Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Except these are Drak'thyr, and not actual Dragons. They're some experiment of Neltharion.
    Because if these forms were disguises it would not make any sense. since they stick out like a sore thumb with their scales and stuff. If they really were disguises, and if they really could properly transform like real Dragons, then why don't they perfectly replicate a mortal race like Dragons do?
    TBF, there are a lot of dragons who don't perfectly blend in, and purposely show off the fact that they are actually dragons in mortal form. Wrathion being a prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Give an extra option like this:

A true Dragon race that people have wanted since Vanilla. (Also preferrably a melee or tank spec to go along with it)

Do this and Dragonflight is a near perfect expansion.

I have to admit… that model does look a bit better for a draconic humanoid. The new expansion models look more like lizard-people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I have to admit… that model does look a bit better for a draconic humanoid. The new expansion models look more like lizard-people.
    A dragon race that less than 1% of people would play. Not a good investment on Blizzard's part.

A true Dragon race that people have wanted since Vanilla. (Also preferrably a melee or tank spec to go along with it)

oh, saw your title and not expected you are that specific.

i thought you mean something more like „does Blizzard the right thing… with this xpac?“. in general.

but my answer will be, for the same reason, exactly the same for both: not very sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A dragon race that less than 1% of people would play. Not a good investment on Blizzard's part.

I would think it would be cheaper to adapt an existing model like this.

But meh, I’m unlikely to play the race for 3 to 4 years anyway, so I’m not concerned either way… I just think this model looks better.

They're already doing a dragon race....

Thank you. It's so weird seeing so many people being confused about what Blizzard was going for with the Dracthyr.
    I think it's less that they're confused, and more that it's not what they want. It doesn't help that the game's original races, aside from the shorter ones, all follow the formula of having big, muscular men, so that's what people are used to seeing rendered in Warcraft's style.

As someone who was really pulling for sethrak a few years ago, dracthyr feel like everything I could have asked for. I personally adore their androgyny, but I'd also be fine with them getting an even bulkier body type, so long as it's done to the same quality as the original two (e.g. the textures and armor aren't oddly warped because it turned out to be a rushed job).

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I-IT'S ONLY PRE-ALPHA! (You are here)
    I-IT'S ONLY ALPHA!
    I-IT'S ONLY BETA!
    I-IT'S ONLY PATCH 10.1!!
    it's mmo-champion

Warcraft fans want Warcraft aesthetics, not weird tumblr furry aesthetics. If the devs want to make furry tumblr aesthetics, they're working on the wrong game and should apply for work elsewhere. But we've known that Blizzard has been engaging in Bolshevik marketing for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Warcraft fans want Warcraft aesthetics, not weird tumblr furry aesthetics. If the devs want to make furry tumblr aesthetics, they're working on the wrong game and should apply for work elsewhere. But we've known that Blizzard has been engaging in Bolshevik marketing for years.

None of the actual dragon aspects look like that. They're far, far more Disney in appearance than anyone seems to wanna admit.

Bolshevik marketing lmao, what in the world does that mean? Are we really still using Cold War framing?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

As much as people love touting those... uh, hulks, aren't they predominantly a warrior race?

...hell, were any of them actually casters? I remember a drakonid "necromancer" in Vanilla but I recall him just bopping people with a stick for almost the entire fight.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

I don't have an issue with the slender look but if they add the bulky version as a choice thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Bolshevik marketing lmao, what in the world does that mean?
    Boleshevik marketing refers to corporations trying to sell people not what they actually want, but what the corporations think people aught to have. Making stuff people don't want to buy, but trying to psyop people into thinking that they should want to have that stuff. That is backwards thinking. Corporations should make stuff people actually want to buy. For example:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    As much as people love touting those... uh, hulks, aren't they predominantly a warrior race?

...hell, were any of them actually casters? I remember a drakonid "necromancer" in Vanilla but I recall him just bopping people with a stick for almost the entire fight.
    If you are referring to Lord Valthalak, he actually does cast heals and shadowbolts.

Blizzard already have designs for female humanoid dragons in their other games but the design no longer fits with "The Message" the regressive culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2CG1R7nVJg

Last edited by Daish; 2022-04-24 at 05:39 AM.
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Blizzard already have designs for female humanoid dragons in their other games but the design no longer fits with "The Message" the regressive culture
    It also seems weird that a reptilian race would have mammaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    Shame. If Mantid ever become playable, I doubt we would get those boobies either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It also seems weird that a reptilian race would have mammaries.
    The Argonians from The Elder Scrolls have them.

That would be so cool, that dragonoid looks like it can wear armor already (and look like a tank/melee fighter too).
    Maybe blizzard will consider doing it in the future.

Except they aren't dragonoid or dragonkin... they're Dracthyr. My god if they looked like that freaking bulky dragonoid model then they'd already be something in the game and not a new race. Which that model btw pretty much looks like the male space-goats with scales and claws. My god you're a bunch of whiners.... oh boo hoo.... I don't have some giant bulky, lumbering dragonkin! Sweet jesus, blizzard makes a new race/class combo and all you twits can do is whine about it. This crap is why I mostly stay off the forums!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If Blizzard fails to iterate on the concerns players have made abundantly clear by the time the game gets into Alpha then yes, we'd definitely have a reason for concern. But we already have almost a dozen threads on this subject, I fail to see how this brings anything new to the table other than for the OP to post a couple images for what he'd prefer. /shrug
    Players are "concerned" about every little thing in game. Do you doomsay over every little thing as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Isn't that predominantly what a bunch of nerd boys want due to their homoerotic fixation with hypermasculine power fantasies while at the same time desperately trying to reaffirm their heterosexuality? Basically all the parts of the player base everyone who is concerned about the reveals on the workplace culture in the company would agree Blizzard should never again listen to, to distance themselves from this kind of culture?
    God how cringe can you be lol.

On topic:

If this race is supposed to be dragon related i do think it merrits getting some bulky love aswell. I dont see the problem in having the best of both worlds as a toggle or slider option.

As it is now its more of a lizardoid then a dragonoid imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Madmartegan View Post
    Except they aren't dragonoid or dragonkin... they're Dracthyr. My god if they looked like that freaking bulky dragonoid model then they'd already be something in the game and not a new race. Which that model btw pretty much looks like the male space-goats with scales and claws. My god you're a bunch of whiners.... oh boo hoo.... I don't have some giant bulky, lumbering dragonkin! Sweet jesus, blizzard makes a new race/class combo and all you twits can do is whine about it. This crap is why I mostly stay off the forums!!!
    They arent dragonoid? What? Isnt that exactly what they are supposed to be? A humanoid of dragons? Did i miss something?