Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well Considering that the offical Wow Twitter just came out with this

https://mobile.twitter.com/Warcraft/...12116366168064 The rabbit hole deepens

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post

I wouldn't take this as a good clue to be honest. The CM always makes bad jokes and never gives true insight of what's really coming next.

Don't let me down blizz

All this tells me is the WoW CM that runs the Twitter reads MMOChamp lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    I don't think you need a release date for preorder tho, or do you ? They could have just grab all the money and wait. Anyway, there's something fishy. All the collector goodies are already in game so there must be a reason of them holding the preorders.
    I think in the EU you do now.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    1- New talents (no, doesn´t look like the old, maybe a similar concept base, as they said)
    This will be the second time we'd have a heavy talent system revamp, so nothing "new".

2- New attack mechanics introduced (we never had that before)
    MoP also introduced new mechanics in the form of the brewmaster's Stagger mechanic, and the mistweaver's soothing mist mechanics, that allowed you to cast certain spells instantly if you're channeling Soothing Mist.

4- Largest map (that alone implies potential content)
    Maps have basically become larger and larger with each expansion.

5- New radically different race.
    Is it? It's wildly colored, yes, but functionally it's not really that different from the worgen, that has two separate forms and changes automatically into one of them when entering combat.

6- Big professions revamp. (This will carry a big impact)
    We had profession revamps in Legion (when they added ranks to the professions) and Shadowlands (when they added 'extra crafting materials).

8- We also don´t have a clear antagonist so far, instead, they say that we focus on discovery and adventure (kinda new one could argue)
    MoP also didn't have a clear antagonist when it was announced.

So it is already quite different.
    Not really. Certainly not "very different".

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not really. Certainly not "very different".
    A (from what we've seen of the game so far) dramatic change in design philosophy compared to the previous 6 years is, by any measure, 'very different'.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Towellie also said 10.0 was going to be 'very, very different' and it turned out to be completely wrong, so no, he doesn't eat lunch with them.
    It is very different, in terms of design philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    A (from what we've seen of the game so far) dramatic change in design philosophy compared to the previous 6 years is, by any measure, 'very different'.
    By 'dramatic change in design philosophy' we also had WoD in which Blizzard literally tried to get rid of flying, plus the garrison-focused gameplay, etc. So, again, not "very different".

By 'dramatic change in design philosophy' we also had WoD in which Blizzard literally tried to get rid of flying, plus the garrison-focused gameplay, etc. So, again, not "very different".
    WoD was 'very different' too, same as Dragonflight is 'very different'.

In Dragonflight Blizzard isn't trying to get rid of flying.

WoD adding a feature is not comparable to a change in player power design philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    WoD was 'very different' too, same as Dragonflight is 'very different'.

In Dragonflight Blizzard isn't trying to get rid of flying.

WoD adding a feature is not comparable to a change in player power design philosophy.
    Now you're moving the goalposts.

First you said "dramatic change in design philosophy",

Now you're saying "they're not trying to remove anything".

10+ Year Old Account

Dude, playable Tuskarr are totally happening.

Now you're moving the goalposts.

First you said "dramatic change in design philosophy",

Now you're saying "they're not trying to remove anything".
    I....said in the same post you just quoted that Dragonflight has a change in player power design philosophy? Which makes the expansion very different in a way very much unlike WoD's changes?

Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    Tuskarr fans have been waiting a hell of a lot longer than Sethrak fans.
    Ogre fans: Long have I waited...

Darkfallen combines my two favorite races. Don't let me down Blizzard.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    Why the hell would darkfallens be an allied race for preordering Dragonflight when they currently doesn't have anything to do with the expansion ?

I'd say it's something they've shown like tuskarr or maybe some dracthyr who don't use their dragon form and who are just here so the humanoid model they've made is not totally useless for non roleplaying players.

Or maybe vrykul as they already know how to dragonride. Plus they match the neutral slot with their nordic aesthetic matching both the savagery of orcs and the nobility of humans.
    Not that I think it's true, but to be fair, we really have no idea if Darkfallen have a place in the story of Dragonflight right now or not. The initial Allied Races in Battle for Azeroth were available in Legion prior to release if you pre-ordered. Even just on the Alliance side, Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei didn't really have significant story in Battle for Azeroth. They made a few appearances, sure. But they were very far away from being a major part of the expansion. Even the Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har Orcs barely felt relevant to the story at large and you couldn't even get them until you made enough progress in the expansion.

As others have pointed out, there does seem to be some very relevant datamining going on that points to Darkfallen storylines in 9.2.5 and it makes little sense for that kind of work to be going on right now if you're not planning on doing anything with them until years from now. Sylvanas and the various forces of Death left quite a legacy behind on Azeroth. The Darkfallen among them. It would make sense if 9.2.5 is about the aftermath of the events of Shadowlands that we get a good look at what's going on with them. That would easily be the setup for them becoming an Allied Race for Dragonflight. Much the same way as Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei were introduced at the end of Legion and made Allied Races for Battle for Azeroth.

As a side note: From what I remember reading, Blizzard is going to start doing more Heritage Armor for races that still don't have them yet. Seeing as how that got started with Allied Races, take from that what you will.

At first I thought there's no way Blizzard would do Darkfallen but after seeing the visage form for Dracthyr, I think it could actually be a thing.

Males will use the Night Elf model
    Females will use the Blood Elf model

It will be another race that uses mixed models. Even more elves in this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Ogre fans: Long have I waited...
    Naga fans: In the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, we can stop listening to Tow now. Its literally not different.
    What are you talking about. This entire forum has been in a meltdown over how different and a perceived lack of features have been announced.

Hell, this is the first expansion ever announced where you can't pre-order - it'll be the first expansion where alpha is up before you can spend money on it.

I'm just hoping we get more than one allied race like we did with BFA pre-order. There's so much that could've happened while we were in the Shadowlands. I think it would be a great time to add in Allied Race options to help bolster each factions armies. Even though we aren't going back to war we knew that both sides were struggling to field armies at the end of the fourth war. So with the Helm of Domination being destroyed all the undead that were once held back were released onto Azeroth.

I'm hopeful for Sethrak the most, but I could see Jinyu/Ankoan, Vykrul, and Tuskarr added added and possibly more.