be good raids I can have fun progressing and good dungeons I don't mind doing and with a purpose to them. A huge reason I would put Wotlk in my bottom 2 expansions is that I only thought 1 of the raids was fantastic (Ulduar) so the rest was a pretty mixed bag with some terrible lowpoints, and dungeon-wise I wasn't huge on running super easy daily heroics for a couple of badges. Expansions like BFA and SL have their problems but the raid quality has been stronger IMO and something like M+ fills a huge hole I felt during Wotlk/Cata, and I would easily take BFA/SL over those two for those reasons.

Then after the raid/dungeons everything else I would consider more of a bonus. Having other side activities is great too, personally I actually consider it a slight on SL that we didn't get a new pet dungeon or new archeology achievements/stuff. Yeah 2 pretty small things in the bigger picture but things I still enjoy having for variety.

Dragonflight looks pretty amazing overall honestly. I just have minor complaints about the dragon race. Even if they are not addressed I'm still all in on this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Return of REAL world pvp. They been neglecting WPvP since Cataclysm now?
    whats "real" world pvp?

i did lots of wpvp in nazjatar (group v group) and at those pvp towers in legion (ganking).

back when i still had warmode on i also ran into opposite faction at rare mobs with some regularity. would probably still have warmode on if they came up with some solution for summoning stones.

I am so tired of people like you complaining that "people keep changing their minds" or that "nobody is ever happy".

THEY ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS

wtf does this mean? You're gonna have to explain your reasoning for this comment.
    The race has more than 1 color on their body so clearly Blizzard wants to groom children /s

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    What is player housing?

Are you even old enough to know what player housing is in a MMO? What game did you try, that you can relate and translate into WoW?
    Lotro. Rift. Wildstar. Ff14. Teso. Kotor. I think it would be harder to name mmos that do NOT have player housing rather than the opposite.
    At this point, could you just drop the anti player housing stuff? Just drop it. I get it, you don't want it, make a poll to see if people do or not, stop pretending mmos don't do player housing. They do. People like that. In a game where xmog is half jokingly called the "true endgame" and where mount collecting is a massive thing, do you really think housing is not a thing people want and would truly enjoy?

See, you just didn't agree and was playing stupid. That is stupid in itself

Different people want different things out of the game.

See, you just didn't agree and was playing stupid. That is stupid in itself
    No I legitimately have no idea what you were trying to say. Are you trying to insult drakthyr because their models don't blatantly show the difference between male and female models? If so, you really need to go back to middle school and retake biology since you clearly didn't listen. Drakthyr are reptiles so trying to make a bigoted comment about the LGBT community like I'm thinking you were doing just shows your ignorance.

No I legitimately have no idea what you were trying to say. Are you trying to insult drakthyr because their models don't blatantly show the difference between male and female models? If so, you really need to go back to middle school and retake biology since you clearly didn't listen. Drakthyr are reptiles so trying to make a bigoted comment about the LGBT community like I'm thinking you were doing just shows your ignorance.
    Why are you pretending like you didnt understand xD you're harbouring a lot more issues though, i was only thinking about the brazillian gay pelican colour scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    They could start with any of those places, then add whatever they want to it. That's what they've done for everything in WoW anyway. For instance, the Broken Isles wasn't anything like how it was shown or described in WC3 (even the names were different). Even the Dragon Isles was just a name of something on a map from the planning stages, which has a giant temple that was found in the files that looked like an Old God temple. It wasn't even canon to WoW's lore until BfA.
    I would love that, but giving the existing world a revamp would be just as amazing. Blizzard has come so far in their environment production, to see them re-apply all that on existing zones would be interesting, and grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I am so tired of people like you complaining that "people keep changing their minds" or that "nobody is ever happy".

THEY ARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT OPINIONS
    Yes and quite a few are strawmen. I've been droning on about wanting more grounded zones, preferable more wide and sprawling. Shadowlands and Broken Isles felt particularly claustrophobic. Seems that the Dragonfight is going to give me exactly what I want and I'm grateful for that.

I haven't seen anyone who continues to complain about not having any grounded environments. These people seem entirely fictional.
    Last edited by Iain; 2022-04-23 at 07:06 PM.

Innovation in game mechanics and not a class that no one asked for that looks completely uninteresting and has an awful looking model.

Basically nothing that this Blizzard team is capable of. It isn't really their fault, too many of the original developers and leaders who actually had passion for the game are gone. Not enough left to keep the game relevant and new.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2022-04-23 at 07:10 PM.

Why are you pretending like you didnt understand xD you're harbouring a lot more issues though, i was only thinking about the brazillian gay pelican colour scheme
    Ah more hate speech and ad hominem.