Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No.there is no competition in PvE.
    Nearly all competition in WoW is PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nearly all competition in WoW is PvE.
    I play exclusive PvE and have done for 14 years. I see no competition. Ever!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I play exclusive PvE and have done for 14 years. I see no competition. Ever!
    Then you probably aren't the best person to evaluate these things when you have been completely oblivious to what's going on around you despite frequenting this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    And in no way Blizz should have disabled normal flying. Go dragonride as much as you want, but please allow others to just relax and fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Just allow us to fly, while you can dragonglide all day for all I care.
    They are designing the expansion around the new type of flying, there will be cool dragonriding challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Flying is the sort of thing that if they could, they would remove from the game.

They can't and now they have been trying for a while to do somthing about it.
    I could only find the German version, but this was the preview of TBC flying back in the day:

https://streamable.com/qs9kgi

Seems that Blizzard always wanted flying to be more, even presented it as such, but never got around to actually realising it. So it left the players with this very convenient minimum viable product.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I personally don't mind much, because I play this game primarily for Mythic Raiding and little else. Flying is not a thing there anyway.

Other than that, I find excessive dooming about something we seen like whole 5 seconds of footage for to be hilarious.

The mission statement for that feature is pretty clear and in the end one way or another it will allow fast airborne travel over the zone. Whether it will take 3 weeks or 5 months to fully unlock max speed and altitude is of little concern to me.
    If nothing else it's certainly better than being grounded for 6 months to a year. Slow standard perhaps but still.

WoW's flying has always been boring AF. There's no gameplay there, you just noclip through the air with no penalties, which may be supremely convenient but it's not fun. A fun traversal system would add a lot to the open world.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I could only find the German version, but this was the preview of TBC flying back in the day:

https://streamable.com/qs9kgi

Seems that Blizzard always wanted flying to be more, even presented it as such, but never got around to actually realising it. So it left the players with this very convenient minimum viable product.
    I particularly enjoy this take on it. But i can see that its not for everyone. Sadly, i think this might just be better for the game if they just embrace it fully, yeah, people might be bored with it, but it is fot the best. Travel becoming gameplay is a big deal IMHO.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

We want flying from day 1!!!!! Everywhere!
    No WE don't so shut it already! ***
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Anyone who doesn't want innovation to come to 'flying mounts' out of fear of removing 'convenience' doesn't want what is best for the game. Flying as it was implemented in 2006 is a detriment to the overall design of the game and is in massive need of a revamp. This isn't even some subjective opinion, this is straight objective facts.

Being able to traverse the world in fun and interesting ways will make the open-world a thousand times more engaging and more fun. There's no valid counter-argument. None.
    Last edited by Sugani; 2022-04-24 at 08:44 AM.

I actually love finding ways to travel. I really enjoyed using the toy combo in Legion from a high location so as to travel around. Making flight interactive actually makes it into gameplay.

I'm glad that they finally listen to people who have said "noclip is stupid" and trying to get them to implement some actual flying features. Everyone who did such, well done!
    now, flying will feel like flying.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

No.. All wrong.

If you remove my ability to fly, you gain nothing and loose nothing, but you remove a big part of the game for me.
    If you let me fly, you gain not in g or loose nothing, you you let me enjoy the game as it was meant to be.

So, Anti-flyers like you, only have the power to make the game worse for other people, but you cannot make the game better in any way.
    Bullshit and completely wrong. Wow is a race at its heart, there is always pressure to keep up with the rest of the players. Ignoring that is nonsensical and completely dishonest.

There is a simple rule that players will always choose the path of least resistance, it is up to the game designers to make that path as interesting as possible. Adding flying into the game ruins a lot of decision making processes throughout the game, if there are enemies between you and your target you are presented with several options, fight through them taking risks, go around them taking time etc. flying completely removes all of those decision making processes because the optimal solution is to always skip unnecessary fights, and flying makes most of the outdoor content optional.

Im sure you know this but you enjoy the convenience of swimming through the air too much and make bullshit arguments that completely ignore the problems

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I'm glad that they finally listen to people who have said "noclip is stupid" and trying to get them to implement some actual flying features. Everyone who did such, well done!
    now, flying will feel like flying.
    Well, let's be honest, they've been agreeing with the basic idea since WoD. It's the lazy people that don't want to put in effort that have been holding them back, so they had to come up with a replacement design first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then you probably aren't the best person to evaluate these things when you have been completely oblivious to what's going on around you despite frequenting this site.
    Better than you, obviously
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

No.. All wrong.

If you remove my ability to fly, you gain nothing and loose nothing, but you remove a big part of the game for me.
    If you let me fly, you gain not in g or loose nothing, you you let me enjoy the game as it was meant to be.

So, Anti-flyers like you, only have the power to make the game worse for other people, but you cannot make the game better in any way.
    Sorry, but YOU DON'T LOOSE FLYING. You can always fly in every zone except like in every expansion in the newest one. I think that this is a long-term solution for flying; best would be that this becomes the standard, but i think that they might make it so that after every expansion you get traditional flying there too. Dragonriding is a fair compromise and something i hoped to be implemented since they didn't allow to fly in WoD. This does allow them to make hidden content in high places, hide treasures, makes people enjoy flying... i mean dragonriding instead of having just a tool to get from a to b.

Quote Originally Posted by Randris View Post
    Seems like there is some conflicting information going around. In an interview with buffed.de Ion said we won't be able to fly at the start, which implies traditional flying will come later.

Source:
    https://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcr...hen-1393543/3/
    Yes, it definitely implies that. I would say it more than implies it.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They are designing the expansion around the new type of flying, there will be cool dragonriding challenges.
    Do you know what would be cooler? Both options are available because if dragonriding was actually fun on its own, Blizz should not have the need to disable flying in the new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Do you know what would be cooler? Both options are available because if dragonriding was actually fun on its own, Blizz should not have the need to disable flying in the new zones.
    That isn't 100% true. If they create challenges around the new type of flying it becomes 100% skill based. Having traditional flying as an option from the get go would undermine the fact the zones are designed around the new flying and make any dragonriding challenge pointless. If they were going to have both styles of flying they would have to teleport you out of areas where they don't want regular flying and people like you would be pissed about that too I am guessing, especially if you were going from point A to B and keep getting teleported away.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    That isn't 100% true. If they create challenges around the new type of flying it becomes 100% skill based. Having traditional flying as an option from the get go would undermine the fact the zones are designed around the new flying and make any dragonriding challenge pointless. If they were going to have both styles of flying they would have to teleport you out of areas where they don't want regular flying and people like you would be pissed about that too I am guessing, especially if you were going from point A to B and keep getting teleported away.
    They wouldn't need to reach such extremes.
    There could be limitations that make automatic "standard" flying less efficient, e.g. obstacles that you need to avoid, preventing you to alt-tab all the way up to your destination. The same kind of obstacles that you'd have options to avoid with Dragonflying-exclusive abilities (loops, sharp bends, quick dive...) that would grant you some sort of speed bonus/boost for the next few tens/hundreds of meters.

So in the end you'd have the choice between the slower but more convenient standard passive flying with alt-tab possibilities, and the new dragonflying active style that will be a faster means of transportation but requiring you to do something.

That's how it is to "give a choice". Removing one option isn't removing a choice.

Remember when they made Personal Loot the default option, not changeable if you had X pugs, then pulled up a statistics out of their arse and concluded that "as no one is using Master Loot anymore, we'll remove it" ?
    That's how shitty "removing options" is.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-26 at 10:59 AM.

Leave it to Blizzard to just take away stuff and sell you the status quo as upgrade.