Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    4 zones, with the continent being larger than average. 8 dungeons.
    "Larger then average"
    Actually "May be the largest we have ever made"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    A big continent like northrend or pandaria would have been awesome. I felt bfa and shadowlands had nothing to explore
    that is exactly what they are doing, its supposidly going to be one of if not their biggest continent yet, since they dont have to worry about getting around like you did the past few expacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    4 Zones, 4 Dungeons...
    There are confirmed 8 dungeons.

Azure Span has more variation in its design then alot of older zones. I'll take 4 diverse zones over older zones.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-04-23 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Cant wait for 3 expansions from now where we have just a single large zone for a entire expansion.
    And would that be bad?

"New zone, northrend!"

How many zones does not matter, its how BIG the zone is that does.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Larger then average"
    Actually "May be the largest we have ever made"
    It is not larger than Outland for sure. It's slightly bigger than Northrend from what I gathered.

Also the biggest expansion in terms of zones will forever be Cataclysm with the revamp of all Classic zones + Deepholm + Maelstrom + Vashj'ir + The opening of some classic zones which we never had before like Hyjal. So nothing will ever come close to that ever again.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-23 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    It is not larger than Outland for sure. It's slightly bigger than Northrend from what I gathered.

Also the biggest expansion in terms of zones will forever be Cataclysm with the revamp of all Classic zones + Deepholm + Maelstrom + Vashj'ir + The opening of some classic zones which we never had before like Hyjal. So nothing will ever come close to that ever again.
    Oh shit did you get into the alpha?
    If so please share, cause thats the only way you would know its larger then northrend but smaller then outland!

Oh shit did you get into the alpha?
    If so please share, cause thats the only way you would know its larger then northrend but smaller then outland!
    Blizzard confirmed it in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    4 level up zones, plus the Drac'thyr starting zone, which will be significantly smaller, because they start at level 58. They will be about as big as Death Knight and Demon Hunter zones, if that.

So only 4 real new zones. Even in recent expansions, before Shadowlands, like in MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA, we've always at least gotten 5-6 zones. Now since Shadowlands (The Maw doesn't count), and continuing on into Dragonflight, the new standard is 4 zones.

We used to have double as much. WotLK had 8, not counting the 2 empty zones. TBC had 7, and if you count the starter zones as well it had 11.

And all of the zones look very bland to be honest. Everything looks like something we've already seen before.
    1 expansion doesn't make it standard.

MoP - 7 zones
    WoD - 7 zones (not counting Ashram)
    Legion - 7 zones
    BFA - 8 zones
    SL - 7 (not counting oribos)

You not wanting to count a zone doesn't mean its not a zone. The maw exists and it is a zone. Just like Zerith Mortis counts even though you don't want it to count.

Blizzard confirmed it in an interview.
    Got a link on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Oh no, I'm just sane enough to not to take seriously randoms on the internet. I just never knew I have so much influence on their life by paying for a game I enjoy!
    Your narcissism is showing. Might want to cover that up.

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    4 level up zones, plus the Drac'thyr starting zone, which will be significantly smaller, because they start at level 58. They will be about as big as Death Knight and Demon Hunter zones, if that.

So only 4 real new zones. Even in recent expansions, before Shadowlands, like in MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA, we've always at least gotten 5-6 zones. Now since Shadowlands (The Maw doesn't count), and continuing on into Dragonflight, the new standard is 4 zones.

We used to have double as much. WotLK had 8, not counting the 2 empty zones. TBC had 7, and if you count the starter zones as well it had 11.

And all of the zones look very bland to be honest. Everything looks like something we've already seen before.
    since when does the maw, korthia, and zereth mortis not count as zones?

also did you forget shadowlands added a new starting zone? why didnt you count that?

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Cant wait for 3 expansions from now where we have just a single large zone for a entire expansion.
    Technically they really all are one zone. Just with senic changes.

This. /10char
    Pretty much. Hell, Legion basically had 4 starter zones (since the garbage that was Suramar was a cap zone) and the majority of people on forums worship that shit. BFA had 6 and and the majority do nothing but complain and cry about everything BFA. Shadowlands had 5 and guess what, more bitching.

Why would they not try to go back to the expansion that people worship?

Got a link on that?
    https://www.well-played.com.au/drago...xpansion-devs/

They are not specifically saying smaller than Outland, but if Dragon Isles were bigger than Outland they wouldn't compare it to Northrend which is smaller than Outland. Hope you understand what I was saying now.

https://www.well-played.com.au/drago...xpansion-devs/

They are not specifically saying smaller than Outland, but if Dragon Isles were bigger than Outland they wouldn't compare it to Northrend which is smaller than Outland. Hope you understand what I was saying now.
    1- we dont know what "size comparison" they use, maybe total size, total playable size, general shape etc
    2- they could have easily simply compared it to a zone people like, or a zone people can visualize size wise, as outland is far harder because of its floating islands and stuff.
    3- they could have simply just chosen a zone they could easily compare it to, because this island looks like it will be a blob, just like northerend, not a giant star like outland is.
    northrend is an easy contient to compare to cause of its shape, outland is not.

Also wait wtf you talking about outland bigger then northrend? northrend is bigger... TBC added more overall zone, but a LOT of that is not outland.
    BC added MORE then just outlands, but outlands is a smaller continent.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-04-23 at 08:01 PM.

snip
    These are interesting comparisons. Outland to me seems a lot bigger than Northrend. It's also a lot emptier, that is a fact, but it's a huge continent.

Also based on the current map, it's pretty easy to make assumption on how "big" the Dragon Isles will look based on the placement:

WoW releases 4 zones, FFXIV released 6.... and i'm telling you that the ffxiv zones are half the size of the WoW ones. So it's not like Blizzard isn't adding in lots of new "Content" or "land"
    Blizzard's issue is they don't use their previous lands in their expansions which makes the expansion/world seem empty and FFXIV does which makes it seem full

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    WoW releases 4 zones, FFXIV released 6.... and i'm telling you that the ffxiv zones are half the size of the WoW ones. So it's not like Blizzard isn't adding in lots of new "Content" or "land"
    Blizzard's issue is they don't use their previous lands in their expansions which makes the expansion/world seem empty and FFXIV does which makes it seem full
    They said they will look to implement the Flight mechanic to all zones outside Dragon Isles, that will surely make them full.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-23 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I don’t know I’d argue the credits are the best metric as it’s the literal only one that lists every one involved.

Though of course listing every one involved is also a negative if you just want pure devs and no support staff but even then the credits would be the best place to look though you’d just have to manually sift through them.
    It's certainly not easy to compare products via the raw numbers in the credits. Especially artistic endeavors also contain alot of inherited credits because or (re-)used assets, be these models or just characters and story. Then you have all the multiple mentions and the unknown overlap due to common names. Furthermore you have the various consultants, fire fighters of other departments (omg the deadline, help, please!), temp hires and what not. It's rather hard to believe that the core team of WoW is 60% of all of Blizzard..

I mean the literally credit their HR department..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-04-23 at 08:43 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account

Northrend is actually a good but larger than outland. 25% bigger.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    It's certainly not easy to compare products via the raw numbers in the credits. Especially artistic endeavors also contain alot of inherited credits because or (re-)used assets, be these models or just characters and story. Then you have all the multiple mentions and the unknown overlap due to common names. Furthermore you have the various consultants, fire fighters of other departments (omg the deadline, help, please!), temp hires and what not. It's rather hard to believe that the core team of WoW is 60% of all of Blizzard..

I mean the literally credit their HR department..
    it's not easy to compare it no but it's also the only real team list we are ever going to get and can be shifted through to remove extra's which will alway s bet beer then speculating team sizes based off of no info at all.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.