Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The game is the most casual it has been in years, it's only ever been getting more and more casual with each expansion. I'm almost convinced these posts are Blizzard shills trying to herald in the age of mobile WoW. I haven't enjoyed retail in about a decade because of just how damn casual it has been. It is sad when Classic is a breath of fresh air in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I was expecting an Azmongold or Preach video.
    It's a video targeted squarely at Asmon/Bellular viewers. These people do not want to engage in critical thinking, they just want to hear somebody tell them the problems they think the game has are valid because {insert reasons here}.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's a video targeted squarely at Asmon/Bellular viewers. These people do not want to engage in critical thinking, they just want to hear somebody tell them the problems they think the game has are valid because {insert reasons here}.
    It was but it does bring up an interesting point. Most of the game is designed to cater to players that only ever hit whatever the game assigns their number 2 key on character creation. If you break it down I would say roughly 90% of the game caters to that crowd 9.5% to the middle pack of players and .5% for mythic raiders and mythic plus players.

Given how old the game is I can't imagine this is healthy. They essentially stopped making any content for any player that is decently skilled instead they reuse encounters and add a skill or a scaling system.

OP is right in a way. Normal is easy now, well yeah most people are 270 with double leggo of course it is. But normal should be easy even in a pug with gear from previous tier, which obviously at 9.2 release it was not. And Heroic should be maybe slightly harder than normal is now not basically unpuggable past the first few bosses. Mythic should remain as the difficulty for organized guilds/groups. There's no question that the difficulty curve has caused a ton of players to quit/stop playing but people will still claim ignorance with the proof staring them in the face.

- - - Updated - - -

This entire video's thesis is that he disagrees with Blizzard's own data on what players in their game engage with. What a clown.
    If blizz's own data was so good at guessing what players want they would still be reporting sub numbers. And they wouldn't be acting so desperate in trying to get people back into the game. I think they used the term "engage the community" like 200 times in the dragonflight release vid. Why do they need to engage the community if they already know it all and the game is doing so well?

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    If blizz's own data was so good at guessing what players want they would still be reporting sub numbers. And they wouldn't be acting so desperate in trying to get people back into the game. I think they used the term "engage the community" like 200 times in the dragonflight release vid. Why do they need to engage the community if they already know it all and the game is doing so well?
    In terms of which systems players interact and engage with, I think it's pretty safe to say that Blizzard knows better than some guy who got his PhD in numerology by watching a couple Bellular videos then copying and pasting his takes. There is obviously room for improvement but I'm not out here creating 20 minute YouTube videos about why I think I'm better than Blizzard at designing the video game.

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=LedZeppelin;53724655]Seems you are upset that there is a mythic difficulty for raids? Are you saying the game would be better if it just vanished? /QUOTE]
    Yes

5+ Year Old Account
    Stop being lazy and get good, or go raid LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It was but it does bring up an interesting point. Most of the game is designed to cater to players that only ever hit whatever the game assigns their number 2 key on character creation. If you break it down I would say roughly 90% of the game caters to that crowd 9.5% to the middle pack of players and .5% for mythic raiders and mythic plus players.
    These sound like made-up numbers so it's hard to engage with this type of argument. I'd say, as I said a few pages back, that Blizzard neither caters towards casuals or hardcore people and instead simply tries to make a broad-strokes MMO which has a focus on the content it does best. In WoW's case, that's the three pillars: Raiding, M+ and PvP. There's a contingent of people who think that Blizzard is intentionally ignoring a "fourth pillar" -- solo players -- but I'd say that it's more likely these people are just searching for WoW to deliver an experience it was never intended to deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play as it should be played (as sad as it makes me)

Buy Expc, level with your friends for a month or two, quit the game, return for the last .5 patch, see the the new story, enjoy the QOL implementations, use all the catchup´s mechanics to prepare your toon for next expac.

Done, 3 or 4 months of gameplay in one Expac, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Yes
    Why though? You can just play lower difficulties. Why do you feel entitled to playing Mythic when you are the one who isn't good enough?
    Do you think the Olympics should be cancelled because you're not good enough to compete?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    How many companies actually report their official sub numbers these days?

It's funny how before classic wow was a thing, tons of content creators were used to post videos about how hard was raiding in vanilla and early expansions, as there were extremelly long and tedious attunement missions that gatekeeped alot of late raiders, how hard was to get ilvl to do the content, how hard were the consumables to get, to get ready for the fights.
    And then, it was like literally months for a single world first last boss kill, and how a tiny-bitty-little portion of the player base had even a chance to see how was the raid personally (because 40 man that did all those things were THOUGH to organize), imagine killing the last boss.

And now, we have 4 different raid difficulties, where the first one you can just faceroll it and see how it is completelly. Normal difficulty you can just pug it and clear with just a minimal comunication.
    You can get gear with many ways, close to zero attunement quest for entry.

How is it for 0.01% of the players NOW?
    You just want to complain because your mind is made of these content creators by watching a video OR don't want to play the game.
    It bothers you so much that a portion of the players want challenge and you don't want it?
    Last edited by gigasx; 2022-04-23 at 10:24 PM.

These sound like made-up numbers so it's hard to engage with this type of argument. I'd say, as I said a few pages back, that Blizzard neither caters towards casuals or hardcore people and instead simply tries to make a broad-strokes MMO which has a focus on the content it does best. In WoW's case, that's the three pillars: Raiding, M+ and PvP. There's a contingent of people who think that Blizzard is intentionally ignoring a "fourth pillar" -- solo players -- but I'd say that it's more likely these people are just searching for WoW to deliver an experience it was never intended to deliver.
    I can agree with that. It just get annoying when I hear about how mythic raiders are super catered to when we haven't gotten as much as a new boss phase this expansion. It's just been a few abilities and scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% agree, the game is far too hard, it only caters to top players, there is a reason Classic became huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    100% agree, the game is far too hard, it only caters to top players, there is a reason Classic became huge.
    95% of the content in this game is easy mode, if we take all 16 years of content it's closer to 99%.

Top players are completely catered towards with welcomed and loved changes like... no master loot, heavy loot rng making splits more heavily mandatory to compete than ever before, domination shards, mindless but (for them) mandatory content like maw/korthia/choreghast...

You guys have no idea what you're even talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I'm not sure what the answer is. In the past the content was easy, and a fun time was had. However, "people got better" or whatever you call that thing that happened to society during wow, and suddenly skill gap, meta, and skill cap was a major issue with the game. However, that is a societal/gaming issue not exclusive to wow or its development.

In extending one aspect of wow, the challenge, the game seems to go out of its way to fracture the community along the lines of player skill. This of course leads to greater rifts and a lack of compassion, and generally a less desirably community overall. Anyone reading this knows that is unsustainable, however an easy mmo for casuals is even more unsustainable, so I'm not sure what can be done. Sorry I don't have all the answers. Git gud at game development I guess. Currently some of the mechanics in the game lead directly to social friction and that is clearly not ideal.
    When was this? When there was only one raid difficulty and only the 0.01% even got to the final boss of an xpac let alone beat it?

Can you imagine how apeshit the player base would go if thet went back to the vanilla/BC way of doing raids? It would look something like the following "Half of all the people who raid would still be doing Nathria cause it's all they're good enough for. Maybe a fifth would be able to beat Sanctum. And only the mythic raiders would even get to see past a single boss in Sepulcher."
    Last edited by cparle87; 2022-04-24 at 11:57 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

To me it is not surprising how "hard" the game is...it's way more surprising how incompetent people are in a game that old.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    When was this? When there was only one raid difficulty and only the 0.01% even got to the final boss of an xpac let alone beat it?

Can you imagine how apeshit the player base would go if thet went back to the vanilla/BC way of doing raids? It would look something like the following "Half of all the people who raid would still be doing Nathria cause it's all they're good enough for. Maybe a fifth would be able to beat Sanctum. And only the mythic raiders would even get to see past a single boss in Sepulcher."
    This was in their brain, somewhere between 2004 and 2010, nostalgia googles and lower skill levels, therefor 0 game knowledge gives them the delusion that it was better back then, they cant tell the difference between "their experience" and "the actual gameplay", therefor they are craving that feeling of "new, discovery and progression" like it can magically happen in a game you have been playing for 18 years.

They simply do not know the game well enough, but they think because they were playing at some point, or playing now, gives them some sort of opinion about it.

They literally claim they prefer to be stuck at Narthia, doing the same daily heroic dungeon with LFD for badges for 2 years, wearing 2 items of higher item level, like 265, and the rest Nathria item levels, because they think that system is better than what we have.

In other words, bad players dont know better.

The game is literally designed for these players to be able to be relevant at all times, yet they dont like it for some fucking reason, running 700 daily Heroics is more fun apparently?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Why though? You can just play lower difficulties. Why do you feel entitled to playing Mythic when you are the one who isn't good enough?
    Do you think the Olympics should be cancelled because you're not good enough to compete?
    If the Olympics was funded with my own money, then yes.

(It's not about being good enough, but rather about the time investment, or the content not being fun)

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even talking about...

If anything it's reverse - vast majority of the game is made for window-lickers. What kind of insanely hard content WoW has? Mythic raids and ultra-high keys? That's a tiny fraction of what this game has, unless you are somehow challenged by Zereth Mortis, Normal Raids or M+7 and consider them designed for the top 0.01%.

The game is casual AF. The biggest "issue" is that way too many people think they are better than they really are and try to do content that is FAR beyond their capabilities, but it's not a game's issue - it's their lapse of judgement.